🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why is this Muslim Woman not charged with wearing and mocking the American Flag?

Muslim terrorist apologists and their liberal water carriers are always telling US that our actions are the fault of Muslim terrorist acts.... They say we incite them. Looks lovely me this woman is trying to do the same.... Incite.

Muslim terrorist apologists and their liberal water carriers are always telling US that our actions are the fault of Muslim terrorist acts.... They say we incite them. Looks lovely me this woman is trying to do the same.... Incite.

She certainly got the fools who can't tell a flag from a scarf all hysterical.

It is hard to keep up with today's RW issue to be outraged about. I gave up trying to remember them all, so I am putting it down in writing. BTW, is the RW still outraged over the fine to the wedding cake people? I read that they just paid the $135,000. As you can see, I have a lot of catching up to do.

Interesting, thanks didn't know that.
Makes me wonder if the US can go too far with free speech, to me the flag is a remembrance of our freedom and those who fought for our freedom.

Bush's Stolen Valor act (which made it a misdemeanor to falsely claim military service or awards) was ruled an unconstitutional infringement on free speech by the SCOTUS. The subsequent Stolen Valor Act of 2013 shifted the focus onto receiving money or other gifts of material value, which constitutes fraud.

I don't think that he can go "too far" with free speech. Honestly, I think that's a somewhat dangerous premise to adopt. Would you prefer that we err on the side of government restricting speech? Whatever your feelings about the symbolism of patriotic images, and how you feel they should be displayed, don't you think you're complaining about first world problems?

Free Speech with boundaries :biggrin: , Military items flags and monuments I feel should be protected against being vandalized.
I needed to come home and search online because I remember seeing someone arrested for wearing military clothing. Anyway , didn't know how much things have changed. Thanks

valor1.jpg

Freemane Brown has been charged with unlawful use of uniforms, medals, or insignia. (Photo: Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office)

It appears that Brown was charged under a state law for unlawful use of uniforms, medals, or insignia. The title of the statute is slightly misleading, as the use of such uniforms is not prohibited generally, but is unlawful when attempting to solicit money. This would appear to be comparable to the federal stolen valor statute in that it is a form of fraud outside of the scope of free speech.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree in regards to any laws against "vandalizing" the flag, military uniforms, etc. Not that I think it's okay to do so. But it's not something the government should criminalize.

Forum List

Back