Why Left Wingers cut Ties to Trump Voters

There has never been a Presidential candidate Democrat or Republican who has publicly mocked the disabled..until now.

There has never been a Presidential candidate Democrat or Republican who has slandered veterans because they were POWs..until now.

There has never been a Presidential candidate Democrat or Republican who has publicly judged women based upon their physical appearance..until now.

I could go on and on and on....

This goes WAY beyond Republican and Democrats.

This is about common decency and respect for fellow man and for the office of president.

The reason is that this is not a matter of the standard Republican versus democrat that we always see. This was the election of a vile human who has so little respect for so many different groups of people. He's a terrible person, nevermind president.

You can say what you want about Hillary and she has flaws but she never mocked the disabled, veterans, women or specific ethnic groups. This went way beyond Republican v. Democrat and anyone who is ok with someone like Trump being our leader is not someone I want to call a friend because we obviously have very different value systems and moral code.
She called a quarter of the country deplorable. She made a video asking why she wasn't 50 points ahead and condescended the entire country. Get the fuck outta here, hack boi

People that support racism, sexism and xenophobia are deplorable. That's the point.

By saying that they pretend that YOU are the one with the problem not the racist, sexist deplorables.

I know there is no getting through to them. They voted for Trump so critical thought is not in their arsenal.

There has never been a Presidential candidate Democrat or Republican who has publicly mocked the disabled..until now.

There has never been a Presidential candidate Democrat or Republican who has slandered veterans because they were POWs..until now.

There has never been a Presidential candidate Democrat or Republican who has publicly judged women based upon their physical appearance..until now.

This is about common decency and respect for fellow man and for the office of president.

And its about lefties like you being whiny little spoiled bitches, not matter how you try to justify it.

The reason is that this is not a matter of the standard Republican versus democrat that we always see. This was the election of a vile human who has so little respect for so many different groups of people. He's a terrible person, nevermind president.

You can say what you want about Hillary and she has flaws but she never mocked the disabled, veterans, women or specific ethnic groups. This went way beyond Republican v. Democrat and anyone who is ok with someone like Trump being our leader is not someone I want to call a friend because we obviously have very different value systems and moral code.
She called a quarter of the country deplorable. She made a video asking why she wasn't 50 points ahead and condescended the entire country. Get the fuck outta here, hack boi

People that support racism, sexism and xenophobia are deplorable. That's the point.

By saying that they pretend that YOU are the one with the problem not the racist, sexist deplorables.

I know there is no getting through to them. They voted for Trump so critical thought is not in their arsenal.

says the lock step lefty tard of the board.

Comical.

The problem is you call anyone who disagrees with you politically those things, and most of the time, they are not.

Wanting a set immigration policy followed, removing illegal people, and allowing legal immigration is not xenophobic.

You're right, what you outline is not.

Lumping all people in to a group because of the actions of a few is. Trump did that and that is lazy and disgusting behavior.

Your side is the king of the lumpers, as seen by your attempt to label anyone right of Mitt Romney as "alt-right" and thus a white nationalist.

My side? See, to you this is a game.

I don't have a side. Hillary Clinton SUCKS and was not what this country needed to move forward. She is the status quo which we need to change.

Donald Trump is a vile piece of trash who will set this country back. He's not a conservative. Just ran as a republican and fooled enough of you rubes to believe his sales pitch.

Comical.

Accuse when you have no response. Lame

Interesting Read.

Ten Reasons Left-Wingers Cut Trump Voters from Their Lives

The article starts off with a few examples of Overreaction to the Trump win. The wedding one is particularly childish.

Matthew Horn, a software engineer from Boulder, Colo., canceled Christmas plans with his family in Texas. Nancy Sundin, a social worker in Spokane, Wash., has called off Thanksgiving with her mother and brother. Ruth Dorancy, a software designer in Chicago, decided to move her wedding so that her fiancé’s grandmother and aunt, strong Trump supporters from Florida, could not attend.

Then the question is asked, why is this phenomenon so one-sided?

All of this raises an obvious question: Why is this phenomenon of cutting off contact with friends and relatives so one-sided? Why don’t we hear about conservatives shunning friends and relatives who supported Hillary Clinton? After all, almost every conservative considered Clinton to be ethically and morally challenged. And most believed that another four years of left-wing rule would complete what Barack Obama promised he would do in 2008 if he were elected president — fundamentally transform the United States of America. In other words, conservatives were not one whit less fearful of Clinton and the Democrats than Democrats were of Trump and Republicans. Yet virtually no conservatives cut off contact with friends, let alone parents, who supported Clinton.

Then he gives his 10 reasons. My favorite:

The Left associates human decency not so much with personal integrity as with having correct — i.e. progressive — political positions. Therefore, if you don’t hold progressive positions, you lack decency. Ask your left-wing friends if they’d rather their high-school son or daughter cheat on tests or support Trump.

Read more at: Ten Reasons Left-Wingers Cut Trump Voters from Their Lives

Dennis Prager is awesome...his show is on mid day at the same time as Rush.....I podcast Prager and listen to Rush....

It is more a question of acceptable thought and unacceptable ideals. People who have questioned their own beliefs and arrived at what they believe is the truth are always willing to explain their ideals.

On the other hand people who have never examined their beliefs are always reluctant to do so. Add to that the stigma attached to those who have different beliefs and you have your answer.

I am always willing to discuss my beliefs because I question them myself. If reality doesn't demonstrate the truth of my ideals then I am willing to adjust them.

Let's use immigration as one example. There is not one logical or reasonable argument against prohibiting unfettered access to the nation. Not one. The only thing left is stigma. Anyone who believes differently is a racist. This is demonstrated time and again in the debates. People point to crime and they are denounced as racists. People argue that such free access risks public health due to the spread of disease. Racist. People point to security concerns and the risk of terrorists entering the nation with ease. Racist. The other side will not even consider those arguments because they will never imagine being mean to brown people.

I am willing to argue my beliefs even on unpopular issues because I have considered them. I have questioned my assumptions and looked for flaws. I may end up being wrong on the issue, but I am willing to admit that is a possibility at the beginning of the debate. However calling me names or insulting my intelligence isn't a debate. That is grade school playground level behavior. In that case, no you are the poopie head.

If you have no foundation for your beliefs other than being told that is what you are supposed to believe, of course you can't debate and defend those beliefs.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Anecdotally, it's much easier for me to have a "real life" conversation with a conservative than a liberal when we disagree. The conservative is eager to get into it, the liberal gets angry and dismissive. That's how it is in my family and at least 90% of the time outside my family.

Even if I think the conservative is dead wrong on an issue, even if I think they're just spouting talking points and platitudes, at least they'll want to debate and try to convince me to see things their way. The liberal just gets emotional and pissy.

There are exceptions, of course, but not many.

It's because for some progressives (I refuse to call the current incantation "liberal") political beliefs have replaced religious beliefs, so you are not just questioning their opinions, you are questioning their dogma.
That, and their simplistic belief that there can only be one solution to a desired end, and their's is it. If you disagree with their solution to homelessness, for example, you want homelessness.

Anecdotally, it's much easier for me to have a "real life" conversation with a conservative than a liberal when we disagree. The conservative is eager to get into it, the liberal gets angry and dismissive. That's how it is in my family and at least 90% of the time outside my family.

Even if I think the conservative is dead wrong on an issue, even if I think they're just spouting talking points and platitudes, at least they'll want to debate and try to convince me to see things their way. The liberal just gets emotional and pissy.

It's because for some progressives (I refuse to call the current incantation "liberal") political beliefs have replaced religious beliefs, so you are not just questioning their opinions, you are questioning their dogma.
That, and their simplistic belief that there can only be one solution to a desired end, and their's is it. If you disagree with their solution to homelessness, for example, you want homelessness.

Pot meet Kettle. Amazing.

The problem is you call anyone who disagrees with you politically those things, and most of the time, they are not.

Wanting a set immigration policy followed, removing illegal people, and allowing legal immigration is not xenophobic.

Lumping all people in to a group because of the actions of a few is. Trump did that and that is lazy and disgusting behavior.

Your side is the king of the lumpers, as seen by your attempt to label anyone right of Mitt Romney as "alt-right" and thus a white nationalist.

I don't have a side. Hillary Clinton SUCKS and was not what this country needed to move forward. She is the status quo which we need to change.

Donald Trump is a vile piece of trash who will set this country back. He's not a conservative. Just ran as a republican and fooled enough of you rubes to believe his sales pitch.

Fine, but the point of this thread is people on the left deciding they can't even be AROUND People who voted for Trump. Try to stay focused, maybe up your Ritalin dose.

Pot meet Kettle. Amazing.
Are you the pot or the kettle?

AND you want to cook the homeless and eat them with fava beans and a nice Chianti.

Fine, but the point of this thread is people on the left deciding they can't even be AROUND People who voted for Trump. Try to stay focused, maybe up your Ritalin dose.

I gave you the reason why. I am laser focused on that topic. I haven't deviated. If you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question.

Comical.

Accuse when you have no response. Lame

If there was something to actually respond to, I would. He isn't discussing the topic of the thread, just saying TRUMP BAD UNGA BUNGA.

`

I gave you the reason why. I am laser focused on that topic. I haven't deviated. If you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question.

You gave the standard "Trump supporters are evil" progressive line, the standard "ist/ic/ism" reasons, and didn't defend it at all.

`

You gave the standard "Trump supporters are evil" progressive line, the standard "ist/ic/ism" reasons, and didn't defend it at all.

I gave multiple examples of why it's different this time. What else do you want?

Here I'll repost what I said earlier and you ignored......

You obviously do not know any liberals. I find conservatives difficult to have a good debate with. They just repeat conservative talking points that I have already read several times. They are like robots, unable to form their own opinions.

Here I'll repost what I said earlier and you ignored......

So basically anyone who voted for him should be cut off by their progressive family members?

and i noticed you used the term "publicly" a lot. Bill Clinton did a lot of the stuff Trump only talked about, but he gets a pass, and people voting for him or his wife shouldn't be shunned, right?

I didn't support Trump in the Primaries because I thought he was a joke, and I only decided to vote for him the Voting Booth when i decided to just go straight republican. However the one thing I do like about him is the exaggerations it makes you clowns spout about him. And it finally brings to the surface your dogmatic inability to even sense people have opposite views than yours.

Forum List

Back