Why Perry Can't Win

Texas does have allot of uninsured, but its rare that any sick person go's untreated for illness here.

I'd be interested to know what the governor of Texas has to do with whether or not the individual people of Texas purchase medical insurance. Last time I checked, the governor of Arizona had nothing whatsoever to do with my personal life decisions vis a vis health care and health insurance.

Unless someone would like to explain the specific manner in which the governor of Texas is personally responsible for health insurance numbers, this seems to me akin to saying, "The number of rainy days in Texas each year has gone up by 5% since Perry became governor", and expecting us to just accept that that makes him somehow responsible.

Texas does have allot of uninsured, but its rare that any sick person go's untreated for illness here.

I'd be interested to know what the governor of Texas has to do with whether or not the individual people of Texas purchase medical insurance. Last time I checked, the governor of Arizona had nothing whatsoever to do with my personal life decisions vis a vis health care and health insurance.

Unless someone would like to explain the specific manner in which the governor of Texas is personally responsible for health insurance numbers, this seems to me akin to saying, "The number of rainy days in Texas each year has gone up by 5% since Perry became governor", and expecting us to just accept that that makes him somehow responsible.

Next thing you know they'll be blaming unemployment on the governor! Jeez.. how stupid can people get.

No responsibility what ever. In some cases its better to be with out here.

Yes. Or maybe no. His google foo was weak on that one.

Don't know, man. Totally slaughtered that one... He tried to blame atheism for Rwanda, and I pointed out that nuns did the dirty deeds...

Yeah those nun. Took a break from drowning the WHIIIIIIIIIIIIcked babies and just went to machetes and AK's. Tons of history behind Rwanda and its ware fare. Na. It was weak. You just posted what supported your point of view.

"ware fare"? Are you like completely retarded?

My point about the nuns was on topic. When you go around claiming the evil you do is endorsed by God, it becomes a lot easier to do evil.

These two godly women assisted in a slaughter of other people becaue they belonged to a differen tribe. Not different from Ireland, where they've had 500 years of sectarian violence because killing people who have different religious beliefs is perfectly okay according to the bible.

Don't know, man. Totally slaughtered that one... He tried to blame atheism for Rwanda, and I pointed out that nuns did the dirty deeds...

Yeah those nun. Took a break from drowning the WHIIIIIIIIIIIIcked babies and just went to machetes and AK's. Tons of history behind Rwanda and its ware fare. Na. It was weak. You just posted what supported your point of view.

My point about the nuns was on topic. When you go around claiming the evil you do is endorsed by God, it becomes a lot easier to do evil.

These two godly women assisted in a slaughter of other people becaue they belonged to a differen tribe. Not different from Ireland, where they've had 500 years of sectarian violence because killing people who have different religious beliefs is perfectly okay according to the bible.

Yes, Yes. I cant spell, now post the part where God told them to do it you hack. Oh, I notice you are going back and spell checking your post now. Good boy.

Yes, Yes. I cant spell, now post the part where God told them to do it you hack. Oh, I notice you are going back and spell checking your post now. Good boy.

Nope, not doing that at all. I get it right 99% of the time, so I don't care that much if I'm not getting paid to do it. When I get paid, I give 100%.

(Hey, Koch Brothers, Soros... this keyboard for hire.)

And you missed the typo I did make, so you must be slipping.

I don't think God told them to do it. I don't think there is a God, telling anyone to do anything.

I think "God" is just an excuse for bad behavior. Usually conservatives are against excuses, but not here.

Nope, not doing that at all. I get it right 99% of the time, so I don't care that much if I'm not getting paid to do it. When I get paid, I give 100%.

I don't think God told them to do it. I don't think there is a God, telling anyone to do anything.

I think "God" is just an excuse for bad behavior. Usually conservatives are against excuses, but not here.

You dont get paid to do it. Most likely you work at McD's and that's why you hate God. I don give a damn about your typo. You do though. Thats why you have been correcting them in all your old post. You are the one who said God made the nuns do it not a conservative.

So you believe that people slaughtered others in Biblical times but dont believe that Gd told them, even though both things come from the same source.
How inconsistent of you.

Next thing you know they'll be blaming unemployment on the governor! Jeez.. how stupid can people get.

It's extremely stupid, if they have no proof he's the one responsible, other than the fact that he happened to be governor at the time.

Correlation doesn't prove causation. Ring any bells?

You dont get paid to do it. Most likely you work at McD's and that's why you hate God. I don give a damn about your typo. You do though. Thats why you have been correcting them in all your old post. You are the one who said God made the nuns do it not a conservative.

wow, now your paranoid and stupid. Kind of what I expect out of bible thumping nutjobs.

I don't hate God any more than I hate Santa Claus, guy.

I do despise organized religion, though. Because once you apply logic to it, it shrivels. That's what I figured out with Sister Mary Butch 40 years ago.

And the fact you can't answer the question any better than she could proves my point.

I win again.

So you believe that people slaughtered others in Biblical times but dont believe that Gd told them, even though both things come from the same source.
How inconsistent of you.

I think most of what is in the bible is myths, at least up until the book of Samuel. But myths can be instructive.

I think reading the bible tells us about the people who made God up, not about God himself. He's a figment of their imaginations.

Simply, I find it impossible to believe that a supposedly perfect God would be obsessed about people eating shrimp or what kind of sex they are having, but can't clearly tell people that slavery is wrong.

What I do think is that these were bronze age savages who didn't know what a germ was or where the sun went at night. Therefore, anything they didn't understand was "God" being angry at them.

For instance, Ehud eats some shrimp, and he has a shellfish allergy. His head proceeds to puff up and he dies. They didn't know what an allergy was, and hadn't invented epinephrine. Why, it must be God. Put that one down in the Book. God hates Shellfish.

We live in the 21st century. We don't have to read a book of old savage myths to know what's what. We are more than capable of working it out on our own. And frankly, most of you bible thumpers don't live by that book either. You don't stone your daughters for not being virgins on their wedding days, or your neighbors for working on the sabbath. You announce "Well that's the OLD TESTAMENT" like that's an excuse, even though Jesus never revoked any of those stupid laws.

How inconsistent of you.

I think most of what is in the bible is myths, at least up until the book of Samuel. But myths can be instructive.

I think reading the bible tells us about the people who made God up, not about God himself. He's a figment of their imaginations.

Simply, I find it impossible to believe that a supposedly perfect God would be obsessed about people eating shrimp or what kind of sex they are having, but can't clearly tell people that slavery is wrong.

What I do think is that these were bronze age savages who didn't know what a germ was or where the sun went at night. Therefore, anything they didn't understand was "God" being angry at them.

For instance, Ehud eats some shrimp, and he has a shellfish allergy. His head proceeds to puff up and he dies. They didn't know what an allergy was, and hadn't invented epinephrine. Why, it must be God. Put that one down in the Book. God hates Shellfish.

We live in the 21st century. We don't have to read a book of old savage myths to know what's what. We are more than capable of working it out on our own. And frankly, most of you bible thumpers don't live by that book either. You don't stone your daughters for not being virgins on their wedding days, or your neighbors for working on the sabbath. You announce "Well that's the OLD TESTAMENT" like that's an excuse, even though Jesus never revoked any of those stupid laws.

I think most of what is in the bible is myths

If there is one myth in the bible then the whole bible is a myth and there is no God. Sorry but that's just how the bible is It's not opartialy correct it's either 100 percent correct or all a fraud. That's how God works and that's how his word is. ALL OR NOTHING.

How inconsistent of you.

That's the most juvenile explanation I've heard. It is something an 11 year old would come up with.
I guess people had allergic reactions to mixing wool and linen in their garments so people assumed Gd told them not to do that either. Or people had allergic reactions to camel meat so that's why that's in there. Of course every culture surrounding the Jews ate camels too. MAybe some people are slow learners.
Or maybe your whole view of the matter is inalterably fucked and you are an ignoramus of the highest order in this matter.

How inconsistent of you.

And you belong to the party of acceptance and compassion....... right? :eusa_eh:

I think most of what is in the bible is myths

If there is one myth in the bible then the whole bible is a myth and there is no God. Sorry but that's just how the bible is It's not opartialy correct it's either 100 percent correct or all a fraud. That's how God works and that's how his word is. ALL OR NOTHING.

Not really.

God is a myth, probably. by definition, he'd have to be.

He's an ominipotent being with a 14 billion year plan for a universe, and he's really upset about who you are having sex with or whether you are eating shrimp.

Forgetting who I'm talking to for a second, does this sound logical to you?

Oh, wait, to you, it would sound logical.

How inconsistent of you.

And you belong to the party of acceptance and compassion....... right? :eusa_eh:

Naw, man, I'm a Republican... I had all my heartstrings removed on my last bypass..

That's the most juvenile explanation I've heard. It is something an 11 year old would come up with.
I guess people had allergic reactions to mixing wool and linen in their garments so people assumed Gd told them not to do that either. Or people had allergic reactions to camel meat so that's why that's in there. Of course every culture surrounding the Jews ate camels too. MAybe some people are slow learners.
Or maybe your whole view of the matter is inalterably fucked and you are an ignoramus of the highest order in this matter.

I didn't say that explained ALL the stupid, petty, controlling, ignorant, superstitious laws in the Bible.

I just said it probably explained THAT ONE.

Some of them might have had good reasons.

Some of them were religious tight-asses imposing their views on others because they can get away with it. Because that's what religious people do. That's why the founders had it right, keep that shit out of the public square.

But to get back to my point, I really can't see any divine wisdom in a God who tells you not to mix fabrics (a law I'll be you break every day, because most fabrics are mixed now) but can't come right out and say that slavery is wrong.

Forum List

Back