Why Isn't 20,000 Border Patrol Agents Enough

No one is under the impression that the wall is the end all for illegal migration.
But, it is part of the solution, a wall and electronics is a formidable blend to reduce illegal immigration to a trickle. It would make life a lot more manageable for the border patrol.
Building a wall was Trump's answer to ending illegal immigrated. You're probably correct, no one really believes it will stop illegal immigration now. In fact, almost everyday Trump back-peddles. The big beautiful concrete wall across our southern border has shrunk to a reinforced slatted fence, to span a thousand miles, then 700 miles, now just over 200 miles.

Pelosi has resurrected the technology wall which was part of the Obama immigration reform which never got through congress.
You misrepresented or just didn't understand what I posted.
People who work the border say the wall does work. I will always go with the people with their boots on the ground, than those
who reside in Washington DC.
Pelosi's electronic fence doesn't stop anything. All it does is alert of a breach at the border. It doesn't stop illegals, or even slow them down.
If it takes 20 min. for the border patrol to get to the area of the breach, the illegals are long gone.
This isn't rocket science and it doesn't have to be, just some common sense will suffice.
With 20,000 border patrol and 15,000 new ones, there no reason why you can't have have a patrols 5-10 minutes apart for the entire length of the border, 24 hours a day if needed.
You've done the math on that, have you? Or, is it a guess, Flopper?
Again, I go back to what the professionals.....the ones with the boots on the ground say.
Seems you go by what Pelosi says.
Asking someone who is responsible for protecting the border if they want a border wall is like asking the farmer who is protecting the chicken coop if he would like to have a better fence. The answer is always going to be yes.

Border barriers are just one of many ways of reducing illegal immigration.
They are the best way. The farmer wants a fence because he knows they work to keep out Foxs and other predators.

No one is under the impression that the wall is the end all for illegal migration.
But, it is part of the solution, a wall and electronics is a formidable blend to reduce illegal immigration to a trickle. It would make life a lot more manageable for the border patrol.
Building a wall was Trump's answer to ending illegal immigrated. You're probably correct, no one really believes it will stop illegal immigration now. In fact, almost everyday Trump back-peddles. The big beautiful concrete wall across our southern border has shrunk to a reinforced slatted fence, to span a thousand miles, then 700 miles, now just over 200 miles.

Pelosi has resurrected the technology wall which was part of the Obama immigration reform which never got through congress.
People who work the border say the wall does work. I will always go with the people with their boots on the ground, than those
Pelosi's electronic fence doesn't stop anything. All it does is alert of a breach at the border. It doesn't stop illegals, or even slow them down.
If it takes 20 min. for the border patrol to get to the area of the breach, the illegals are long gone.
This isn't rocket science and it doesn't have to be, just some common sense will suffice.
It is not prison walls that keep inmates inside, it's the people that guard them.

Bullshit!

A federal minimum security prison I once toured has only a handful of guards for the hundreds of inmates. The concertina wire, double fencing, automated gates, and electronic surveillance is what keeps them inside.
Prisoners in minimum security facilities generally have little interest in escaping. If they did they wouldn't be there.

Trump wants 15,000 more agents on the southern border. The border is 2,000 miles. That means there would be 18 agents for ever mile of border or an agent for every 290 feet. This seems like a big overkill when you consider the difficulty in crossing large portions of the border and the technology we have available today to detect and track intruders.
18 BPAs per mile ... Working 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year ... Catching and releasing illegals into the US...

Brilliant....you've thought of everything. Nice job.

:p
I assumed you would be smart enough to do the math. Let me help you. Divide by 3 to adjust for shifts and multiply by 5/7 to adjust for 5 day work week. That gives you a figure of 4.2 agents per mile or an agent every 1250 feet of border.

You could adjust for 2 agents in a vehicle, however if you had an agent posted ever 1250 feet, that might not be necessary.

What I was trying to show you is that most of the border patrol does not actually guard the border. They patrol roads, towns and communities as much as a hundred miles from the border. They investigate reports of illegals seen crossing farm land and ranches. They operate checkpoints on highways looking for drugs and other contraband. They assist local law enforcement. Suppose they, just guarded the border?

Last edited:

It is not prison walls that keep inmates inside, it's the people that guard them.

Bullshit!

A federal minimum security prison I once toured has only a handful of guards for the hundreds of inmates. The concertina wire, double fencing, automated gates, and electronic surveillance is what keeps them inside.
Prisoners in minimum security facilities generally have little interest in escaping. If they did they wouldn't be there.

Yeah, that's why they escape. What fantasy world do you live in? Almost every post you make is easily refuted by anyone with an IQ above room temperature!

Trump wants 15,000 more agents on the southern border. The border is 2,000 miles. That means there would be 18 agents for ever mile of border or an agent for every 290 feet. This seems like a big overkill when you consider the difficulty in crossing large portions of the border and the technology we have available today to detect and track intruders.
18 BPAs per mile ... Working 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year ... Catching and releasing illegals into the US...

I assumed you would be smart enough to do the math. Let me help you. Divide by 3 to adjust for shifts and multiply by 5/7 to adjust for 5 day work week. That gives you a figure of 4.2 agents per mile or an agent every 1250 feet of border.

You could adjust for 2 agents in a vehicle, however if you had an agent posted ever 1250 feet, that might not be necessary.

What I was trying to show you is that most of the border patrol does not actually guard the border. They patrol roads, towns and communities as much as a hundred miles from the border. They investigate reports of illegals seen crossing farm land and ranches. They operate checkpoints on highways looking for drugs and other contraband. They assist local law enforcement. Suppose they, just guarded the border?

Incredible!

What is that agent supposed to do for an 8 hour shift in the middle of the desert in August without a vehicle? Take pictures of the people crossing the border with their cell phone?

I cannot believe that you have no grasp of how absolutely stupid you come across!

Incredible!

What is that agent supposed to do for an 8 hour shift in the middle of the desert in August without a vehicle? Take pictures of the people crossing the border with their cell phone?

I cannot believe that you have no grasp of how absolutely stupid you come across!
If an agent on foot was 1/4 mile from someone trying to cross the border, he would never catch that person.

Incredible!

If an agent on foot was 1/4 mile from someone trying to cross the border, he would never catch that person.

Exactly!

Republicans SHOULD hate this. It expands government and creates 15,000 more pensions.

Republicans SHOULD hate this. It expands government and creates 15,000 more pensions.
It vastly reduces the number of welfare ticks sucking on the government tit.

Incredible!

I didn't say the agent didn't have a vehicle. I said it might not be necessary to have 2 agents in a vehicle.

because it isn't what the border patrol asked for. see they are the exports and they want a wall. why do you call them out on how they do their jobs? you know better than them do you? :auiqs.jpg:how many hours do you have invested on the border patrol? :auiqs.jpg:

Certainly not. Those bringing across illegal drugs en masse, bringing in thousands of people in human trafficking and thousands looking for a better life at our expense, will be drastically slowed, saving our country billions of dollars.

Thanks, Synthaholic!

Call it defense and they'll love it.

I didn't say the agent didn't have a vehicle. I said it might not be necessary to have 2 agents in a vehicle.

Would you approach several people, with drugs on their backs or driving a 4 wd vehicle in an open desert?

because it isn't what the border patrol asked for. see they are the exports and they want a wall. why do you call them out on how they do their jobs? you know better than them do you? :auiqs.jpg:how many hours do you have invested on the border patrol? :auiqs.jpg:
It's what Trump ordered

It's what Trump ordered
he listened to homeland security and obammy's ex -chief. you should actually read up on what's what. you're lost.

1. People who work the border say the wall does work. I will always go with the people with their boots on the ground, than those
2. Pelosi's electronic fence doesn't stop anything. All it does is alert of a breach at the border. It doesn't stop illegals, or even slow them down.

1. We have that now. That’s is why they apprehended over 300,000 last year.

2. That is not true. Southern border is dotted with 100,000 thousands of ground sensors as far as you can walk in a day. Your 20 minutes is a total hog wash.
Even Rudy Giuliani wants a virtual wall.

1. People who work the border say the wall does work. I will always go with the people with their boots on the ground, than those
2. Pelosi's electronic fence doesn't stop anything. All it does is alert of a breach at the border. It doesn't stop illegals, or even slow them down.

1. We have that now. That’s is why they apprehended over 300,000 last year.

2. That is not true. Southern border is dotted with 100,000 thousands of ground sensors as far as you can walk in a day. Your 20 minutes is a total hog wash.
Even Rudy Giuliani wants a virtual wall.
when did he become border patrol. cause those folks want a physical wall. why don't you want to protect those who protect you? you have an odd way of showing gratefulness.

Would you approach several people, with drugs on their backs or driving a 4 wd vehicle in an open desert?
The scenario was an agent ever 1250 feet of border. Yes, it's a pretty silly scenario but that's how it works out if you have 35000 agents on the border. I didn't address the vehicle issue but if we can afford 35000 agents, we can certainly afford a vehicle for each agent. So then we would have an agent in each vehicle patrolling his 1250 feet of border. Of course while this is going on, hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants and tons of drugs are coming through ports of entry each year.

When I just joined this site.

I offered a real live tour at least total of 4 members at the southern border at my cost from whatever they live. At my cost one of them is Here We Go Again. But no takers.

How you and others here has a very different view how the BP do their jobs in real life. How do you think they were able to apprehended 300,000?

Here is my observation. Members like you probably don’t know anything about southern borders security till Trump got elected.
Suddenly people became an expert.
Like Meister 20 minutes or comparing prison wall or Israel’s wall.

On the side.
1. I also challenged at least 5 members for a conference live debate via conference call.
2. Visits of my company.
No takers.

Forum List

Back