Why is prostitution illegal?

The only legitimate use of government force is to prevent me from harming someone else

My case. In not so many words.

I thought you were arguing for prostitution to be illegal

I am. The risk for disease if anything else should be one of the main reasons to keep it illegal. If government's role is to protect others from harm, preventing the spread of STDs is the first measure I'd want them to take.
what if a small tax was imposed on that industry for a "safe sex administration" to help regulate it.

The only legitimate use of government force is to prevent me from harming someone else

I am. The risk for disease if anything else should be one of the main reasons to keep it illegal. If government's role is to protect others from harm, preventing the spread of STDs is the first measure I'd want them to take.
what if a small tax was imposed on that industry for a "safe sex administration" to help regulate it.

There will be a wealth of unregulated and untaxed prostitutes. Some men will use legal brothels, some men will choose the cheaper alternative that's not taxed and not regulated.

There will be a wealth of unregulated and untaxed prostitutes. Some men will use legal brothels, some men will choose the cheaper alternative that's not taxed and not regulated.

Check your hooker for a tax stamp on the sole of her foot.

rlatma.jpg

Prostitution is not theft or robbery, it is services paid for, like any other business. Why is it illegal then?

Also, with increased poverty, prostitution may help some economically.

If prostitution was legal, it could be regulated, pimps held at bay, and the exchange would be safer, even worthy of insurance policies.

So, why is this traditional industry still outlawed?

I don't know, maybe it could be because of things like this.

Innocence for Sale: Domestic Minor Sex Trafficking

Legal prostitution has never been a problem in Nevada. The only people who are against prostitution are those who claim that they would never use a prostitute's services. You know, people like Sen. Vitter.

Prostitution is not theft or robbery, it is services paid for, like any other business. Why is it illegal then?

If prostitution was legal, it could be regulated, pimps held at bay, and the exchange would be safer, even worthy of insurance policies.

Because people want to intervene their religion with our countries economy.
It is the most natural thing humans can do. People need to grow the fuck up.

A woman trading the sanctity of her body for anything--cash, drinks, dinners, or Netflix--is placing worth on something that is invaluable.

That is debatable. It can be argued that trading "the sanctity" of the body is a normal human behavior on account of all forms of physical/sexual interaction are "trading" one's body for some purpose, even when the purpose is one's own goal of sexual gratification. But it's probably not worth going off on a tangent to discuss the finer points of meaning and merit to human sexual interactions. Your response does not actually address my point. Right or wrong, women do indeed trade their bodies for a wide variety of benefits to be received from their partner. I'm going to assume that you don't favor criminalizing women trading sex for dinners and drinks. Since you don't favor criminalizing such demeaning behavior in that instance, do you support criminalizing it in another instance, specifically when the trade is for direct cash? And if so, why one and not the other?

you mean like free chics claiming to have social morals for free, but lie to us and let us miss our turn?

Because we have generally opposed the exploitation and sale of women in our society.

The real question is what kind of pathetic man needs to pay for sex?

I dunno... what's the difference if woman says "meh, he spent a bundle on dinner, I'll fuck him". Or just says "ok, give me $200, I'll fuck ya".

Seems to me to be the same.

Every time I ask myself this question and push the button the wheel spins for a minute and the same answer pops up: Logically, the prohibition against prostitution must derive from political pressure from married and engaged women who are concerned with competition. If a man were able to satisfy his most erotic fantasies or his most simple impulses by visiting a prostitute he will be far less inclined to go out of his way to accommodate the will and wishes of a wife or fiancee.

I'm sure moral (religious) fanatics account for some level of anti-prostitution agitation but certainly not enough to sufficiently promote the kind of legislation required to maintain this clearly hypocritical taboo.

Married and religious women...Don't want it...

Forum List

Back