Why Is the White Man Such an Easy Touch?

Yes, after about 5 decades of our education system's abject failure at instilling citizenship and a common set of public values.
I graduated high school in 1958 after 13 years of public school. I wasn't a better person or citizen upon graduation. No moral or ethical lessons were ever taught during those years. The public school system is absent of moral or ethical instruction.

This fact comes to full fruition on college campuses where crime rivals and often exceeds crime in the general population.

Last edited:
I graduated high school in 1958 after 13 years of public school. I wasn't a better person or citizen upon graduation. No moral or ethical lessons were ever taught during those years. The public school system is absent of moral or ethical instruction.

This fact comes to full fruition on college campuses where crime rivals and often exceeds crime in the general population.

Wow, that early? We still had school prayer and the pledge of allegiance in high school over the loud speaker every morning, and my history and civics classes taught by a man and a woman who made William Buckley look like a commie pansy, lol. We used to try and trigger them all the time, because it would distract them and set them off on long screeds. The Sam Kinison character in that Dangerfield movie Back To School was probably based on real life, at least we thought so. lol

Last edited:
Wow, that early? We still had school prayer and the pledge of allegiance in high school over the loud speaker every morning, and my history and civics classes taught by a man and a woman who made William Buckley look like a commie pansy, lol. We used to try and trigger them all the time, because it would distract them and set them off on long screeds. The Sam Kinison character in that Dangerfield movie Back To School was probably based on real life, at least we thought so. lol

I recall saying the pledge of allegiance a few times in my early grades, but I didn't really know what it meant. Of course this was right after the war and feelings of patriotism ran high. It faded quickly though and by second or third grade we no longer recited it.

Forum List

Back