Why Liberalism Increases Poverty

Considering that I don't get govt. goodies and would never qualify as long as I have my investments and land holdings, Sowell is full of doo-doo..

This is why conservatives can't win. All they do is bitch about the imperfections of liberalism.

They have nothing to offer in its place that will make things any better.

"If any liberal reform had been as wildly successful as the 1996 welfare reforms spearheaded by then House Speaker Newt Gingrich, every schoolchild in America would have been forced to memorize the details by now."
We Can Liberate The Poor From Poverty In America, Forever - Forbes

What did the Clinton welfare reform do with the problem of losing benefits as one made more money?

there was less poverty when Republicans ran things

true story

Especially in 1929, 1930, 1931...well you get the idea...ever hear of Black Monday in 1990? S&L failures in the later 1980's? Tech bubble recession of 2002? And last but not least, The Great recession of 2008..I loved those $5 a gallon of gasoline days during Boosh!

...simply proving that you are a lying cur.
Keep trying, that's all you have to offer apparently.

"....that's all you have to offer apparently."

On the contrary, you lying cur.

What I have, and the key difference between us, is that I have a proprietary pride in veracity.

Where's your better plan? What is your plan to deal with the problem created by poor people losing their benefits when they take a job?

Top 10 Poorest States:

1. Mississippi - Republican
2. Arkansas - Republican
3. Tennessee - Republican
4. West Virginia - Republican/Democrat
5. Louisiana - Republican
6. Montana - Republican
7. South Carolina - Republican
8. Kentucky - Republican
9. Alabama - Republican
10. North Carolina - Republican

This is why conservatives can't win. All they do is bitch about the imperfections of liberalism.

They have nothing to offer in its place that will make things any better.

"If any liberal reform had been as wildly successful as the 1996 welfare reforms spearheaded by then House Speaker Newt Gingrich, every schoolchild in America would have been forced to memorize the details by now."
We Can Liberate The Poor From Poverty In America, Forever - Forbes

What did the Clinton welfare reform do with the problem of losing benefits as one made more money?

What an excellent example of the dishonesty you bring to the board.

"They have nothing to offer in its place that will make things any better."

That was your statement....and, when proof that conservative policy is better, smacked you in the face, i.e., the Gingrich Welfare Reform,....

....clearly more efficacious than Liberal policy.....

...rather than do the honorable thing and admit it.....

....you attempt to change the question.

Another lying Liberal....or is that a redundancy?

Top 10 Poorest States:

1. Mississippi - Republican
2. Arkansas - Republican
3. Tennessee - Republican
4. West Virginia - Republican/Democrat
5. Louisiana - Republican
6. Montana - Republican
7. South Carolina - Republican
8. Kentucky - Republican
9. Alabama - Republican
10. North Carolina - Republican

1. DEMOCRAT LEADERSHIP!

Detroit, MI (1st on the poverty rate list) hasn’t elected
a Republican mayor since 1961;

Buffalo, NY (2nd) hasn’t elected one since 1954;

Cincinnati, OH (3rd)… since 1984;

Cleveland, OH (4th)… since 1989;

Miami, FL (5th) has never had a Republican Mayor;

St. Louis, MO (6th)…. since 1949;

El Paso, TX (7th) has never had a Republican Mayor;

Milwaukee, WI (8th)… since 1908;

Philadelphia, PA (9th)… since 1952;

Newark, NJ (10th)… since 1907.
Top 10 Poorest Cities run by Democrats « Scattershooting

Top 10 Unhappiest States

1. West Virginia - Republican/Democrat
2. Kentucky - Republican
3. Mississippi - Republican
4. Tennessee - Republican
5. Arkansas - Republican
6. Alabama - Republican
7. Ohio - Republican/Democrat
8. Louisiana - Republican
9. Indiana - Republican
10. Oklahoma - Republican

I've lived in Ark and OK. I left. They were miserable places. N.W. Ark real estate taxes are the highest in the state right along with the cost of living..
Ok was miserable because of the religious right take over of govt. They made everything censored to their tastes..

there was less poverty when Republicans ran things

true story

Especially in 1929, 1930, 1931...well you get the idea...ever hear of Black Monday in 1990? S&L failures in the later 1980's? Tech bubble recession of 2002? And last but not least, The Great recession of 2008..I loved those $5 a gallon of gasoline days during Boosh!

Terrible!

Even worse....Franklin Roosevelt was the President, and he turned a recession into the Depression, and he extended the length of the Depression.

1. Arthur Schlesinger, Jr., liberal New Deal historian wrote in The National Experience, in 1963, “Though the policies of the Hundred Days had ended despair, they had not produce recovery…” He also wrote honestly about the devastating crash of 1937- in the midst of the “second New Deal” and Roosevelt’s second term. “The collapse in the months after September 1937 was actually more severe than it had been in the first nine months of the depression: national income fell 13 %, payrolls 35 %, durable goods production 50 %, profits 78% .

2. In 1935, the Brookings Institution (left-leaning) delivered a 900-page report on the New Deal and the National Recovery Administration, concluding that “ on the whole it retarded recovery.”
The Real Deal - Society and Culture - AEI

The right-wing should be pleased to find out that Liberals are not in charge of the global economy, so everything that they fear from Liberals is not coming true. But everyone knows that the right-wing won't let information get in the way of their rants.

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/top-1-getting-95-income-gains-washington-responsible-151332783.html
95% Of Income Gains Since 2009 Went To The Top 1%. Here's What That Really Means. - Business Insider
Some 95% of 2009-2012 Income Gains Went to Wealthiest 1% - Real Time Economics - WSJ
Obama admits 95% of income gains gone to top 1% - Sep. 15, 2013
Income inequality: Does wider gap between rich and poor threaten capitalism? - CSMonitor.com

Also, "our Lord" doesn't mean Jesus Christ. The Founders were slaveowners and Jesus condemned slavery.

10171286_304849616338771_7520657961523934862_n.jpg

Keep trying, that's all you have to offer apparently.

"....that's all you have to offer apparently."

On the contrary, you lying cur.

What I have, and the key difference between us, is that I have a proprietary pride in veracity.

Where's your better plan? What is your plan to deal with the problem created by poor people losing their benefits when they take a job?

The 1996 Welfare Reform....the one that Obama eviscerated.

"Obama kills welfare reform

Determined to destroy Bill Clinton’s signature achievement, President Obama’s administration has opened a loophole in the 1996 welfare reform legislation big enough to make the law ineffective. Its work requirement — the central feature of the legislation — has been diluted beyond recognition by the bureaucrats at the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)."
Obama kills welfare reform | TheHill

The right-wing should be pleased to find out that Liberals are not in charge of the global economy, so everything that they fear from Liberals is not coming true. But everyone knows that the right-wing won't let information get in the way of their rants.

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/top-1-getting-95-income-gains-washington-responsible-151332783.html
95% Of Income Gains Since 2009 Went To The Top 1%. Here's What That Really Means. - Business Insider
Some 95% of 2009-2012 Income Gains Went to Wealthiest 1% - Real Time Economics - WSJ
Obama admits 95% of income gains gone to top 1% - Sep. 15, 2013
Income inequality: Does wider gap between rich and poor threaten capitalism? - CSMonitor.com

Also, "our Lord" doesn't mean Jesus Christ. The Founders were slaveowners and Jesus condemned slavery.

You sure go out of your way to prove that you are a moron.

What are the economic advantages the left says make socail programs pay off to society? I know they say there is a trade off from less taxes. And the money spent helps us out. In what ways?

Forum List

Back