Why is Alex Jones?

Truthseeker -

In the BBC piece linked Alex referred to this, by saying the Euro was a Nazi idea.

This is obviously patent nonsense - and in fact the idea for the EU came from the ashes of WWII and the need to try and bring the fighting countries back to common ground and have them work together. It's an idea that came not from Hitler, but from the ashes of what Hitler did to Europe.

Certainly had the Nazis conquered Europe we might be one country and with one currency, but you could then equally say the Euro was an idea from the Roman Empire, or any other empire that ever looked to rule all of Europe. His claims make no sense whatsoever.

Truthseeker -

In the BBC piece linked Alex referred to this, by saying the Euro was a Nazi idea.

This is obviously patent nonsense - and in fact the idea for the EU came from the ashes of WWII and the need to try and bring the fighting countries back to common ground and have them work together. It's an idea that came not from Hitler, but from the ashes of what Hitler did to Europe.

Certainly had the Nazis conquered Europe we might be one country and with one currency, but you could then equally say the Euro was an idea from the Roman Empire, or any other empire that ever looked to rule all of Europe. His claims make no sense whatsoever.

I don't know where the name European Union comes from but the idea of a united Europe probably predated Hitler but he did have a plan. Not everything the Nazis did was a bad idea but I understand the sensitivity of the word Nazi. The problem with Alex Jones he is in attack mode from the start and you can never have an actual debate.

Truthseeker -

Yes, absolutely, I totally agree.

It's a shame in a way because occasionally he may stumble upon some real coverup, but it's going to get lost in his constant all-screaming-all-the-time hysteria and get mixed in with some ideas that are simply childish.

Neither the Right nor the Left claim him.

What he is is a dangerous, paranoid man with over a million followers.

I'd never listened to Alex Jones before, but happened to catch this hilarious piece with him on BBC, where he leaves the host and other interviewee in hysterical laughter.

BBC News - Bilderberg: Alex Jones disrupts BBC's Sunday Politics

The question is - why does he even exist?

No sensible adult could believe a word he says, and anyone with critical faculties will notice on these videos a series of nonsensical garbage (the Euro is a Nazi idea) errors (When he suggests Ed Balls has broken a ministerial oath - and is reminded that Ed is not a minister!) and outright lies.

I am sure he is just in it for the money and doesn't believe a word of it himself - but why does anyone listen?

10%-20% of the people are weak-minded idiots who would believe pretty much any conspiracy if you tell them the government, Jews and/or foreigners are behind it. In a country of 310 million people, 10%-20% is a big market.

Don't believe me?

conspiracy.jpg

The United States of Conspiracy

In a world of ultra careful politically correct op-eds disguised as news commentary it's refreshing to hear someone speak his mind. Why does he exist? Because the freaking 1st Amendment says he can.

In a world of ultra careful politically correct op-eds disguised as news commentary it's refreshing to hear someone speak his mind. Why does he exist? Because the freaking 1st Amendment says he can.

While he does have the right to free speech, he has responsibilities, too. If Jones incites violence against certain members or groups, and people get hurt or die, the blame is squarely on his shoulders.

While he does have the right to free speech, he has responsibilities, too. If Jones incites violence against certain members or groups, and people get hurt or die, the blame is squarely on his shoulders.
You mean the way Limbaugh was punished for his rabid incitement to violence before the Oklahoma City Bombing?

I agree, I wonder if the Southern Poverty Law Center is ever going to be called to task for their inciting one of their followers to attack the Family Research Council in DC last year?

You mean the way Limbaugh was punished for his rabid incitement to violence before the Oklahoma City Bombing?

Or how about Mayor Bradleys incitement to violence that really did result in riots etc., Or how about all the violence that occured because of statements that Sharpton has made?:eusa_whistle:

idb -

Entertaining, for sure! And I guess a lot of people like watching him just for the entertainment value.

But on the other hand, he is deeply disturbing. I don't like the fact that one man can build an empire based on lies and bullshit, and that he doesn't have to take any responsibility for his words.

What are the lies..exactly ?

In Britain the group known as Federal Union was launched in November 1938, and began advocating a Federal Union of Europe as a post-war aim. Its papers and arguments became well known among resistants to fascism across Europe and contributed to their thinking of how to rebuild Europe after the war.
In 1940, following Germany's early military successes in World War II and planning for the creation of a thousand year Reich, a European confederation was proposed by German economists and industrialists. They argued for a "European economic community", with a customs union and fixed internal exchange rates.

Ideas of European unity before 1945 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

idb -

Entertaining, for sure! And I guess a lot of people like watching him just for the entertainment value.

But on the other hand, he is deeply disturbing. I don't like the fact that one man can build an empire based on lies and bullshit, and that he doesn't have to take any responsibility for his words.

In Britain the group known as Federal Union was launched in November 1938, and began advocating a Federal Union of Europe as a post-war aim. Its papers and arguments became well known among resistants to fascism across Europe and contributed to their thinking of how to rebuild Europe after the war.
In 1940, following Germany's early military successes in World War II and planning for the creation of a thousand year Reich, a European confederation was proposed by German economists and industrialists. They argued for a "European economic community", with a customs union and fixed internal exchange rates.

Even if you guys are correct, that isn't all the Alex Jones talks about.

idb -

Even if you guys are correct, that isn't all the Alex Jones talks about.

You people seem to have problems with specifics..

Forum List

Back