🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why is this Muslim Woman not charged with wearing and mocking the American Flag?

A Mosque is bad, but a church at the location would be fine? Only a mosque is bad. How about a church near the Oklahoma City Building, Mac? Would that also be disrespectful?

And do you know where the Mosque is located, Mac? Did you know it's like two blocks away from the former tower locations? How far away do, you know, "those people" have to stay?
I answered the question. I realize you have your deflecting & spinning to do for the PC-protected religion.

No, you didn't. How far away is no longer "disrespectful", Mac? Can we have "disrespect" zone around other places? What's the block limit? Can it apply to churches near Planned Parenthood clinics?
Let's review.

My post was a direct, thorough and specific response to someone who claimed to not know why I said that building an Islamic center near Ground Zero might be considered disrespectful.

Your post completely ignored the heart of my response, the individuals who died and the families who have suffered as a result of the attacks on 9/11.

It looks like you have your priorities, and I have mine.

You folks constantly jump in and illustrate my points for me. I point out that an specific act might be considered disrespectful, and immediately Mac is declaring war on Islam.

This is why I no longer put much effort into communicating with hardcore partisan ideologues on this board.

You blamed innocent Muslims for 9/11. That is indisputable.

A Mosque is bad, but a church at the location would be fine? Only a mosque is bad. How about a church near the Oklahoma City Building, Mac? Would that also be disrespectful?

And do you know where the Mosque is located, Mac? Did you know it's like two blocks away from the former tower locations? How far away do, you know, "those people" have to stay?
I answered the question. I realize you have your deflecting & spinning to do for the PC-protected religion.

No, you didn't. How far away is no longer "disrespectful", Mac? Can we have "disrespect" zone around other places? What's the block limit? Can it apply to churches near Planned Parenthood clinics?
Let's review.

My post was a direct, thorough and specific response to someone who claimed to not know why I said that building an Islamic center near Ground Zero might be considered disrespectful.

Your post completely ignored the heart of my response, the individuals who died and the families who have suffered as a result of the attacks on 9/11.

You folks constantly jump in and illustrate my points for me. I point out that an specific act might be considered disrespectful, and immediately Mac is declaring war on Islam.

This is why I no longer put much effort into communicating with hardcore partisan ideologues on this board.

Great, please provide a link to that.

Interesting, thanks didn't know that.
Makes me wonder if the US can go too far with free speech, to me the flag is a remembrance of our freedom and those who fought for our freedom.

Bush's Stolen Valor act (which made it a misdemeanor to falsely claim military service or awards) was ruled an unconstitutional infringement on free speech by the SCOTUS. The subsequent Stolen Valor Act of 2013 shifted the focus onto receiving money or other gifts of material value, which constitutes fraud.

I don't think that he can go "too far" with free speech. Honestly, I think that's a somewhat dangerous premise to adopt. Would you prefer that we err on the side of government restricting speech? Whatever your feelings about the symbolism of patriotic images, and how you feel they should be displayed, don't you think you're complaining about first world problems?

Let's review.

When you said it would be disrespectful to build a mosque near ground zero.

Let's review.

That's it? That's the best you can do?

You are a compulsive liar.

Let's review.

All die hard lefties are. Those of us who have worked in the world of addiction treatment call it many things, but it's basic dishonesty and generally called criminal thinking/thought patterns.

Let's review.

All die hard lefties are. Those of us who have worked in the world of addiction treatment call it many things, but it's basic dishonesty and generally called criminal thinking/thought patterns.
I don't know how to deal with people like this, I really don't.

They'll say anything, they'll make shit up about anything.

It's always a fascinating amateur psychological/sociological/anthropological study, but it can get a little frustrating.

I don't know how to deal with people like this, I really don't.

They'll say anything, they'll make shit up about anything.

It's always a fascinating amateur psychological/sociological/anthropological study, but it can get a little frustrating.
Ignore for the most part. You'll be amazed at how the discussion moves along when their stupidity is excluded. As on the board in life....nuts should be locked away and prevented from interfering with decent people.

Criminals and the mentally ill do lie about everything. Even after they realize they suffer for it. They don't care, it's all they know. That's what makes them sick. They substitute a miserable, predatory existence for a meaningful life, and they expect everybody else to accommodate and join them. They're malicious, narcissistic, and patently stupid. Welcome to the world of the insane.

First amendment?

Very disrespectful.
  • The flag should not be used as "wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery", or for covering a speaker's desk, draping a platform, or for any decoration in general (exception for coffins). Bunting of blue, white and red stripes is available for these purposes. The blue stripe of the bunting should be on the top.[7]

Yes it is disrespectful, but I highly doubt she meant to be disrespectful by wearing it.

Let's review.

Are you denying you said it?

Are you denying that you have to attach some sort of guilt to innocent Muslims if you believe that they have to act differently around ground zero?

You didn't object to a Catholic church being built near ground zero when I asked?

Why not? Why are Catholics who had nothing to do with 9/11 any different than Muslims who had nothing to do with 9/11?

Let me help you with your answer - because you hold innocent Muslims accountable,

for some reason, and to some degree.

I find it incredible that the liberal media scares republicans so much that they won't even make the connection between Hillary and her husband's serial sexual abuse. Remember when former warrior John McCain was afraid to even mention Obama's middle name while the liberal media was tearing Sara Palin's family apart? How long is the double standard going to last?

Trump has no fear

Let's review.

Are you denying that you have to attach some sort of guilt to innocent Muslims if you believe that they have to act differently around ground zero?

You didn't object to a Catholic church being built near ground zero when I asked?

Why not? Why are Catholics who had nothing to do with 9/11 any different than Muslims who had nothing to do with 9/11?

Let me help you with your answer - because you hold innocent Muslims accountable,

All Anericans were blamed for the bombing in Iraq. Look at the people over there celebrating and burning our flag targeted at all Americans. 9/11 So we aren't suppose to be angry?

Makes me wonder if the US can go too far with free speech, to me the flag is a remembrance of our freedom and those who fought for our freedom.

Bush's Stolen Valor act (which made it a misdemeanor to falsely claim military service or awards) was ruled an unconstitutional infringement on free speech by the SCOTUS. The subsequent Stolen Valor Act of 2013 shifted the focus onto receiving money or other gifts of material value, which constitutes fraud.

I don't think that he can go "too far" with free speech. Honestly, I think that's a somewhat dangerous premise to adopt. Would you prefer that we err on the side of government restricting speech? Whatever your feelings about the symbolism of patriotic images, and how you feel they should be displayed, don't you think you're complaining about first world problems?
Will answer this later today. I need to do a few searches.

She didn't commit any crime. If individuals want to make their displeasure known they can and should.

The woman has already apologized. She's not an American. She has no particular feelings about respecting the flag.
You should have read the article -
a 2014 In column for The Guardian, Ahmed described her political transformation: “I became Republican because I felt that my Islamic values -- pro-life, pro-traditional family, pro-business, pro-trade -- aligned best with the Republican party platform. I identified as a Democrat for several years when I was younger, but found it hard to defend liberal values as they were so often in conflict with my deeply-held beliefs.”

In order to calm the people threatened by a piece of cloth worn by a Republican and therefore "disrespectful," the answer is obvious: Ban all Republicans.

She didn't commit any crime. If individuals want to make their displeasure known they can and should.

The woman has already apologized. She's not an American. She has no particular feelings about respecting the flag.
You should have read the article -
a 2014 In column for The Guardian, Ahmed described her political transformation: “I became Republican because I felt that my Islamic values -- pro-life, pro-traditional family, pro-business, pro-trade -- aligned best with the Republican party platform. I identified as a Democrat for several years when I was younger, but found it hard to defend liberal values as they were so often in conflict with my deeply-held beliefs.”
I see this woman ultimately deserting Islam. The whole hijab thing shows she is seeking attention and that is a huge no no for Muslim women. I personally think she's conflicted.

You mean Christian women, don't you?

1 Timothy 2:12

But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

1 Corinthians 14:34

Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

Let's review.

Of course I deny saying it. YOU make assumptions, YOU are drawing lines that aren't there, YOU make inferences, YOU put words in my mouth constantly.

This shit you constantly claim I say is something YOU are coming up with, and I'm not even sure you realize it.

"If you say this, you must also be saying that". Wrong.

If you want to know my specific opinion on something, ask a specific question.

Otherwise, play this bullshit game with someone else. This is beyond tedious.

Last edited:

Free Speech with boundaries :biggrin: , Military items flags and monuments I feel should be protected against being vandalized.
I needed to come home and search online because I remember seeing someone arrested for wearing military clothing. Anyway , didn't know how much things have changed. Thanks

valor1.jpg

Freemane Brown has been charged with unlawful use of uniforms, medals, or insignia. (Photo: Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office)

Free Speech with boundaries :biggrin: , Military items flags and monuments I feel should be protected against being vandalized.
I needed to come home and search online because I remember seeing someone arrested for wearing military clothing. Anyway , didn't know how much things have changed. Thanks

valor1.jpg

Freemane Brown has been charged with unlawful use of uniforms, medals, or insignia. (Photo: Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office)

If a US Navy SEAL saw this idiot with a Budweiser (the Eagle and Trident insignia), and found out he wasn't a SEAL, it would be ripped off of his chest, followed by a severe ass whupping.

Matter of fact, I remember one time here in Amarillo that I saw some skinny dude in a bar, wearing Navy cammo, and he had a Budweiser on his uniform. I asked him politely if he was a SEAL (was on active duty at that time, running the MEPS here in Amarillo), and he said no, but it was a great icebreaker for picking up women.

Now, I've actually been stationed with SEALs, and like and respect them a lot, as well as know how much they value that insignia. I then told the dude he had 2 choices, either take off the uniform top, or I would help him out with getting rid of it by beating his ass. I was wearing my flight jacket at the time, so he knew I was active Navy.

He left right afterwards. Pisses me off when people try to claim something they didn't earn, especially when it takes the kind of effort that is required to earn the Budweiser. Out of 1,000 applicants, only about 100 are accepted, and of those 100, only about 20 make it. I was a Personnelman and knew the requirements and procedures to apply, because there were people in the various commands that applied, and I was the one who had to prepare the paperwork.

Forum List

Back