why is religion important?

Jesus is important because he's God incarnate.

You do realize if you were born in Pakistan you would be saying the same shit right now about Mohammad? And if you were in Utah you'd be saying the same thing about Joseph Smith. And if you were a jew, the original bullshit story, you'd think you were one of the chosen people. Simpleton.

Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.”

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?” – Epicurus

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.” – Stephen F Roberts

“A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it.” – David Stevens

“If god is the alpha and the omega. The beginning and the end, knows what has passed and what is to come, why do people pray and think it will make any difference?” – Mark Fairclough

“Prayer: To ask the laws of the universe to be annulled on behalf of a single petitioner, confessedly unworthy.” – Ambrose Bierce

“Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer.”

Among the religions of God/ Allah/ YHWH, there are a myriad of perspectives regarding the Nature of God and of to what extent one can interact with God. Various religions of YHWH have their own spiritual laws, commandments, and rituals that help them worship God in a way that they feel best suits their culture, and the Nature of their people.

Sometimes the religions contradict each other, but that is only because humans' attempt at truly understanding God is imperfect, and always will be.

If one does not feel comfortable with Christianity, they can find another road to God in Islam, Judaism, etc. Some might even find a road to God through Paganism or some other religion that is not generally perceived as being "compatible" with the worship of YHWH.

In the rarest of cases, one may create their own religious system and forge their own path to God. This makes one immune to the tactics of those who seek to exploit other humans' belief in God to control, manipulate, and enslave them.

There are many roads to YHWH. No religion is the "true religion". No religion has all the answers, and no Holy Book will tell you everything there is to learn about God. Because no matter what you believe regarding our connection to God... God IS "unknowable."

When I pray to God, and align myself with what I percieve to be God's Will, and listen to what I perceive to be YHWH communicating to me, that is not "knowing God". I do not know what God looks like, or the extent of God's powers, or what God's intentions were in all that God has done. In fact, no matter how strong your faith is, you cannot truly "know" that God (or Jesus for that matter) even exists outside of your own heart and mind.

That is why it is called "faith". Think about that.

All in all, that which has been said here merely reflects my own beliefs. Consider what I have written whether you believe me to be crazy or wise.

Rarest? :eusa_eh:

I would say that, ass-u-me-ing God, anyone and everyone who converses with said God forges their own path to God.
Ass-u-me-ing God. :eusa_shifty: Big assumption!​

For those, like me, who believe that they have regular conversations with God, I just think it foolish to work so hard from the ancient stories at forging a relationship with The God of Abraham, as described in The Torah, The New Testament, and The Koran, when a relationship with The God of (insert Your name here) is apparently already happening in spite of your efforts.
Ass-u-me-ing God.​

Let Abraham's God be buried with Abraham, and let AVG-God be buried with me.
How else is religious freedom to be defined?​

`

You do realize if you were born in Pakistan you would be saying the same shit right now about Mohammad? And if you were in Utah you'd be saying the same thing about Joseph Smith. And if you were a jew, the original bullshit story, you'd think you were one of the chosen people. Simpleton.

No. I would still say Jesus is god incarnate in all the situations you describe.

Last edited:
for example, nazis had the religion that they are more developped than others, so they have the right to control and maybe kill those others. in the same manner you kill a hen or a sheep because you are more developed than him.

Not exactly. It was based on the parable of the talents, just like right-wing Christianity is today:

"I am also religious, profoundly religious on the inside, and I believe that Providence weighs human beings. Those who do not pass the trials imposed by Providence, who are broken by them, are not destined by Providence for greater things. It is a natural necessity that only the strong remain after this selection."
-- Adolf Hitler; from Munich Löwenbräukeller (November 8, 1943)

secularism doesn't solve the problem, because it doesn't answer what will happen after death, it is only suitable to these theortical religions that have no practical consequences.

Of course secularism CAN solve the problem. When one accepts that there is no supernatural consequences, one can follow the empathy that nature gave them (as do other highly evolved creatures, in their own more primitive ways).

Of course some individuals are seemingly born without empathy, or are conditioned to have none, and so civilized society has a system of laws to reform or isolate them for the sake of the common good.

No. I would still say Jesus is god incarnate in all the situations you describe.

Actually, it says in the Bible that all life was created from Adam and Eve.

And................Jesus was from that line created by them (as well as a lot of other people).

National Geographic has done a documentary where they proved that all of us came from a genetic Adam and a genetic Eve. It's called "The Human Family Tree", and shows us all that we are all connected.

I know that I'm Yeshua's little brother, I also know that I'm Buddha's nephew.

I just wish that others would act like it, because if we did, we'd show a lot of more love towards our fellow human and not act like idiots because someone has a different belief system than what we (as in ourselves) do.

The world would be a lot less war like and a lot less conflict having if we just allowed others to have their own belief system, and if we don't have the same, try to learn from those who are different from us.

We might learn something.

My brothers and sisters are those who do the will of God.

The most important is to love God with all of your heart and soul

And second is to love my neighbor like I love myself.

Last edited:
It is important because weak minded people can't handle the fact the end equals a box buried in dirt. Believing in something supernatural keeps them from going insane and blowing up the planet. If believing in God, aliens or rubbing the bellies of Buddha statues keeps them out of my way I fully support it.

No. I would still say Jesus is God incarnate in all the situations you describe.

Which God? :dunno:

Please be specific.

No. I would still say Jesus is God incarnate in all the situations you describe.

Please be specific.

There is only one God. He incarnated as Jesus Christ. Details are in the Bible.

Last edited:

In the humble opinion of this average Monkey, tolerance of each others beliefs and life-styles is the DEFINITION of loving one another.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/348859-monkeys-hate-being-wrong.html#post8903918

Tolerance is not love. The command by God shows how to love.

Last edited:
religion is a must for two reasons:

1- to take care of what will happen after death
if god will throw those non-believers into the hell, it is important to think of this possibility to protect yourself otherwise if you get assured this will not happen you will be free to do whatever you like.

Faggot deities in the middle east such as Yahweh/Allah threaten punishment after death in (hell), or 72 revirginating virgins, so stupid, low information, low IQ inbred pigs will waste their life on Earth fearing death. Very effective gimmick though as we observe world events unfold. Being ugly and getting no sex except through rape and arranged marriages is apparently not fulfilling for humans.

2- bad or wrong religion cause bad and wrong actions.

All religion based on fake, phony, fraud deities like Yahweh/Allah are evil and bad.

Please be specific.

There is only one God. He incarnated as Jesus Christ. Details are in the Bible.

So when you say 'God', you refer exclusively to The God of Abraham, as defined in The Torah, The New Testament and The Koran?

Good to know... Thanks! :thup:

In the humble opinion of this average Monkey, tolerance of each others beliefs and life-styles is the DEFINITION of loving one another.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/348859-monkeys-hate-being-wrong.html#post8903918

Tolerance is not love. The command by God shows how to love.

Please go on... define 'love' in the context of your thesis.

What are some of the actions one can take to comply with the comandment from your God to "love your neighbor like you love yourself"?

Forum List

Back