Why Isn't The GOP Reaching Out To The Black & Minority Community?

And if I'm wrong on that, please list what they are doing to reach out to them...to us.

Why are they waging a war to disenfranchise us and stop us from voting?

Is that going to help them get more votes?

USMB RWers, Republicans and self-proclaimed Conservatives...this means you.

I'd really like to know.

Tea-Party folk and self-proclaimed Independents please feel free to chip in as well.

Most blacks don't want to hear the GOP message because it doesn't include handouts.
Spoken like a true Texan. :clap2:

Prove my statement wrong or shut the fuck up.
The burden of proof is on YOU! :asshole:

The proof is evident in the black voting record. ASSHOLE!!!

Look at the voting history of blacks and you tell me when it changed from the Blacks voting for Republicans vs Democrats. And keep in mind the Democratic Party didn’t welcome blacks, and it wasn’t until 1924 that blacks were even permitted to attend Democratic conventions in any official capacity.

Here's a hint, it started when the Democrats starting promising them free shit.

Coincidence? I don't think so.
That, of course, is a GOP scripted lie. It started with LBJ signing the Voting Rights Act.
You lose!

The burden of proof is on YOU! :asshole:

Look at the voting history of blacks and you tell me when it changed from the Blacks voting for Republicans vs Democrats. And keep in mind the Democratic Party didn’t welcome blacks, and it wasn’t until 1924 that blacks were even permitted to attend Democratic conventions in any official capacity.

That, of course, is a GOP scripted lie. It started with LBJ signing the Voting Rights Act.
You lose!

Actually it stated under Roosevelt and the "new deal".

You lose.

Speaking of the voting rights act of 1965, the Democrat Senate had 73% vote for it, Republicans 94% voted for it. In the U.S. House of Representatives, 82% of Republicans voted in favor, compared to 78% for the Democrats.

And you cite this as the reason for blacks voting Democrat? :cuckoo:

And if I'm wrong on that, please list what they are doing to reach out to them...to us.

Why are they waging a war to disenfranchise us and stop us from voting?

Is that going to help them get more votes?

USMB RWers, Republicans and self-proclaimed Conservatives...this means you.

I'd really like to know.

Tea-Party folk and self-proclaimed Independents please feel free to chip in as well.

Most blacks don't want to hear the GOP message because it doesn't include handouts.
Spoken like a true Texan. :clap2:

We have a habit of speaking the truth no matter who it offends.

You lose!

You lose.

Speaking of the voting rights act of 1965, the Democrat Senate had 73% vote for it, Republicans 94% voted for it. In the U.S. House of Representatives, 82% of Republicans voted in favor, compared to 78% for the Democrats.

How did Texas vote?

Come on Republicans...

How about you list some of the reasons minorities should vote for you?

Come on Republicans...

You mean minorities like working men and women, people with families who want to live and let live in a free country? Why should those minorities vote for democrats who vilify family life and working in a free country with every utterance?

You lose!

You lose.

How did Texas vote?

I have no idea.

The GOP can never turn this around unless and until they go on the offensive and stop being worried about being called racists.

Yes, on one hand they should reach out and try to get a clear message out to as many minorities as they possibly can. But the message should be the exact opposite of the Dems' message. Something like:
  1. The Democrats want you to stay isolated from the rest of the American populace to keep you angry. We want you with everyone else, and thriving. When you thrive, everyone thrives.
  2. Lowering expectations to avoid hurting your feelings hurts you, it doesn't help you. We know you don't need expectations to be lowered.
  3. We know you're as capable of success and happiness as anyone else, and that you deserve better than what you've gotten from those who want to keep you set apart.
  4. We want everyone to be treated as Americans, and not little tribes kept separated by something as trivial as the color of their skin.
What the hell does the GOP have to lose at this point? Votes? The party has been afraid to speak up and now they're pretty much in the shitter with minorities. Challenge minorities, especially blacks, shock them, they can take it. Expose the damage that has been done directly to them by identity politics and political correctness. No one has been hurt more than blacks by this. Deliver a clear and consistent message.

Don't see it happening any time soon, of course.

You are not that bright if you believe that demonizing "the other side" should be part of the message of reaching out the black and minority communities.

It adds nothing to the conversation. It just doesn't help.

Of course it does. Democrats screaming "racist" at every opportunity has been fabulously successful for them for decades now.

Oh, wait. Don't tell me. "That's different", right?

And you avoid all my points, of course. Why not, all the other lefties are too.

Last edited:

You lose!

You lose.

266 Dems voted for it to 141 Reps voted for it.
Actually, the vote was more of a North South breakdown, the South voting against and the North voting for. After the LBJ signed the bill the South turned Republican and the blacks voted Democratic.

Last edited:
Come on Republicans...

You mean minorities like working men and women, people with families who want to live and let live in a free country? Why should those minorities vote for democrats who vilify family life and working in a free country with every utterance?
You're projecting again.
Get a job!

You lose!

You lose.

266 Dems voted for it to 141 Reps voted for it.
Actually, the vote was more of a North South breakdown, the South voting against and the North voting for. After the LBJ signed the bill the South turned Republican and the blacks voted Democratic.

My statement remains correct.

There was a total of 282 Democrats in the House compared to 136 Republicans.

78% of the Democrats voted in favor, 82% of Republicans did so.

There were a total of 63 Democrats in the Senate compared to 32 Republicans.

75% of the Democrats voted in favor as did 92% of the Republicans.

Here - I'll reach out to the black community --- "Hey, ya lazy, crime committing dumbfuck. Put the crack pipe and Food Stamps down and enlist in the Army."

Here - I'll reach out to the black community --- "Hey, ya lazy, crime committing dumbfuck. Put the crack pipe and Food Stamps down and enlist in the Army."

The GOP has already tried that slogan.

And yet, they remain baffled on how to win over black voters.

The only way to win the black vote is by promising them free shit.

PERIOD.

Blacks for the most part do not want to work, they are comfortable in living on govt. cheese. It's been proven by generational welfare. If these people truly wanted to become contributing members of society, they would have done so already.

Come on Republicans...

Minorities work, they have families, they love their country

Why won't they vote Republican?

Last edited:

Free forty's. EBT cards, obama phones, free rent, govt cheese, affirmative action...its easy to win black votes...just buy them like the liberals did.

The only way to win the black vote is by promising them free shit.

PERIOD.

Blacks for the most part do not want to work, they are comfortable in living on govt. cheese. It's been proven by generational welfare. If these people truly wanted to become contributing members of society, they would have done so already.

Participation rate
Whites 63.7%
Blacks 61.4%

Employment to population rate
Whites 59.4%
Blacks 53.7%

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t02.htm

Epic fail.

Forum List

Back