Why is FOX so dominant????

There are more conservatives with an inordinate interest in politics than there are liberals.

If that were true Obama would not be President.

Is it possible you meant there are more conservatives with an active interest in politics at present than active liberals?

In my never to be considered humble opinion, if Obama had not campaigned as a conservative on the matters of most interest to most Americans, he would not be President. Unfortunately, President Obama has not governed as Candidate Obama pledged that he would do.

There are more conservatives with an inordinate interest in politics than there are liberals.

Is it possible you meant there are more conservatives with an active interest in politics at present than active liberals?

No, I meant that there are more conservatives in the 'political junky' category than there are liberals.

In my never to be considered humble opinion, if Obama had not campaigned as a conservative on the matters of most interest to most Americans, he would not be President. Unfortunately, President Obama has not governed as Candidate Obama pledged that he would do.

Ludicrous.

No, I meant that there are more conservatives in the 'political junky' category than there are liberals.

Absolutely false. Your considering all liberal against the conservative poitical junky category. Your math is faulty. My guess is your english grammer is more to blame here.

Huh?

Absolutely false. Your considering all liberal against the conservative poitical junky category. Your math is faulty. My guess is your english grammer is more to blame here.

The word is grammar, schoolboy.

Obama won the self-identified 'Moderate' vote by 20 points. That's why he's president.

LOL. Obama campaigned as a moderate Democrat. He and Biden (a typical long-time Democrat) ran against McCain (a moderate Republican) and Palin (a conservative Republican). Remember? America had a choice between a right-leaning team and a left-leaning team. It chose the team that was more to the left (liberal). It can't be more clear. America was center-left.

LOL. Obama campaigned as a moderate Democrat. He and Biden (a typical long-time Democrat) ran against McCain (a moderate Republican) and Palin (a conservative Republican). Remember? America had a choice between a right-leaning team and a left-leaning team. It chose the team that was more to the left (liberal). It can't be more clear. America was center-left.

You are assuming that the People who were motivated to go out and Vote accurately portray the entire 300 Plus million people in America.

You would be wrong.

America Voted for what they thought was a centrist, and got a Liberal. That does not mean America is Center Left. The self identifying polls could not be more clear on this subject. We are a center right nation. That is why Obama's less than Centrist Agenda is being so soundly rejected by about 2/3rd of the Country. Though I am sure some Lib will tell us all it is only Because we are all racist assholes

Last edited:

You are assuming that the People who were motivated to go out and Vote accurately portray the entire 300 Plus million people in America.

You would be wrong.

Okay. Assuming that to be the case – the people on the right just choose to not vote. Doesn’t that still indicate that America, all things considered, is center-left. It seems to me that if America is conservative, then those interested in keeping America to the right as much as possible would be active, get out there, and vote. So Obama supposedly ran as a centrist. Can’t you admit that the Obama Biden ticket was more liberal than was the McCain Palin ticket? Come on.

An America that is silently right-of-center with an active left-of-center voting block equates to a right-of-center america for all practical purposes. Actions count.

You would be wrong.

America Voted for what they thought was a centrist, and got a Liberal. That does not mean America is Center Left. The self identifying polls could not be more clear on this subject. We are a center right nation. That is why Obama's less than Centrist Agenda is being so soundly rejected by about 2/3rd of the Country. Though I am sure some Lib will tell us all it is only Because we are all racist assholes

Links to respected polls?

You would be wrong.

Okay. Assuming that to be the case – the people on the right just choose to not vote. Doesn’t that still indicate that America, all things considered, is center-left. It seems to me that if America is conservative, then those interested in keeping America to the right as much as possible would be active, get out there, and vote. So Obama supposedly ran as a centrist. Can’t you admit that the Obama Biden ticket was more liberal than was the McCain Palin ticket? Come on.

An America that is silently right-of-center with an active left-of-center voting block equates to a right-of-center america for all practical purposes. Actions count.

No you are making to many assumptions. The horrible Presidency of Bush, and selection of McCain as a candidate turned many Would be Conservative voters off.

You are talking about a snap shot in time and apply that to the entire nation, all of the time.

Yes I do agree we voted for the more liberal Choice, however that does not in anyway mean the nations is at its core Center left. As we are about to see in this up coming Election. When the Center right gets their panties in a bunch they go out and vote.

Nearly every poll ever taken on this subject shows the same basic break down where 25% say they are Liberal, about twice as many say they are conservative with the rest saying the are moderate or Centrists. How is that not a center Right Nation?

Ask yourself this. If Obama had been honest when campaigning and not tried to appear much more Moderate than he has acted. Do you really think he would have won? IMO definitely not, as evidenced by his growing unpopularity, especially with Independents. As his decidedly not Centrists Agenda becomes more clear to see.

Last edited:

You would be wrong.

PRINCETON, NJ -- Thus far in 2009, 40% of Americans interviewed in national Gallup Poll surveys describe their political views as conservative, 35% as moderate, and 21% as liberal. This represents a slight increase for conservatism in the U.S. since 2008, returning it to a level last seen in 2004. The 21% calling themselves liberal is in line with findings throughout this decade, but is up from the 1990s.
gcvrk6v1yky1kpfyiqjhvw.gif

Last edited:

You would be wrong.

PRINCETON, NJ -- Thus far in 2009, 40% of Americans interviewed in national Gallup Poll surveys describe their political views as conservative, 35% as moderate, and 21% as liberal. This represents a slight increase for conservatism in the U.S. since 2008, returning it to a level last seen in 2004. The 21% calling themselves liberal is in line with findings throughout this decade, but is up from the 1990s.
gcvrk6v1yky1kpfyiqjhvw.gif

So I over estimated the % of Liberals, but had the part about the number of Conservatives being roughly double liberals right. :)

Like I said. A Center right Country.

Why is FOX so dominant.........and more importantly, why are the cable ratings of news shows so out of balance relataive to the political make-up of the country????

You go look at the cable ratings of shows like "Countdown" on MSNBC, or "Maddow" on MSNBC or frankly any of the other shows on MSNBC or CNN.............they are so low its hysterical. According to CABLENews.com, anything less than 1 million viewers is "off the air" according to industry standards. They are a goof when compared to ANY news show on FOX!!!

But why???

I'll tell you exactly why..............and it proves my point exactly that if not for the dummies of the world, the Democratic party wouldnt get a sniff. In other words, Democrats would never be elected into any office without the majority of its voters being...........well, shall we say, simpletons??!!! How many of the people who go into a voting booth to vote for a Democrat understand economics or, for example, the necessary tradeoffs of government intervention in the marketplace. I'll tell you how many..........a very small percentage. The people watching MSNBC. Who are they? Again..........I'll tell you exactly who they are. People who watch MSNBC are ideologues and America haters. Its the same bunch who tune in every night..........and even that number is laughable. "Countdown"'s rating numbers are laughable. Regular programming with those #'s go off the air all the time. Meanwhile, somebody like Glenn Beck is now approaching 5 million viewers:eek:

Those who are naturally reasonable and view most things in life with a measure of common sense..........who do these people tune into? FOX:lol: People also know that anywhere else they go.......but especially places like MSNBC or CNN..........they are going to get the same canned sh!t they get on NBC, CBS, and ABC.

Thus, the domination of FOX s0ns:funnyface:

It must suck to tune in every night to shows like "The Rachael Maddow Show" and think to yourself, "Shit........everything she's saying is so on target!!! Then how come nobody watches this show and embraces these views??"

C'mon assholes...............most voters who pull the lever for Democrats need to be begged to go to the polls and many are actually driven there by fcukking bus!!! How many of them know about or have even heard about "porkbarrel spending" or "cap and trade"? If there is a giveaway to be had, THATS the guy they are voting for!!!:woohoo:

The independents who now know they've been bamboozled?

They're tuning in FOX s0ns!!!

They say what people want ot hear. They say what the majority believes

TV News, newspapers, magazines, radio talks shows, etc. are all the same. Each has it's own particular slant on the news. I long for a return to the good old days when they all just reported the facts and you had to make up your own minds as to what it all meant. My wife tells me what to think. I don't need any other outside sources to tell me how I should view a particular news incident.

Those "good old days" never existed.

why is fox so dominant?

Nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public.
H. L. Mencken

:thup:

:lol:okay theres that, then theres walter lippmann- It requires wisdom to understand wisdom: the music is nothing if the audience is deaf.

to bad he felt that media elite(s) should call the tune, so were are we now?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back