why is religion important?

facts are outside us not inside us.

Indeed, but facts are then interpreted by us, assuming our 5 senses can perceive the facts.

We are very limited in terms of perception. Our 5 senses only pick up a small degree of the electromagnetic spectrum and our ears can only pick up certain sounds. And when we do perceive them, they sometimes come in the form of an illusion.

Then assuming we perceive these things correctly, there is the obstacle of our bias in terms of how we assign those things meaning and how they correlate to our reality. For example, let's say for the sake of argument that Israel serves a good purpose for God. If that was indeed the case, you would never accept it.

say for the sake of argument that Israel serves a good purpose for God.

i don't fully understand the meaning of this sentence.

any way, we believe moses was the messenger of god, those who followed him and did what god ordered them were correct believer in that era. but afterwards their next generations refused to follow christ and the messenger mohamed (peace be upon them). so they became un-believers.

we have no ethnic bias against jewish it is not about : what is their ethnic group? but it is about what they do.

we support jews against the (egyptian pharoah) and support them against the palestine's residents in the era of moses this is because they were obey to god in this time.

but now of course we don't support them because they disobey god.

any way, we believe moses was the messenger of god, those who followed him and did what god ordered them were correct believer in that era. but afterwards their next generations refused to follow christ

Weird as this seems...that ^^^ makes sense.

What would Islam add to my life?
I couldn't know Allah in this life.
I can know Jesus.

God sent many messengers moses, christ and mohamed (peace upon them) and many others.

we believe all the messengers, but it is important to recognize that each messenger was sent to a specific place or a specific group of people for some era.

islam is the last message of god, it tells you what god wants from you. god stated that islam is the only way he accepts beginning from the time messenger mohamed (peace be upon him) was sent.

I can know Jesus.

God sent many messengers moses, christ and mohamed (peace upon them) and many others.

we believe all the messengers, but it is important to recognize that each messenger was sent to a specific place or a specific group of people for some era.

islam is the last message of god, it tells you what god wants from you. god stated that islam is the only way he accepts beginning from the time messenger mohamed (peace be upon him) was sent.

The last message from God?

Did it take a few attempts to get it right?

say for the sake of argument that Israel serves a good purpose for God.

i don't fully understand the meaning of this sentence.

any way, we believe moses was the messenger of god, those who followed him and did what god ordered them were correct believer in that era. but afterwards their next generations refused to follow christ and the messenger mohamed (peace be upon them). so they became un-believers.

we have no ethnic bias against jewish it is not about : what is their ethnic group? but it is about what they do.

we support jews against the (egyptian pharoah) and support them against the palestine's residents in the era of moses this is because they were obey to god in this time.

but now of course we don't support them because they disobey god.
Put another way, could the Zionist nation be apart of God's master plan? If destroying it would run counter to his plan, could you oppose destroying it?

god sent messengers repeatedly to remind and inform people of the correct beliefs and what god wants from them. people were always forget or modify these messages after some time. so god was sending a messenger every time the whole people go the wrong way.

islam is the last message, the quran is saved and it is in its original form. muslims became responsible to inform and warn other people of what god wants from them.

could the Zionist nation be apart of God's master plan?

what is the meaning of 'god's master plan'?

if you mean they were obey the correct beliefs and do the correct actions and were supported by God.

i will assume this was true, the first thing i will do is to ask them for a proof or enough evidence so that i become certain they are really correct and supported by god.
if there were such proof and evidence, i would support them.

It would seem nothing has brought more war, suffering, and divisiveness than most of the world's major religions.

You keep saying this, but it's not true. God is not silent. He has not ceased to speak to the world. He has not ceased to call repentance to this people or ceased the work of Redemption. He still calls men and speaks from heaven and gives them authority to speak and act in His power.

god sent messengers repeatedly to remind and inform people of the correct beliefs and what god wants from them. people were always forget or modify these messages after some time. so god was sending a messenger every time the whole people go the wrong way.

islam is the last message, the quran is saved and it is in its original form. muslims became responsible to inform and warn other people of what god wants from them.

So in other words, God somehow changed how He deals with men after Mohammad.

I don't believe God has changed how he interacts with people.

"Why is reliigon important?"

"It gives intellectuals a way of earning a living without physically exerting ourselves." :)

Then you've missed the point of religion completely. Because taking care of the widow and the fatherless, and keeping yourself unspotted from the world takes alot of exerting.

"It gives intellectuals a way of earning a living without physically exerting ourselves." :)

Then you've missed the point of religion completely. Because taking care of the widow and the fatherless, and keeping yourself unspotted from the world takes alot of exerting.

Should try laughing sometime. Maybe you wouldn't be such a sourpuss then.

Should try laughing sometime. Maybe you wouldn't be such a sourpuss then.

I laugh when things are funny.

I can know Jesus.

How is it that you claim you can know Jesus but you feel you cannot know God/ Allah/ YHWH?

Google "Allah is unknowable" and the consensus is that you can't know Him and I believe that is from the Koran.

Among the religions of God/ Allah/ YHWH, there are a myriad of perspectives regarding the Nature of God and of to what extent one can interact with God. Various religions of YHWH have their own spiritual laws, commandments, and rituals that help them worship God in a way that they feel best suits their culture, and the Nature of their people.

Sometimes the religions contradict each other, but that is only because humans' attempt at truly understanding God is imperfect, and always will be.

If one does not feel comfortable with Christianity, they can find another road to God in Islam, Judaism, etc. Some might even find a road to God through Paganism or some other religion that is not generally perceived as being "compatible" with the worship of YHWH.

In the rarest of cases, one may create their own religious system and forge their own path to God. This makes one immune to the tactics of those who seek to exploit other humans' belief in God to control, manipulate, and enslave them.

There are many roads to YHWH. No religion is the "true religion". No religion has all the answers, and no Holy Book will tell you everything there is to learn about God. Because no matter what you believe regarding our connection to God... God IS "unknowable."

When I pray to God, and align myself with what I percieve to be God's Will, and listen to what I perceive to be YHWH communicating to me, that is not "knowing God". I do not know what God looks like, or the extent of God's powers, or what God's intentions were in all that God has done. In fact, no matter how strong your faith is, you cannot truly "know" that God (or Jesus for that matter) even exists outside of your own heart and mind.

That is why it is called "faith". Think about that.

All in all, that which has been said here merely reflects my own beliefs. Consider what I have written whether you believe me to be crazy or wise.

Forum List

Back