🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why Liberals Hate Free Speech

Pulling federal funding to universities for speech it does not agree with would be unconstitutional because there is no compelling interest and it would be a very restrictive mean even if there was a compelling interest.

Any university or college who accepts government money is bound by the same rules the government is. It cannot decide what speech it does or does not like.

So then why can the same government, under Ben Carson, pull funding for speech it doesn't agree with?

Liberal hate anything they cannot control, No matter how hard they try they cannot pass any laws in regard to putting limits on free speech.

Pulling federal funding to universities for speech it does not agree with would be unconstitutional because there is no compelling interest and it would be a very restrictive mean even if there was a compelling interest.

Any university or college who accepts government money is bound by the same rules the government is. It cannot decide what speech it does or does not like.

So then why can the same government, under Ben Carson, pull funding for speech it doesn't agree with?

What's good for the goose....

I mean if you want to play that game, we can.

So when the Constitution of the United States was being ratified which group, Federalists or Antifederalists were the liberal group?

Liberals are the power in the political realm....and they illustrate what Lord Action meant about power absolutely corrupting those who control it.

1." ...do any of you actually remember a time when liberals truly supported and believed in freedom of speech.... genuine,bona fide agreement with the principle that liberty includes allowing those with whom you disagree to have access to the marketplace of ideas, and that this marketplace itself will decide which are the best ones. You know, Voltaire's "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it," and all that?

I can't either. Probably nobody can who was not born during or before World War II,

2.... those on the Left do not believe in free speech. They simply do not accept the fundamental principle that people of all opinions ought to be able to express those opinions without being punished for it, or at least hindered to the greatest degree possible in their ability to express themselves.

3. [Thus the] editorial in Harvard's student newspaper The Crimson, in which Sandra Korn, a student columnist and "women's studies" major (who didn't see that one coming?) obligingly calls for academic totalitarianism,

"Yet the liberal obsession with 'academic freedom" seems a bit misplaced to me. .... No academic question is ever 'free' from political realities. If our university community opposes racism, sexism, and heterosexism, why should we put up with research that counters our goals simply in the name of "academic freedom"?

"Instead, I would like to propose a more rigorous standard: one of 'academic justice. When an academic community observes research promoting or justifying oppression, it should ensure that this research does not continue.

"The power to enforce academic justice comes from students, faculty, and workers organizing together to make our universities look as we want them to do. Two years ago, when former summer school instructor Subramanian Swamy published hateful commentary about Muslims in India, the Harvard community organized to ensure that he would not return to teach on campus. I consider that sort of organizing both appropriate and commendable. Perhaps it should even be applied more broadly...

There, in a nutshell, is the modern liberal attitude toward freedom of speech, and by extension freedom of thought. If research doesn't substantiate the cultural goals and priorities of today's Neo-Fascists, then we must ensure that it "does not continue." Why liberals hate freedom of speech

If speech refutes the Left's positions on any number of issues, then it has to be silenced. "Academic justice" means suppression of all those naughty things that people might say that contradict us.

As far as speech is concerned, the Left definitely prefers a command economy over the free market.

Liberals basically oppose anything that doesn't advance the class conflict.

Yeah, it was probably that damn Jefferson and his, all men are created equal thing. Add to that the liberals then insisted on a Bill of Rights with a freedom of speech article. Add to that Adams and the Conservatives trying to stop the speech thing with the Sedition Act. In any case it was the beginning of the end of America's first conservative party.

Liberal hate anything they cannot control, No matter how hard they try they cannot pass any laws in regard to putting limits on free speech.
There are many laws limiting Free Speech, for good reason, although we want as few as possible.
What's your opinion of colleges that limit free speech? Don't you think they go to far? What about free speech zones?

There are many laws limiting Free Speech, for good reason, although we want as few as possible.
What's your opinion of colleges that limit free speech? Don't you think they go to far? What about free speech zones?
I like as few limits as possible but if you sign on to work or study with the man, you follow the man's rules, period. Otherwise make your own way, and your own rules.

You probably should study constitutional law before commenting on constitutional issues because I just eviscerated your argument.

Speak for yourself.

I got an A in my Constitutional law class. What did you get? Oh wait...

Lol. Pretty low standards then.

Meaning you have never step foot onto a college campus. Actually getting an A in law school is extremely difficult since they curve to where only 10% get A or A-. But you wouldn't know that because you've never been on a campus

The most accurate meme ever:

11064798_926910770674563_4414163499424333273_n-600x453.jpg

You probably should study constitutional law before commenting on constitutional issues because I just eviscerated your argument.

Speak for yourself.

I got an A in my Constitutional law class. What did you get? Oh wait...

Lol. Pretty low standards then.

Meaning you have never step foot onto a college campus. Actually getting an A in law school is extremely difficult since they curve to where only 10% get A or A-. But you wouldn't know that because you've never been on a campus

The most accurate meme ever:

11064798_926910770674563_4414163499424333273_n-600x453.jpg
That's a winner alright...

PC has been asked time and again to explain what are the reasonable restrictions that can be placed on the First Amendment, and she can never answer. That is why she fails, completely, to understand why public schools cannot be seen as endorsing religion.

So sorry....I'm not gonna allow you to try to change the subject.

Back to the point:
On the basis of what reference in the Constitution should a student-initiated prayer be deemed unlawful?

Student led prayers are allowed, but the school cannot endorse it.

If a group of students start praying at lunch, they will not stop them. However, if as a school policy, the school requires prayer during lunch, that's unconstitutional.

Also, if the teachers aren't stopping the students from getting everyone else involved, it could be perceived as supporting an establishment of religion by the government. That's why the courts crack down on any religion in public schools because it looks like an endorsement of an establishment of religion which opens them up to a lawsuit.

As is the case with your other posts....this one is false as well.

PC has been asked time and again to explain what are the reasonable restrictions that can be placed on the First Amendment, and she can never answer. That is why she fails, completely, to understand why public schools cannot be seen as endorsing religion.

So sorry....I'm not gonna allow you to try to change the subject.

Back to the point:
On the basis of what reference in the Constitution should a student-initiated prayer be deemed unlawful?

Student led prayers are allowed, but the school cannot endorse it.

If a group of students start praying at lunch, they will not stop them. However, if as a school policy, the school requires prayer during lunch, that's unconstitutional.

Also, if the teachers aren't stopping the students from getting everyone else involved, it could be perceived as supporting an establishment of religion by the government. That's why the courts crack down on any religion in public schools because it looks like an endorsement of an establishment of religion which opens them up to a lawsuit.

As is the case with your other posts....this one is false as well.
No, he's correct.

So....what to do, when a corrupt court deems a right granted by the Constitution, unlawful?

"A group of high school football players in Tennessee have decided that they will pray anyway–no matter what the Freedom From Religious Foundation wants." http://theundergroundsite.com/index...-football-team-is-going-to-pray-anyway-14139/

8. "...take the blinders off and recognize the enemy for what they are. If they want to suppress speech, it's because they also want to suppress everything else about you that they don't like.

There are many conservatives and liberty-lovers who simply need to stop thinking of left-wingers as deluded but well-meaning people. They are not. The Left does not mean well. The Left hates freedom. It's not just that they have a "different idea" about what freedom is, but hold to the same general set of values about liberty and freedom that we do.

.... the Left has a completely alien ideology that hates the very concept of individual liberty, and therefore hates you for believing in it. Understand this, and you will go a long way towards understanding what drives those on the Left, from the most highly-placed Inner Party member in the US government all the way down to the barely-literate mouth-breather trolling the comments section on a blog.

...resist any efforts at restricting our freedom of speech and thoughteven if it means breaking so-called laws in the process. There can be no genuine law that violates the plainly worded text of our Bill of Rights ...regardless of what any court or politician says."
Why liberals hate freedom of speech

If liberals hated individual liberty, why would we be for women making their own choices when it comes to their body? Or for a person to be free to love and marry who they want without government interference?

Wanting Separation of church and State is not hating freedom, it's embracing freedom to be who we want without the threat of some Flying Spaghetti Monster disapproving.

1. "If liberals hated individual liberty, why would we be for women making their own choices when it comes to their body?"
Well...you've proven that your knowledge of biology is as empty as your knowledge of politics.

The unborn baby is not 'their body.'
It is a totally different, unique individual with it's own DNA, fingerprints, organs, etc.

2. "Wanting Separation of church and State is not hating freedom, it's embracing freedom to be who we want without the threat of some Flying Spaghetti Monster disapproving."
Can you find such a view in any of America's founding documents?
Of course you cannot.

You are a sparkling example of government school indoctrination.

Let's see how much 'constitutional law' you actually learned.

Where does the Constitution give the federal government the authority to use tax money to support universities and colleges?

Looks like you'll have to give back that 'A,' huh?

Forum List

Back