Why is the climate change agenda a failure? How many jobs has this agenda cost us

JRK

Feb 27, 2011
This Administration, like no other in recent years, has abused the regulatory process. Last year, the Obama Administration finalized 3,573 new rules—the costs of these new regulations amounted to $1.75 trillion—nearly 12% of GDP.

And it is only getting worse in 2011. In just two months during the summer of 2011, the Obama Administration proposed 1225 regulations at a cost of $17.7 billion. And these aren’t minor inconveniences we are talking about either. President Obama’s regulatory agenda for 2011 contains 219 proposed rules that have an economic cost of over $1 billion each.

The constant flow of rules from Pennsylvania Avenue is causing gridlock on Main Street’s attempts to get our economy moving again.

A good example is the EPA’s very expensive and strict regulations to cover industrial and commercial boilers issued this past March. These rules hit the timber industry hard, an industry that is a substantial part of southern Arkansas’s economy. The American and Forest Paper Association released a study this week shows these rules could cost 20,500 jobs or 18 percent of the pulp and paper industry’s workforce. They also put 36 mills in risk of closure. In some cases, these are often the best jobs in town.

Regulatory Reform - Issues - John Boozman, United States Senator for Arkansas

List of scientists opposing the mainstream scientific assessment of global warming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Common sense dictates that we absolutely effect this worlds environment. One would be a fool to think otherwise
But that foolishness goes hand in hand with just how we do effect it and what does destroying the private sector and costing 1000s of jobs do good or bad?

If your life depends on that job, I can tell you it is not good as in the south, we are the ones who have been harmed the worst
How much is BHO recession due to this war on the working class person whose job was terminated due to this agenda?

We should never use ones life's work as an agenda to push a cause that we have so little understanding of

As a person that has lived in the Pacific Northwest for the whole of my life, I can tell you we well understand that harm that pulp and paper mills that are unregulated do to the environment, and the people that live near them.

That you have little understanding of the chemicals involved and their effect on the environment speaks only of your ignorance, says nothing of the dangers of those chemicals.

Another point, your ridicoulous number, 1.75 trillion dollar. Link to a credible source. Otherwise, that is just flapyap.

As a person that has lived in the Pacific Northwest for the whole of my life, I can tell you we well understand that harm that pulp and paper mills that are unregulated do to the environment, and the people that live near them.

That you have little understanding of the chemicals involved and their effect on the environment speaks only of your ignorance, says nothing of the dangers of those chemicals.

Another point, your ridicoulous number, 1.75 trillion dollar. Link to a credible source. Otherwise, that is just flapyap.

If you feel that way, what is your solution?
what do we do for timber?
Paper?
The jobs this agenda had cost us, what do we do to replace them?

GM got 80 billion (UAW)
what about those people getting a pink slip to promote an agenda that is un proven as to the harm it does to the environment?
Brother I live in the forest capital of the SE and yes paper mills are nasty

That highly regulated industry needed cleaning up, not the total destruction you want
It has made a big difference at my home, more good than bad with wildlife and fisheries more abundant that at anytime in my life
Jobs that pay a moderate wage with health care
being part of the solution, not the problem

non of those chemicals I fair to wager had anything to do with the hoax of global warming

ust how much money are federal regulations costing our economy? The answer appears to be quite a lot. Every year economist Clyde Wade Crews of the Competitive Enterprise Institute releases a report, entitled “The Ten Thousand Commandments” analyzing federal regulations and their costs. Crews’ analysis found that in 2010 the federal government spent around $55.4 billion dollars funding federal agencies, and enforcing existing regulation. But these costs barely compare to the compliance costs that regulation imposes on the economy. Crews’ report cites the work of economists Nicole V. Crain and W. Mark Crain, whose study of the net cost of regulations determined that in 2009 federal regulation cost businesses and consumers $1.75 trillion, or nearly 12% of America’s 2009 GDP. As a comparison, in the same year, corporate pre-tax profits for all businesses totaled about $ 1.46 trillion.
The Hidden Cost of Regulation | FreedomWorks

non of those chemicals I fair to wager had anything to do with the hoax of global warming

The mills at my home did damage years ago to the local rivers
but today that is not only turning around, it has in some cases cause the industry to shut down
I fully support the industry to do the right thing through common sense legislation

As you state, those events have nothing to do with the Climate change HOAX

but today that is not only turning around, it has in some cases cause the industry to shut down
I fully support the industry to do the right thing through common sense legislation

I live along the snake river, and am avid fly fisherman; so it ain't like i want dirty water.

I live along the snake river, and am avid fly fisherman; so it ain't like i want dirty water.

common sense regulation such as ZLDS systems
zero liquid discharge
Zero Liquid Discharge Systems, Turnkey Solution Provider, ZLDS Supplier In India
we are using them in the power industry which of course your paying for with your power bill

Forum List

Back