Why Left Wingers cut Ties to Trump Voters

Anecdotally, it's much easier for me to have a "real life" conversation with a conservative than a liberal when we disagree. The conservative is eager to get into it, the liberal gets angry and dismissive. That's how it is in my family and at least 90% of the time outside my family.

Even if I think the conservative is dead wrong on an issue, even if I think they're just spouting talking points and platitudes, at least they'll want to debate and try to convince me to see things their way. The liberal just gets emotional and pissy.

There are exceptions, of course, but not many.
You obviously do not know any liberals. I find conservatives difficult to have a good debate with. They just repeat conservative talking points that I have already read several times. They are like robots, unable to form their own opinions.

LOL.

Anecdotally, it's much easier for me to have a "real life" conversation with a conservative than a liberal when we disagree. The conservative is eager to get into it, the liberal gets angry and dismissive. That's how it is in my family and at least 90% of the time outside my family.

Even if I think the conservative is dead wrong on an issue, even if I think they're just spouting talking points and platitudes, at least they'll want to debate and try to convince me to see things their way. The liberal just gets emotional and pissy.

You obviously do not know any liberals. I find conservatives difficult to have a good debate with. They just repeat conservative talking points that I have already read several times. They are like robots, unable to form their own opinions.

LOL.
Happy that I could give you a chuckle.

The reason is that this is not a matter of the standard Republican versus democrat that we always see. This was the election of a vile human who has so little respect for so many different groups of people. He's a terrible person, nevermind president.

You can say what you want about Hillary and she has flaws but she never mocked the disabled, veterans, women or specific ethnic groups. This went way beyond Republican v. Democrat and anyone who is ok with someone like Trump being our leader is not someone I want to call a friend because we obviously have very different value systems and moral code.
hiLIARy's Super Predator hubby couldn't hold a candle to him right? :doubt: RDD_1210

MWKRzzD.png

Here I'll repost what I said earlier and you ignored......

There has never been a Presidential candidate Democrat or Republican who has publicly mocked the disabled..until now.

There has never been a Presidential candidate Democrat or Republican who has slandered veterans because they were POWs..until now.

There has never been a Presidential candidate Democrat or Republican who has publicly judged women based upon their physical appearance..until now.

I could go on and on and on....

This goes WAY beyond Republican and Democrats.

This is about common decency and respect for fellow man and for the office of president.

So basically anyone who voted for him should be cut off by their progressive family members?

and i noticed you used the term "publicly" a lot. Bill Clinton did a lot of the stuff Trump only talked about, but he gets a pass, and people voting for him or his wife shouldn't be shunned, right?

I didn't support Trump in the Primaries because I thought he was a joke, and I only decided to vote for him the Voting Booth when i decided to just go straight republican. However the one thing I do like about him is the exaggerations it makes you clowns spout about him. And it finally brings to the surface your dogmatic inability to even sense people have opposite views than yours.

1) I am no fan of the Clintons. They are part of the power elite and the status quo that we need to change from

2) What exaggerations? I am talking about things Trump has said and done publicly. This way there is no arguing over interpretation. These are things he said for everyone to hear.

I'm trying to explain a mindset to you, based upon the OP. You are trying to argue with me about it for some reason. I'm not here to persuade you on anything. I'm here to explain why this time it's different than other elections.

LIBs are emotional hemophiliacs.
It's literally part of their DNA.
Had there only ever be LIBs in man's evolution we would have become extinct.
Can anyone imagine a hundred LIBs trying to decide who had to kill the fucking buffalo? Then who have to remove it's guts?
Seriously!

The reason is that this is not a matter of the standard Republican versus democrat that we always see. This was the election of a vile human who has so little respect for so many different groups of people. He's a terrible person, nevermind president.

You can say what you want about Hillary and she has flaws but she never mocked the disabled, veterans, women or specific ethnic groups. This went way beyond Republican v. Democrat and anyone who is ok with someone like Trump being our leader is not someone I want to call a friend because we obviously have very different value systems and moral code.
hiLIARy's Super Predator hubby couldn't hold a candle to him right? :doubt: RDD_1210

MWKRzzD.png

Huh? Bill wasn't running for president.

There has never been a Presidential candidate Democrat or Republican who has publicly mocked the disabled..until now.

There has never been a Presidential candidate Democrat or Republican who has slandered veterans because they were POWs..until now.

There has never been a Presidential candidate Democrat or Republican who has publicly judged women based upon their physical appearance..until now.

This is about common decency and respect for fellow man and for the office of president.

So basically anyone who voted for him should be cut off by their progressive family members?

and i noticed you used the term "publicly" a lot. Bill Clinton did a lot of the stuff Trump only talked about, but he gets a pass, and people voting for him or his wife shouldn't be shunned, right?

I didn't support Trump in the Primaries because I thought he was a joke, and I only decided to vote for him the Voting Booth when i decided to just go straight republican. However the one thing I do like about him is the exaggerations it makes you clowns spout about him. And it finally brings to the surface your dogmatic inability to even sense people have opposite views than yours.

1) I am no fan of the Clintons. They are part of the power elite and the status quo that we need to change from

2) What exaggerations? I am talking about things Trump has said and done publicly. This way there is no arguing over interpretation. These are things he said for everyone to hear.

I'm trying to explain a mindset to you, based upon the OP. You are trying to argue with me about it for some reason. I'm not here to persuade you on anything. I'm here to explain why this time it's different than other elections.
For LIBs it's always "this time it's different" bullshit.
No one gives a shit what you think.

I know many, including one of my brothers, who is pretty hardcore, and many left wing friends from my days in the media.

Just my opinion, approval not required.

So far its been all talk on Trumps parts. Yes, he's vulgar, but evidently the electorate didn't care as much about that as they cared about some form of change in the White House.

And again, Bill Clinton, he objectified women, but are you saying its OK if he did it on the sly?

MWKRzzD.png

you think he was going to just sit around and drink tea all day long? Syop being so naive

So far its been all talk on Trumps parts. Yes, he's vulgar, but evidently the electorate didn't care as much about that as they cared about some form of change in the White House.

And again, Bill Clinton, he objectified women, but are you saying its OK if he did it on the sly?
thats different somehow for RDD_1210 :rolleyes-41:

MWKRzzD.png

No, he actually WAS president....

Going back to the topic at hand, to me the points RDD goes to are just easy excuses people can use to cut ties with their non-like minded friends, it still boils down to the politics.

In 2008 you and the other Communists claimed that anyone who didn't vote for and support Obama was a racist.

This is EXACTLY what the left has done for decades. Leftism is predicated on emotions mastering reason. Hatred is the strongest emotion and the one that defines today's left.

The OP does.

No, of course it's not ok. Bill Clinton wasn't running for president though.

The OP does.

Give a shit? No.

Just wondering how you would explain it, and it pretty much boils down to "we haz butthurt, we no want turkey with stooopid relatives"

No, of course it's not ok. Bill Clinton wasn't running for president though.

If we apply the progressive guilt by association standard, it matters a ton.

Going back to the topic at hand, to me the points RDD goes to are just easy excuses people can use to cut ties with their non-like minded friends, it still boils down to the politics.

Hey I tried to explain it. Not have an argument. If you didn't what to understand why, then why bother asking?

Hey I tried to explain it. Not have an argument. If you didn't what to understand why, then why bother asking?

I understood it, but it's as usual, very weak reasoning beyond "I can't deal with opinions other than mine".

Forum List

Back