Why Perry Can't Win

I think most of what is in the bible is myths, at least up until the book of Samuel. But myths can be instructive.

I think reading the bible tells us about the people who made God up, not about God himself. He's a figment of their imaginations.

Simply, I find it impossible to believe that a supposedly perfect God would be obsessed about people eating shrimp or what kind of sex they are having, but can't clearly tell people that slavery is wrong.

What I do think is that these were bronze age savages who didn't know what a germ was or where the sun went at night. Therefore, anything they didn't understand was "God" being angry at them.

For instance, Ehud eats some shrimp, and he has a shellfish allergy. His head proceeds to puff up and he dies. They didn't know what an allergy was, and hadn't invented epinephrine. Why, it must be God. Put that one down in the Book. God hates Shellfish.

We live in the 21st century. We don't have to read a book of old savage myths to know what's what. We are more than capable of working it out on our own. And frankly, most of you bible thumpers don't live by that book either. You don't stone your daughters for not being virgins on their wedding days, or your neighbors for working on the sabbath. You announce "Well that's the OLD TESTAMENT" like that's an excuse, even though Jesus never revoked any of those stupid laws.

And you belong to the party of acceptance and compassion....... right? :eusa_eh:

Naw, man, I'm a Republican... I had all my heartstrings removed on my last bypass..

Well that explains a lot........

That's the most juvenile explanation I've heard. It is something an 11 year old would come up with.
I guess people had allergic reactions to mixing wool and linen in their garments so people assumed Gd told them not to do that either. Or people had allergic reactions to camel meat so that's why that's in there. Of course every culture surrounding the Jews ate camels too. MAybe some people are slow learners.
Or maybe your whole view of the matter is inalterably fucked and you are an ignoramus of the highest order in this matter.

I didn't say that explained ALL the stupid, petty, controlling, ignorant, superstitious laws in the Bible.

I just said it probably explained THAT ONE.

Some of them might have had good reasons.

Some of them were religious tight-asses imposing their views on others because they can get away with it. Because that's what religious people do. That's why the founders had it right, keep that shit out of the public square.

But to get back to my point, I really can't see any divine wisdom in a God who tells you not to mix fabrics (a law I'll be you break every day, because most fabrics are mixed now) but can't come right out and say that slavery is wrong.

You are the most ignorant person I've ever heard rant on this subject, made worse by the fact you think you actually know something.
And no, I do not violate Biblical precepts.

What makes you think slavery is wrong? You realize that every civilization prior to our own practiced slavery, right?

You are the most ignorant person I've ever heard rant on this subject, made worse by the fact you think you actually know something.
And no, I do not violate Biblical precepts.?

So you are going to go out and stone your neighbor who worked yesterday? Maybe kill the newlywed who wasn't a virgin on her wedding night? There's a whole lot of evil, stupid stuff in the bible that you ignore every day.

(Unfortunately, you seem to ignore the good stuff, too, so I guess it balances out...Like loving your neighbor, treating people the way you'd want to be treated, judge not lest ye be judged...)

?
What makes you think slavery is wrong? You realize that every civilization prior to our own practiced slavery, right?

And he's going totally into crash and burn mode like Dale Earnhardt Sr..

(Little NASCAR humor there.)

Of course, one human being owning another is wrong. I mean, seriously, if you are going to piss up that rope, I'm not sure if it's even worthwhile talking to you.

I don't think you'd want to be owned by another person, why do you think anyone else would want to be?

And no, I do not violate Biblical precepts.?

So you are going to go out and stone your neighbor who worked yesterday? Maybe kill the newlywed who wasn't a virgin on her wedding night? There's a whole lot of evil, stupid stuff in the bible that you ignore every day.

(Unfortunately, you seem to ignore the good stuff, too, so I guess it balances out...Like loving your neighbor, treating people the way you'd want to be treated, judge not lest ye be judged...)

?

And he's going totally into crash and burn mode like Dale Earnhardt Sr..

(Little NASCAR humor there.)

Of course, one human being owning another is wrong. I mean, seriously, if you are going to piss up that rope, I'm not sure if it's even worthwhile talking to you.

I don't think you'd want to be owned by another person, why do you think anyone else would want to be?

Again, you have a simplistic surface knowledge of the Bible that you display to your detriment.

I asked how you know that slavery is wrong, since every culture but this one has seen nothing wrong with it. If you have no explanation just say "because I say it is" and leave it at that.
You're the one crashing and burning here since you have nothing but knee jerk responses you developed as an 11 year old. And it shows.

That's the most juvenile explanation I've heard. It is something an 11 year old would come up with.
I guess people had allergic reactions to mixing wool and linen in their garments so people assumed Gd told them not to do that either. Or people had allergic reactions to camel meat so that's why that's in there. Of course every culture surrounding the Jews ate camels too. MAybe some people are slow learners.
Or maybe your whole view of the matter is inalterably fucked and you are an ignoramus of the highest order in this matter.

I didn't say that explained ALL the stupid, petty, controlling, ignorant, superstitious laws in the Bible.

Some of them were religious tight-asses imposing their views on others because they can get away with it. Because that's what religious people do. That's why the founders had it right, keep that shit out of the public square.

But to get back to my point, I really can't see any divine wisdom in a God who tells you not to mix fabrics (a law I'll be you break every day, because most fabrics are mixed now) but can't come right out and say that slavery is wrong.

Monkey-see, monkey-do analogy. :eusa_eh: Splendid :clap2: :rolleyes:

Who asked you, mush-brain?

If there is one myth in the bible then the whole bible is a myth and there is no God. Sorry but that's just how the bible is It's not opartialy correct it's either 100 percent correct or all a fraud. That's how God works and that's how his word is. ALL OR NOTHING.

Not really.

God is a myth, probably. by definition, he'd have to be.

He's an ominipotent being with a 14 billion year plan for a universe, and he's really upset about who you are having sex with or whether you are eating shrimp.

Forgetting who I'm talking to for a second, does this sound logical to you?

Oh, wait, to you, it would sound logical.
Well then if God is a myth then the whole bible is a lie.
I digress your comprehension is subpar.

Again, you have a simplistic surface knowledge of the Bible that you display to your detriment.

I asked how you know that slavery is wrong, since every culture but this one has seen nothing wrong with it. If you have no explanation just say "because I say it is" and leave it at that.
You're the one crashing and burning here since you have nothing but knee jerk responses you developed as an 11 year old. And it shows.

Uh, guy, if you are seriously going to argue something like, "Slavery was okay because it was legal for a large part of human history", I'm not sure there is much I can say to you.

Lots of stuff that is now considered unacceptable existed for a long time. Racism, for instance. No sane person argues that was okay, either.

Way to miss the point. Maybe if you ask nicely, Rabbi will get out the Crayolas and draw you a picture so you can understand.

Nope, not doing that at all. I get it right 99% of the time, so I don't care that much if I'm not getting paid to do it. When I get paid, I give 100%.

(Hey, Koch Brothers, Soros... this keyboard for hire.)

And you missed the typo I did make, so you must be slipping.

I don't think God told them to do it. I don't think there is a God, telling anyone to do anything.

I think "God" is just an excuse for bad behavior. Usually conservatives are against excuses, but not here.

You dont get paid to do it. Most likely you work at McD's and that's why you hate God. I don give a damn about your typo. You do though. Thats why you have been correcting them in all your old post. You are the one who said God made the nuns do it not a conservative.

wow, now your paranoid and stupid. Kind of what I expect out of bible thumping nutjobs.

I don't hate God any more than I hate Santa Claus, guy.

I do despise organized religion, though. Because once you apply logic to it, it shrivels. That's what I figured out with Sister Mary Butch 40 years ago.

And the fact you can't answer the question any better than she could proves my point.

I win again.

All you have provided is that you hate religion, and try your best to present the image that you are some super intellectual and have failed. You are just a poor hack. You won in your own mind maybe, just like you had it all figured out when you were 11.

Nope, not doing that at all. I get it right 99% of the time, so I don't care that much if I'm not getting paid to do it. When I get paid, I give 100%.

(Hey, Koch Brothers, Soros... this keyboard for hire.)

And you missed the typo I did make, so you must be slipping.

I don't think God told them to do it. I don't think there is a God, telling anyone to do anything.

I think "God" is just an excuse for bad behavior. Usually conservatives are against excuses, but not here.

You dont get paid to do it. Most likely you work at McD's and that's why you hate God. I don give a damn about your typo. You do though. Thats why you have been correcting them in all your old post. You are the one who said God made the nuns do it not a conservative.

wow, now your paranoid and stupid. Kind of what I expect out of bible thumping nutjobs.

I don't hate God any more than I hate Santa Claus, guy.

I do despise organized religion, though. Because once you apply logic to it, it shrivels. That's what I figured out with Sister Mary Butch 40 years ago.

And the fact you can't answer the question any better than she could proves my point.

I win again.

Got a question for you. Do you rip off the characters from your past as most hacks do (expected) or is this just more proof that you are bigoted against religion ?

Sister Mary Butch Biker Nun from Hell

Tongue out I went to Catholic schools for 10 years, but managed to escape when I was 16. I started in 1961. I had Sister Mary Butch, Biker Nun from Hell (not her real name) in 8th Grade. Her M.O. was intimidation, and one April, she got mad at me for not knowing some inane answer to a question. She proceeded to pull my ears, and pull the pierced earings through one of my ears, then lied about it ! I would say she gets the Guinness Book of World Records award for worse teacher living. As an aside, I have refused to send my children to Catholic school, or set foot inside a church !

Are you Vic Dunlop from Make Me Laugh ? Do we have a celebrity here on USMB ? Your story is strikingly similar to his .

COMEDY : HE'S HAVING A PARTY : There's Nun Quite Like Vic Dunlop for Mischievous Fun - Los Angeles Times

COMEDY : HE'S HAVING A PARTY : There's Nun Quite Like Vic Dunlop for Mischievous Fun
January 31, 1991|DENNIS McLELLAN | Dennis McLellan is a staff writer for The Times Orange County Edition.

In the wide world of stand-up comedy, nobody is quite like Vic Dunlop.

Fans of TV's "Make Me Laugh" in the late '70s will recall Dunlop as one of the show's wackier resident comedians whose job it was to crack up contestants.

Last edited:

Uh, guy, if you are seriously going to argue something like, "Slavery was okay because it was legal for a large part of human history", I'm not sure there is much I can say to you.

Lots of stuff that is now considered unacceptable existed for a long time. Racism, for instance. No sane person argues that was okay, either.
He's one of the 2-3 admitted/avowed Perry supporters on USMB although Perry has yet to participate in a debate.

The more the Left attacks Perry, the more they reveal just how terrified they are of him.

And here's a good summary of why:

boedicca-albums-mo-more-boedicca-s-stuff-picture3925-ca6.png

The more the Left attacks Perry, the more they reveal just how terrified they are of him.

He will take there attacks, and give them right back twice as hard. He is very skilled at doing that. Even not going to this debate is no big deal, and in a way is good for him because it puts things on his turf. His real test will come in the general election. I said it once and will say it again, I am NO Perry fan, but if its him or Obama I will pull the lever for him.

He will take there attacks, and give them right back twice as hard. He is very skilled at doing that. Even not going to this debate is no big deal, and in a way is good for him because it puts things on his turf. His real test will come in the general election. I said it once and will say it again, I am NO Perry fan, but if its him or Obama I will pull the lever for him.

But he won't get to the general election if he doesn't get the Repub nomination. Skipping debates could lead to that result.

But he won't get to the general election if he doesn't get the Repub nomination. Skipping debates could lead to that result.

Remember the word "misunderestimate", and the fellow it was used to reference. Compared to Rick Perry, that fellow is a piker.

Forum List

Back