Why Obama lost the gun debate

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
He promoted bills that would have 0 impact on the murders they wrapped this legislation around. His bills did NOTHING to prevent school shootings.

Those were the parameters that he set shortly after the shooting and he failed to meet them with his bills. He campaigned to protect children and offered a completely disconnected solution.

Also worth noting was the level of anger he displayed at his speech after loosing. All the name calling pretty much sealed the fate for any future legislation on this subject. The idiot still thinks you can insult your opposition and somehow expect them to work with you in the future.

Obama acts like an amateur and we're witnessing the results

I think Obama failed when he lost sight of his oath of office to uphold and protect the Constitution of the United States of America.

• Banned
I know the left loves to blame the NRA but the fact is parading gun violence victims around is no substitute for sound legislation.

The fact that 99.9% of the conservatives on this site and that make up the uninformed rabid base of the party were manipulated to think "they're coming for our guns" is a major driving force behind why this legislation was DOA.

Actually, getting a majority of the public to agree is called winning the debate.

• Banned
The fact that 99.9% of the conservatives on this site and that make up the uninformed rabid base of the party were manipulated to think "they're coming for our guns" is a major driving force behind why this legislation was DOA.

Wrong

Those that voted on the bill knew the facts. And as I stated the facts of this bill did NOT match the intended consequences obama put forth to begin with.

Wrong

Those that voted on the bill knew the facts. And as I stated the facts of this bill did NOT match the intended consequences obama put forth to begin with.

Actually you're wrong.

We have a bunch of politicians who only care about being reelected and know they will have to explain their record to uninformed voters who will just see that their local rep voted to "take away their guns" or however their opponent will be sure to spin it.

• Banned

Wrong

Actually you're wrong.

We have a bunch of politicians who only care about being reelected and know they will have to explain their record to uninformed voters who will just see that their local rep voted to "take away their guns" or however their opponent will be sure to spin it.

What does that have to do with my point? Obama said he wanted to protect children and then put forth a bill that didn't do it. Had he actually d9ne what he promised it would have easily passed.

Wrong

Actually you're wrong.

What does that have to do with my point? Obama said he wanted to protect children and then put forth a bill that didn't do it. Had he actually d9ne what he promised it would have easily passed.

LOL, you don't really believe that, do you????? Hahahahahah

Most timed victims of violence wouldn't be victims of violence if they could defend themselves. That's obama's mistake. The survivor's of violent attacks generally survive because they had a gun.

Actually you're wrong.

Yes, because if he had focused on the safety of children rather than guns it would have been a no brainer.

Obama failed because he is at bottom an academic-community organizer and not an executive who really knows how to lead.

Yes, because if he had focused on the safety of children rather than guns it would have been a no brainer.

LOL. Have you not been paying attention for the last 5 years? Nothing Obama/dems propose is adopted as a "no-brainer", even shit that republicans asked for in the first place.

You're not that naive, are you?

yesssss......feel our power libb .......:eek:

Wrong

Actually you're wrong.

That is true for both sides of the issue. Most of those that voted for the bill were just as concerned about keeping their jobs.

LOL. Have you not been paying attention for the last 5 years? Nothing Obama/dems propose is adopted as a "no-brainer", even shit that republicans asked for in the first place.

You're not that naive, are you?

Maybe I am. I believe a bill in good faith to protect the children would have had strong support. This bill was nothing of that nature

o-GUN-CONTROL-PSAS-MOMS-DEMAND-ACTION-570.jpg

Forum List

Back