Why is naturalism considered scientific and creationism is not ?

First and foremost, how us it that I was so certain that your response would be from a fundie extremist

From the AIG website:

Dr. Georgia Purdom is a compelling and dynamic lecturer and well qualified to speak on the relevance of Genesis to the issue of biblical authority. She is the only female Ph.D. scientist engaged in full-time speaking and research for a biblical creationist organization in North America. Dr. Purdom states, “A proper understanding of Genesis is very important because it is foundational to biblical authority and a Christian worldview. It’s about so much more than the creation/evolution controversy. It’s about the truthfulness and authority of God’s Word.”

Dr. Georgia Purdom, hypocrite | Dale Husband's Intellectual Rants

https://bible.org/seriespage/what-does-it-mean-not-teach-or-have-authority-over-men-1-timothy-211-15

First and foremost, how us it that I was so certain that your response would be from a fundie extremist

From the AIG website:

Dr. Georgia Purdom is a compelling and dynamic lecturer and well qualified to speak on the relevance of Genesis to the issue of biblical authority. She is the only female Ph.D. scientist engaged in full-time speaking and research for a biblical creationist organization in North America. Dr. Purdom states, “A proper understanding of Genesis is very important because it is foundational to biblical authority and a Christian worldview. It’s about so much more than the creation/evolution controversy. It’s about the truthfulness and authority of God’s Word.”

Is there a point in there ? I would put my bible first before any secular science text book. The secular science text books have earned that opinion.

That you would actually believe that the bible is a science book is not surprising but does show the breadth of your stupidity.

I never said I thought the bible was a science book. I do believe there are things mentioned in the bible that have been confirmed by modern day science and technology. I guess you're getting angry over my questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a point in there ? I would put my bible first before any secular science text book. The secular science text books have earned that opinion.

That you would actually believe that the bible is a science book is not surprising but does show the breadth of your stupidity.

I never said I thought the bible was a science book. I do believe there are things mentioned in the bible that have been confirmed by modern day science and technology. I guess you're getting angry over my questions.

Angry? Not in the least. You said "I would put my bible first before any secular science text book". That certainly does imply that you are using the bible to support your notions of science. I think it is disingenuous of you to make claims like the one you made that apes and humans don't share genetic defects, and when shown that you are wrong you don't acknowledge your error. I don't think you are being honest in your arguments, nor do I think you are learning anything from these discussions. So what's the point in having them in the first place?

Last edited by a moderator:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=h5ACyiSPAmE

Angry? Not in the least. You said "I would put my bible first before any secular science text book". That certainly does imply that you are using the bible to support your notions of science. I think it is disingenuous of you to make claims like the one you made that apes and humans don't share genetic defects, and when shown that you are wrong you don't acknowledge your error. I don't think you are being honest in your arguments, nor do I think you are learning anything from these discussions. So what's the point in having them in the first place?

Look, I am talking rare genetic disorders,animals suffer from cancer,heart disease. The apes do not suffer from Aids or Malaria.

nherited mutations of oncogenes

A few cancer syndromes are caused by inherited mutations of proto-oncogenes that cause the oncogene to be turned on (activated). For example, multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2 (MEN2) is caused by an inherited mutation in the gene called RET. People affected by this syndrome often develop an uncommon thyroid cancer called medullary cancer of the thyroid. They also develop other tumors, including pheochromocytoma and nerve tumors. Inherited mutations in the gene called KIT can cause hereditary gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GISTs). And inherited mutations in the gene called MET can cause hereditary papillary renal cancer.
Acquired mutations of oncogenes

Most cancer-causing mutations involving oncogenes are acquired, not inherited. They generally activate oncogenes by chromosome rearrangements, gene duplication, or mutation. For example, a chromosome rearrangement can lead to formation of the gene called BCR-ABL, which leads to chronic myeloid leukemia (CML). Acquired mutations that activate the KIT gene cause most cases of gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST).

Inherited abnormalities of tumor suppressor genes have been found in some family cancer syndromes. They cause certain types of cancer to run in families. For example, a defective APC gene causes familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP), a condition in which people develop hundreds or even thousands of colon polyps. Often, at least one of the polyps becomes cancer, leading to colon cancer. There are many examples of inherited tumor suppressor gene mutations, and more are being discovered each year. For more information about inherited mutations and cancer, see our document Heredity and Cancer.
Acquired mutations of tumor suppressor genes

Tumor suppressor gene mutations have been found in many cancers. Most of these mutations are acquired, not inherited.

For example, abnormalities of the TP53 gene (which codes for the p53 protein) have been found in more than half of human cancers. Acquired mutations of this gene appear in a wide range of cancers, including lung, colorectal, and breast cancer. The p53 protein is involved in the pathway to apoptosis. This pathway is turned on when a cell has DNA damage that can't be repaired. If the gene for p53 is not working properly, cells with damaged DNA continue to grow and divide. Over time this can lead to cancer.

Acquired changes in many other tumor suppressor genes also contribute to the development of sporadic (not inherited) cancers.

Gene mutations that can lead to cancer

Look, I am talking rare genetic disorders,animals suffer from cancer,heart disease. The apes do not suffer from Aids or Malaria.

Chimps and gorillas, in fact, suffer from a form of HIV that affects only them. That virus has been used as a model for human HIV in research looking for a cure to human AIDS. How many times do I need to correct your mistakes? You know, there is something available on the internet that might help you find the right answers. It's called Google. Alternatively, you can use Bing. Or you can take some college level science classes. You choose.

From the AIG website:

Dr. Georgia Purdom, hypocrite | Dale Husband's Intellectual Rants

https://bible.org/seriespage/what-does-it-mean-not-teach-or-have-authority-over-men-1-timothy-211-15

Encyclopedia of American Loons: #329: Georgia Purdom

Chimps and gorillas, in fact, suffer from a form of HIV that affects only them. That virus has been used as a model for human HIV in research looking for a cure to human AIDS. How many times do I need to correct your mistakes? You know, there is something available on the internet that might help you find the right answers. It's called Google. Alternatively, you can use Bing. Or you can take some college level science classes. You choose.

Correct me with conjecture :lol:

HIV-Like Virus Found in Gorillas
Sean Markey
for National Geographic News
November 9, 2006

A form of HIV has been found in wild gorillas in western central Africa. This is the first time the AIDS-causing virus has been detected in primates other than chimps and humans.

Can you recognize conjecture ?

Sean Markey
November 9, 2006

A form of HIV has been found in wild gorillas in western central Africa. This is the first time the AIDS-causing virus has been detected in primates other than chimps and humans.

So, your evidence that I am presenting conjecture is an article that actually verifies that what I was saying is true? Facepalm time.

Simian immunodeficiency virus (SIV) is real, dude. You have been corrected. Are you going to acknowledge it, or are you going to sink even further into the quagmire of your own denial?

Sean Markey
November 9, 2006

So, your evidence that I am presenting conjecture is an article that actually verifies that what I was saying is true? Facepalm time.

Simian immunodeficiency virus (SIV) is real, dude. You have been corrected. Are you going to acknowledge it, or are you going to sink even further into the quagmire of your own denial?

That is your sides faulting reasoning because something is similar they must be the same. Same argument as Dna similarity.

Sean Markey
November 9, 2006

That is your sides faulting reasoning because something is similar they must be the same. Same argument as Dna similarity.

If one species of immunodeficiency virus needs a different protein coating to become viral in its host as compared to another species of immunodeficiency virus, that doesn't mean that it is no longer an immunodeficiency virus. A leopard frog and a bull frog are two different species of frogs. But they are both still frogs.

So your response is going to be to delve even further into your quagmire of denial. That's just sad.

Forum List

Back