Why is Liberal Radio Such a Flop?

Any kind of programming exists so long as there are sponsors to pay for it.

When businesses try advertising with a program and find business does not increase they try another program.

Stations (except the few funded by communist front organizations) exist by selling the "availabilities" in programs and in between programs. When local businesses see the ratings figures (pimped by competing stations) they quickly figure that there's nothing in it for them except the prestige of appealing to the few very rich liberals who won't do business with them anyway.

The programs could continue with front-organization donations indefinitely but commercial stations can't survive when what they have to offer (read "sell") is unsaleable. Therefore they swap out the format and go maybe all sports or all Latino.

Ob-la-di-Ob-la-dah......life goes on......

Liberal TV is a smash hit!

Go to HBO.com and watch Bill Maher Overtime, right now!

HBO

Liberals.

No money for food - food stamps instead.

No money for phones - Obamaphones instead.

But they got money to buy HBO.

Go figure.

Or......is Your New Messiah handing out Get-HBO-free prepaid credit cards now?

What the fuck you talkin' about, loser? I gots HBO AND Showtime!

And you know those are really Reaganphones, don't you? It's his program.

Of course you don't - you're a dumbass. :lol:

HBO and Showtime are pay-for type channels.

Unless, of course, someone is clever enough to steal them.

Or too stupid to understand they are paying though, in fairness, perhaps through some other contractual agreement.

Do you think that talk show hosts should be more humble? Like Rush Limbaugh humble?

This is the problem with liberal talk radio, they have to lie and attempt to be anything but their true selves. Hence liberal talk radio is nothing but insults and epithets hurled against freedom and all that is good in the usa.

Actually you've just described Lush Rimjob, who largely invented that style of attack-dog radio ("slut! slut! slut!"). When AirAmerica came up they largely tried to mimic the same thing from the other side. It just didn't fit the sensibilities of listeners on the left. (And I think the genre tried (and still does) far more to be leftist than to be Liberal.) So well does the attack-dog model work for the right in fact, that they adopt the same tactic here, a good example being the very post above. This question always makes me think of the idea behind [ame="http://www.amazon.com/The-Eliminationists-Radicalized-American-Right/dp/0981576982"]this book[/ame].

If we can't get a starting definition of "radio flop", perhaps this is a better question: why are listeners on the right so receptive to attack-dog radio while listeners on the left are not? I've posed that question for years and I don't claim to have an answer. Yet. On the other hand the left fares far better with humor while the right seems to view it as an obscure foreign language. Just a coupla musings...

Really, thank you for confirming my post as being fact. Given the chance to prove differently Pogo begins the rebuttal by hurling epithets, such as a Bigot does.

Then Pogo again resorts to exactly what I describe in my post, pure attack with no basis on reality, Pogo tells us what we should think, nowhere does Pogo actually provide a quote, which is easily done, simply go to Rush's page and do a search of the archives.

Further Pogo continues to the Attack to end, mischaracterizing ordinary Americans "sense of humor" well insulting us people who work at real jobs making life easier for Pogo.

Everything in Pogo's post is nothing more than insults, lies, and political propaganda talking points, which I in so many words described as to why Liberal radio fails.

Pogo validates my post by being a Bigot, Stereotyping millions who Pogo does not know, and will never know.

It is that kind of blind Bigotry that killed the Jews and Blacks, simply a bad trait of human nature, a shame we did not see the end of people such as Pogo with the Republicans winning the Civil Rights movement or our ideals and actions winning World War II.

Sad shame you are Pogo, and any time you feel like going one on one, over the content of any Radio show, feel free to start a thread in "Media".

This is the problem with liberal talk radio, they have to lie and attempt to be anything but their true selves. Hence liberal talk radio is nothing but insults and epithets hurled against freedom and all that is good in the usa.

Actually you've just described Lush Rimjob, who largely invented that style of attack-dog radio ("slut! slut! slut!"). When AirAmerica came up they largely tried to mimic the same thing from the other side. It just didn't fit the sensibilities of listeners on the left. (And I think the genre tried (and still does) far more to be leftist than to be Liberal.) So well does the attack-dog model work for the right in fact, that they adopt the same tactic here, a good example being the very post above. This question always makes me think of the idea behind [ame="http://www.amazon.com/The-Eliminationists-Radicalized-American-Right/dp/0981576982"]this book[/ame].

If we can't get a starting definition of "radio flop", perhaps this is a better question: why are listeners on the right so receptive to attack-dog radio while listeners on the left are not? I've posed that question for years and I don't claim to have an answer. Yet. On the other hand the left fares far better with humor while the right seems to view it as an obscure foreign language. Just a coupla musings...

Really, thank you for confirming my post as being fact. Given the chance to prove differently Pogo begins the rebuttal by hurling epithets, such as a Bigot does.

??

Do you have any clue what the word epithet or the word bigot actually mean? Either one?

Then Pogo again resorts to exactly what I describe in my post, pure attack with no basis on reality

-- where did I attack you? Where?

, Pogo tells us what we should think

again --------- where?

, nowhere does Pogo actually provide a quote, which is easily done, simply go to Rush's page and do a search of the archives.

uhh... what the fuck do you think "slut slut slut" is?

Further Pogo continues to the Attack to end

What the fuck is an "attack to end"? What's being attacked? To what end?

Are you drunk or what? This post gets more and more incoherent...

, mischaracterizing ordinary Americans "sense of humor" well insulting us people who work at real jobs making life easier for Pogo.

What in the wide world of Blue Fuck are you talking about? Where the fuck did I make reference to anyone's job? Are you on drugs? :cuckoo:

Everything in Pogo's post is nothing more than insults, lies, and political propaganda talking points, which I in so many words described as to why Liberal radio fails.

What I did was raise questions. And point out that I don't know the answer to them. Do questions confuse you then?
You know that by this point I'm long past the point where I'm addressing your post and have moved on to addressing the general readership because it ain't all about you--- you know that, right?

Pogo validates my post by being a Bigot, Stereotyping millions who Pogo does not know, and will never know.

The insane?

It is that kind of blind Bigotry that killed the Jews and Blacks

Wait, hold up......

Raising questions of audience psychology "killed the Jews and Blacks"??

Are you hallucinating?

Who told you the Jews and Blacks are dead? WHAT IN THE FLYING FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???

, simply a bad trait of human nature, a shame we did not see the end of people such as Pogo with the Republicans winning the Civil Rights movement or our ideals and actions winning World War II.

graphics-medical-medicine-972586.gif

Sad shame you are Pogo, and any time you feel like going one on one, over the content of any Radio show, feel free to start a thread in "Media".

Uhhhhhhh ---- this IS a thread in "Media".
duh.gif

This is a perfect example of the lesson that PWI never ends well. Holy shit that was a verbal clusterfuck.

Last edited:
Do you think that talk show hosts should be more humble? Like Rush Limbaugh humble?

Actually, I did not know the meaning of one word as you stated, but the other fits you quite well, a bigot.

Lush Rimjob is in your response to me? Am I to think that is your idea of a warm welcome, what exactly is your purpose using such an insult while responding to me? Am I to think your are simply an intelligent reasoning man, engaging me in a reasonable discussion.

So yes, asshole, I know what a Bigot it is, its a person that labels without thinking, without knowing, they have a tendency to use insults while engaging those they hate.

yea, I see your other post, your scratching your skull asking if I am drunk, you began the rant, your reply was nothing but an attack, I am not surprised that you can not understand that, the bigot never sees himself for what he is, ironic yes, but if it was otherwise there would be no bigots.

go ahead reply, find an error in punctuation or my use of a word, its all you got, its all you're capable of, intellectually, oh, and I look forward to your "Rush Limbaugh" thread in media, I can not wait.

anyhow, Mark Levin if by far the most important voice in America, Rush is about tied because of the number of people that listen to Rush.

go ahead, I can't wait for your thread and your next astonishing post.

Actually, I did not know the meaning of one word as you stated, but the other fits you quite well, a bigot.

Lush Rimjob is in your response to me? Am I to think that is your idea of a warm welcome, what exactly is your purpose using such an insult while responding to me? Am I to think your are simply an intelligent reasoning man, engaging me in a reasonable discussion.

So yes, asshole, I know what a Bigot it is, its a person that labels without thinking, without knowing, they have a tendency to use insults while engaging those they hate.

yea, I see your other post, your scratching your skull asking if I am drunk, you began the rant, your reply was nothing but an attack, I am not surprised that you can not understand that, the bigot never sees himself for what he is, ironic yes, but if it was otherwise there would be no bigots.

go ahead reply, find an error in punctuation or my use of a word, its all you got, its all you're capable of, intellectually, oh, and I look forward to your "Rush Limbaugh" thread in media, I can not wait.

anyhow, Mark Levin if by far the most important voice in America, Rush is about tied because of the number of people that listen to Rush.

Are you Lush Rimjob?

--- Then it's not your concern, is it?

Rimjob is a third party. And part of mass media, which is what this thread and this forum category is about.

What the fuck are you suggesting ---- that no one may dare criticize some third party just because you obsequiously fawn over him? And this after ludicrously posting, "Pogo tells us what we should think" with a straight face? :rofl:

What do you have, an emotional relationship with a radio blowhard?

I think you'd better sleep this one off, Gomer. You're embarrassing yourself.

:dig:

Last edited:

Lush, that term means a drunk?

Rimjob, if I can quote the urban dictionary:

Urban Dictionary: rim job

the act of orally stimulating the external anal sphincter to cause sexual arousal

mr pogo, opening with this type of insult, has the audacity to believe anyone could consider pogo to be anything less than a bigot.

a true piece of work you are, I am happy I will never meet you,

hey pogo, take a look at your sentence, are you drunk. "so well does the"? Pogo's grammar is very poor.

Why did you not state, "The Attack-Dog model works so well that".

To much drink yes? 5$ super market vodka?

Lush, that term means a drunk?

Rimjob, if I can quote the urban dictionary:

Urban Dictionary: rim job

the act of orally stimulating the external anal sphincter to cause sexual arousal

mr pogo, opening with this type of insult, has the audacity to believe anyone could consider pogo to be anything less than a bigot.

a true piece of work you are, I am happy I will never meet you,

Exactly what part of "you are not Lush Rimjob" is sailing over your head here, Gomer?

I cannot insult Lush Rimjob if he is not here. I could insult you, but you seem to have that covered. You're burying yourself faster than I could. And you still have no clue what the word bigot means.

This is a free speech zone, Bub. I will hold whatever opinion of Lush Rimjob I damn well please and there isn't a god damned thing you can do about it, nor should there be. If you want to control what everybody else thinks, get thee to a plane bound for North Korea. Doesn't fly in this country, pun intended. And if you actually have such an emotional relationship with a voice on the radio you've never met that you melt down at the first hint that the emperor has no clothes, then I submit you need a psychologist even more than you need a travel agent.

Sleep it off, Otis. It's hard to watch.

Actually you've just described Lush Rimjob, who largely invented that style of attack-dog radio ("slut! slut! slut!"). When AirAmerica came up they largely tried to mimic the same thing from the other side. It just didn't fit the sensibilities of listeners on the left. (And I think the genre tried (and still does) far more to be leftist than to be Liberal.) So well does the attack-dog model work for the right in fact, that they adopt the same tactic here, a good example being the very post above. This question always makes me think of the idea behind this book.

Are you Lush Rimjob?

--- Then it's not your concern, is it?

Rimjob is a third party. And part of mass media, which is what this thread and this forum category is about.

What the fuck are you suggesting ---- that no one may dare criticize some third party just because you obsequiously fawn over him? And this after ludicrously posting, "Pogo tells us what we should think" with a straight face? :rofl:

What do you have, an emotional relationship with a radio blowhard?

I think you'd better sleep this one off, Gomer. You're embarrassing yourself.

"What the fuck are you suggesting", I did not suggest anything, I stated you are a bigot, I state that morons are bigots, I state that pogo is bigot and the fact that proves this is how pogo chooses to address my posts with literal, vulgar insults.

only a moron would expect anyone to respond to such vulgarity any other way. It does not matter who Rush Limbaugh is, what matters is that pogo's first choice of terms to use while responding to me, is "rimjob".

I cannot help if pogo chooses to behave exactly as a bigot behaves, so I call pogo a bigot. No suggesting nothing, its how pogo acts, pretty crazy as far as I am concerned.

I never begin conversations as pogo does, yet pogo acts innocent, like rimjob is a term one would use when talking with ones mother, neighbor, or with strangers.

rimjob, really, that is your understanding, very bigoted moron!

hey pogo, take a look at your sentence, are you drunk. "so well does the"? Pogo's grammar is very poor.

"So well does (the model work) that they adopt the same tactic". "So well... (how well?) well enough that..". Not a damn thing wrong with the grammar.

We speak English here. What is your native tongue? You don't seem to have figured this one out yet.

English does not have rigid syntactical rules. We can express syntax however we would like it to flow. I don't need to lead with the subject. Again, word fascist, I write my own stuff -- not you. Like it or lump it.

Last edited:
There's certainly enough Libs in America to support liberal talk radio but it never seems to succeed. I'm not extolling the virtues of Con radio because it nuts but at least it's entertaining.
I'm guessing it is because once Libs hear themselves and each other speak they are embarrassed by their silliness.
Any other logical reasons?

radio doesn't have moving colors to distract them with. In radio you have to consider what the person is saying, not just stare blankly.

Actually you've just described Lush Rimjob, who largely invented that style of attack-dog radio ("slut! slut! slut!"). When AirAmerica came up they largely tried to mimic the same thing from the other side. It just didn't fit the sensibilities of listeners on the left. (And I think the genre tried (and still does) far more to be leftist than to be Liberal.) So well does the attack-dog model work for the right in fact, that they adopt the same tactic here, a good example being the very post above. This question always makes me think of the idea behind this book.

"So well does (the model work) that they adopt the same tactic". "So well... (how well?) well enough that..". Not a damn thing wrong with the grammar.

We speak English here. What is your native tongue? You don't seem to have figured this one out yet.

English does not have rigid syntactical rules. We can express syntax however we would like it to flow. I don't need to lead with the subject. Again, word fascist, I write my own stuff -- not you. Like it or lump it.

Do you have any clue what the word epithet or the word bigot actually mean? Either one?

correct me if I am wrong, but pogo's above quote is the equivalent of what pogo is claiming to be "fascist", pogo why is it okay for you to use this tactic, first against me, but when pogo receives the same tactic it becomes, "fascist".

Are you drunk, pogo? If I can ask what you implied of me. Or would that be "fascist", go ahead, explain you're hypocrisy.

There's certainly enough Libs in America to support liberal talk radio but it never seems to succeed. I'm not extolling the virtues of Con radio because it nuts but at least it's entertaining.
I'm guessing it is because once Libs hear themselves and each other speak they are embarrassed by their silliness.
Any other logical reasons?

I lived in a place one time that could only receive one station on FM, and that was an NPR/Classical music station. (To me, the classical music format is NPR's only saving grace).

The only problem was that the only times they actually played classical music was when I was asleep or at work. The rest of the time it was propaganda like "Stale Air with Terry Disgusting". It would have been nice to get some music to go with that.

Because Radio is paid for by Corporations and they don't want the truth out to the public.

Silliness. Commercial talk radio like any commodity is intended to MAKE MONEY or, as in the case of NPR, at least break even. If you have a successful Lib talk show you will get sponsors. The truth you claim to want made public is that socialism, like Lib talk radio, is an abject failure. Get off your butt and help pull the train ... there's a lot of peeps riding it who genuinely need our help. :D

Last edited:

Forum List

Back