Why No Shame?

Fascists always arrest and investigate their predecessors.... they will co op big companies to join them in their political fights... and they use federal law enforcement to hunt and jail their opposition... that's what Fascist Joe is doing....
They do all that in secrecy. The trials and evidence against each of these defendants is public record.

Finally! Someone asks the right question.
Thank you.

Since this notion is fairly new (I didn’t originate the concept), I’m not convinced anyone has fleshed-out the answer, yet. But for starters:

I think we might want to consider making it a more regional office and less a centralized one. We might also need to consider limiting its jurisdiction in a way that permits OTHER (already existing) central government law enforcement agencies to assume the lead role in various investigations. We would also want for there to be institutionalized early checks and balances put into place. (In theory, I’m referring to something akin to immediate Congressional oversight — but that could take any form.) Such checks and balances could take a variety of forms and evert such notion would probably have drawbacks. But that wouldn’t be a reason not to forge ahead.

What we would be seeking to do is to make it much more difficult for guys like a Mueller or a Wray (or a Hoover) to engage in clandestine behavior (possibly at odds with our Constitutional precepts) behind some impenetrable wall of secrecy. While no man-made tinkering will likely be perfect, I believe we can — and need to — do a whole lot better.
This is interesting. There have been many calls to reform the FBI over the decades, and there is no institution (public or private) that couldn't stand improvement as times change. Can you put this in a new thread?

Fascists always arrest and investigate their predecessors.... they will co op big companies to join them in their political fights... and they use federal law enforcement to hunt and jail their opposition... that's what Fascist Joe is doing....
No, it's not.

Bill Barr did under the former 1-term president though.

How many times have you seen AG Merrick Garland in the WH? How many times did you see his predecessors Sessions and Barr?

It's been. Repeatedly. Her lifeless body was dragged to the police for them to help resuscitate her. Again, you reside in a world where everything is backwards.
That is not what the film shows. Your habit of not believing what you see makes you very very stupid.

BLM did just that repeatedly. They wanted to move resources within police departments to better handle people in crisis and to not murder a unarmed man over a $20 counterfeit bill.
Oblio, you misuse words an awful lot in your cheap rhetoric. No. BLM did not define its own term when they first started their mindless chanting about defunding the police. You know that and so do the rest of us.

And while anyone can make an argument to reallocate limited governmental “revenues,” that’s not what they chanted.
They used the word “DEfund.”

Defund had a known meaning:

defund​

verb

de·fund (ˌ)dē-ˈfənd

defunded; defunding; defunds
transitive verb
: to withdraw funding from

Similarly, the cops didn’t “murder” George Floyd over a mere $20.oo Counterfeit bill. You seem to ignore his resisting arrest and the fentanyl in his system. The cops were wrong of course to kneel on the man the way they did. But defunding an entire police department because we see a need to reshape them in how they conduct themselves is insanity.

Oblio, you misuse words an awful lot in your cheap rhetoric. No. BLM did not define its own term when they first started their mindless chanting about defunding the police. You know that and so do the rest of us.

And while anyone can make an argument to reallocate limited governmental “revenues,” that’s not what they chanted.

Similarly, the cops didn’t “murder” George Floyd over a mere $20.oo Counterfeit bill. You seem to ignore his resisting arrest and the fentanyl in his system. The cops were wrong of course to kneel on the man the way they did. But defunding an entire police department because we see a need to reshape them in how they conduct themselves is insanity.
Yeah, defund as in defund the FBI when you really mean tear it down and rebuild it with a fascist based mission.

This is interesting. There have been many calls to reform the FBI over the decades, and there is no institution (public or private) that couldn't stand improvement as times change. Can you put this in a new thread?
I think some preliminary thread can be started. Sure. But, frankly, I haven’t fleshed too much of it out, yet. I don’t know if anyone else has, either. So the thread is likely to be a bit light initially.

I think some preliminary thread can be started. Sure. But, frankly, I haven’t fleshed too much of it out, yet. I don’t know if anyone else has, either. So the thread is likely to be a bit light initially.
Thats ok. There are some interesting article with ideas from multiple perspectives.

That is not what the film shows. Your habit of not believing what you see makes you very very stupid.

It's on video, ya nut case. She was about 20 feet from the tunnel entrance where police were fighting back the crowd. That is where she collapsed and that is where another protester began giving her CPR. Unable to revive her, he dragged her lifeless body to the tunnel entrance for police to help her. Unfortunately for her, they were too busy fighting with Trump's violent mob of domestic terrorists who around that same time, dragged on of the cops out and began beating him violently.

No, it's not.

Bill Barr did under the former 1-term president though.

How many times have you seen AG Merrick Garland in the WH? How many times did you see his predecessors Sessions and Barr?
The DA is in the oval office or on zoom with the president everyday of the week except Sunday....

It's on video, ya nut case. She was about 20 feet from the tunnel entrance where police were fighting back the crowd. That is where she collapsed and that is where another protester began giving her CPR. Unable to revive her, he dragged her lifeless body to the tunnel entrance for police to help her. Unfortunately for her, they were too busy fighting with Trump's violent mob of domestic terrorists who around that same time, dragged on of the cops out and began beating him violently.

The police are pushing the crowd back. They caused the trampling of a lot of people. Got it drama queen?

A reporter from the NYT is not to be trusted with anything Trump. Find a real source. Try the documentary again and pay attention this time.

MAGA cultists are learning that their actions have consequences. This is progress.

I remember when all the internet tough guys around here were talking about taking action when they lost the election. This is what happens. Fuck around and find out.

It a

lt always amazes me when these morons try to tell you what people meant when they state something totally different. Golfing Gator did it this a.m. when a video of Lizzo clearly stating that current laws are "oppressing us." He tried to tell me that was not what she meant. SMFH.

Forum List

Back