Why is prostitution illegal?

The greatest danger of legalized prostitution is that people would go around thinking they have done something when they have done nothing. Women and children will still be exploited sex slaves. Women would still be beaten and killed but hey, prostitition is legal.
Like legal weed distributors? Yea, I heard they are getting gunned down daily.
I have not heard of men paying to gun down weed distributors. Every pimp has a girl he will let a sadist beat to death if the price is right.

The greatest danger of legalized prostitution is that people would go around thinking they have done something when they have done nothing. Women and children will still be exploited sex slaves. Women would still be beaten and killed but hey, prostitition is legal.
I have not heard of men paying to gun down weed distributors. Every pimp has a girl he will let a sadist beat to death if the price is right.
Yea, nobody dies in the drug game. LOL
If it was legalized, there wouldn't be street pimps at the rate they are now.
Well, unless they tax the holy hell out of it. Same concept as weed, basically.

Legality and regulation would make prostitution safer for everyone.
I'm pretty sure that beating them to death would be one of the first things made illegal in the regulations.

Prohibition turned out like shit, the drug war is shit - I fail to understand how so many cannot connect the similarities in these morality laws.

Eradicating Prostitution is impossible, reducing it is. You can see that when Prohibition was implemented. It was successful in reducing it, not eliminating it. If we judged Prohibition on its ability to eliminate alcohol consumption, it would be a drastic failure.

For example, in Drinking in America (first published in 1982 and revised in 1987), Mark Edward Lender and James Kirby Martin, after a careful and balanced review of studies made during and since Prohibition, note that Prohibition did reduce drinking. The average annual per capita consumption of absolute alcohol by Americans of drinking age—that is, the total alcoholic content of all the beer, wine, and distilled spirits they consumed—stood at 2.60 gallons in the period from 1906 to 1910. It began to drop in the next decade due to state prohibition laws and wartime grain-saving restrictions on brewing and distilling. When statistics were kept again after legal consumption was resumed, the numbers were 0.97 in 1934, 1.20 in 1935, and an average of 1.54 for the period 1936 to 1941. (Pre-1914 levels weren’t reached again, in fact, until 1971.)

In addition, Census Bureau studies showed that the death rate from chronic or acute alcoholism fell from 7.3 per 100,000 in 1907 to 1.6 in 1919, surged to 4.0 in 1927, but was back down to 2.5 in 1932, Prohibition’s last full year. Deaths from cirrhosis of the liver, one cause of which is alcohol abuse, dropped from 14.8 per 100,000 in 1907 to 7.1 in 1920 and never rose above 7.5 during the 1920s. Economic studies estimated that savings and spending on household necessities increased among working-class families during the period, possibly from money that once went to drink. And Norman H. Clark’s fine 1976 “interpretation” of the Prohibition era, Deliver Us from Evil , cites impressive evidence that during the early years of Prohibition arrests for drunkenness and crimes committed while drunk fell off sharply.

Reflections On The Dry Season | American History Lives at American Heritage

So, if Prohibition had that kind of effect, I assume keeping prostitution illegal will have the same effect.

Legalize Prostitution? Not So Fast | National Review Online

Of course there would! This is what I mean. Legalize prostitution and people will think the problems have gone away when in fact nothing will have changed at all.

I'm pretty sure that beating them to death would be one of the first things made illegal in the regulations.
You have that much confidence in regulations? Suppose someone doesn't follow the regulations? Would you arrest them for prostitution?

what I cant understand is why a guy would want a prostitute in the first place.
Sex without feeling sucks. (no pun intended) I would rather spend the money on something good, or even put it into savings and just self stimulate if it came to that.

You have that much confidence in regulations? Suppose someone doesn't follow the regulations? Would you arrest them for prostitution?
would I get arrested for selling alcohol out of the trunk of my car without reporting the sales tax on it?

Of course...you'd arrest them for illegal prostitution.
Is that too hard to understand?

would I get arrested for selling alcohol out of the trunk of my car without reporting the sales tax on it?
Or single cigarettes in the street?

Does anyone see the moral issue with prostitution, illegal or not?

In my own personal opinion, people should not [and not have to] whore out their bodies for money.

It should not happen. This... decay. On the other side, people should not have to resort to it, either.

Both political sides share fault in this. The Left for having a complete and shameless lack of respect for people's bodies, and the Right for not giving a damn about the financial well-being of those less fortunate than them. Pawns on the Left cheer these desperate souls to go forth and do this sad and shameful thing for money. Pawns on the Right have a role in those desperate souls being desperate [slightly lesser role from the Left], and not doing much if anything to help them be pulled out of the muck of desperation. I don't want to see people suffering. I don't want to see them feel like they have to do this. I want people on the Left to stop championing this. I want people on the Right to start giving a fuck about these desperate souls instead of putting the almighty dollar above them each and every single damned time.

Last edited:
Sex without feeling sucks. (no pun intended) I would rather spend the money on something good, or even put it into savings and just self stimulate if it came to that.
That's fine...I can't understand why anyone would play video games...but go for it if that's your thing.

Of course there would! This is what I mean. Legalize prostitution and people will think the problems have gone away when in fact nothing will have changed at all.
That would depend if they taxed it to holy hell or not. If people have legal options, usually they will go that way. Pimps will be out of business.

Too much information.......

Except in B you manage to ignore the fact that a woman can screw whoever they want whenever they want without using anything to protect from pregnancy right now regardless of the legality of prostitution.

Either can be considered a form of adultery, so, why make marital infidelity even easier by legalizing prostitution? Or are we so against the moral argument now that even marriage can be sacrificed for the sake of freedom?

Wow. I guess I'm really out of place here.

That's fine...I can't understand why anyone would play video games...but go for it if that's your thing.
at least with the video game you pay for it once and then get to keep it..
Come to think of it, you can keep some of the stuff you get from a hooker too.

Except in B you manage to ignore the fact that a woman can screw whoever they want whenever they want without using anything to protect from pregnancy right now regardless of the legality of prostitution.

Either can be considered a form of adultery, so, why make marital infidelity even easier by legalizing prostitution? Or are we so against the moral argument now that even marriage can be sacrificed for the sake of freedom?

Wow. I guess I'm really out of place here.
Adulterers are usually sneaky. I don't think a public business would be a good idea lol

at least with the video game you pay for it once and then get to keep it..
Come to think of it, you can keep some of the stuff you get from a hooker too.
I am sure that would be regulated as well.

Forum List

Back