Why Perry Can't Win

What makes you think slavery is wrong? You realize that every civilization prior to our own practiced slavery, right?

You're being argumentative, right? You're just trying to make a point, right? I mean, you don't really believe that?

Do you?

Unfortunately, I think he does... :eek:

Can you make a convincing argument as to why slavery is bad? You maintain it's bad and that Gd is immoral for allowing it. So surely it ought to be cinch for you to explain and defend your position.

You're being argumentative, right? You're just trying to make a point, right? I mean, you don't really believe that?

Do you?

Can you make a convincing argument as to why slavery is bad? You maintain it's bad and that Gd is immoral for allowing it. So surely it ought to be cinch for you to explain and defend your position.

JoeB131 ran away. It was discovered that he stole the characters from his past out of movies. Toro most likely has a life and is with his family eating food.

Got a question for you. Do you rip off the characters from your past as most hacks do (expected) or is this just more proof that you are bigoted against religion ?

Are you Vic Dunlop from Make Me Laugh ? Do we have a celebrity here on USMB ? Your story is strikingly similar to his .

In the wide world of stand-up comedy, nobody is quite like Vic Dunlop.

Fans of TV's "Make Me Laugh" in the late '70s will recall Dunlop as one of the show's wackier resident comedians whose job it was to crack up contestants.

Guy, you are really kind of lame...

Frankly, never heard of this Dunlap guy, but calling a nun "Sister Mary Butch" is about as creative as calling a bald guy "Chrome Dome". I mean it almost kind of follows.

If you grew up Catholic, it became fairly obvious to you all the nuns were lesbians back in the day. Understandable. Catholicism is a messed up religion with a dogma created by self-hating gays. Thankfully, when it became more acceptable to be gay, all the young women who would have had their lifestyles ruined by such hateful people instead got themselves Subarus and Scented Candles, and they went on to kind of enjoy their lives.

Which is why there are few young nuns joining anymore.

Anyway, Sister Mary Bonaventure was a real person. She taught at St. Symphorosa School in Chicago during the 1960's to the 1980's.. (And by "taught", I mean, needlessly terrified children to make up for the empty space in her soul.)

But,hey, guy, I realized you made yourself look foolish, so now you are googling stuff. (Didn't you complain about "Google Foo" a while ago?)

What you don't do is ever get near answering the question.

How does a God who drowns babies ever get to be considered "Good" by any reasonable person?

All you have provided is that you hate religion, and try your best to present the image that you are some super intellectual and have failed. You are just a poor hack. You won in your own mind maybe, just like you had it all figured out when you were 11.

"provided"?

Anyway, guy, I think I've accomplished my goal. I've mad you nuttier than a shit-house rat by pointing out the hypocrisy of your faith. You wouldn't be this angry or in denial if you had a rational reason why a God who drowns babies is worthy of worship.

In fact, all you've really proven that like most religionists, you are a coward.

Terrified of death so you WANT their to be a god.
Teffified to make moral judgements, lest that baby-drowning God rejects you...

Which is really kind of sad, actually.

Again, you have a simplistic surface knowledge of the Bible that you display to your detriment.

I asked how you know that slavery is wrong, since every culture but this one has seen nothing wrong with it. If you have no explanation just say "because I say it is" and leave it at that.
You're the one crashing and burning here since you have nothing but knee jerk responses you developed as an 11 year old. And it shows.

Uh, guy, if you are seriously going to argue something like, "Slavery was okay because it was legal for a large part of human history", I'm not sure there is much I can say to you.

Lots of stuff that is now considered unacceptable existed for a long time. Racism, for instance. No sane person argues that was okay, either.
He's one of the 2-3 admitted/avowed Perry supporters on USMB although Perry has yet to participate in a debate.

Why should that make a difference?

I support Perry despite my reservations about his religious nutbaggery, and I don't need to see him get in a debate with Herman Cain to make that call.

In my world, Actions speak louder than words. What we've seen with the Community Organizer is that a guy who talks a great game can't be kept aloft on his own bullshit forever...

All you have provided is that you hate religion, and try your best to present the image that you are some super intellectual and have failed. You are just a poor hack. You won in your own mind maybe, just like you had it all figured out when you were 11.

"provided"?

Anyway, guy, I think I've accomplished my goal. I've mad you nuttier than a shit-house rat by pointing out the hypocrisy of your faith. You wouldn't be this angry or in denial if you had a rational reason why a God who drowns babies is worthy of worship.

In fact, all you've really proven that like most religionists, you are a coward.

Guy, you are a plagiarist. You stole your story from bits and pieces of movies and stage comedians. You accomplished nothing. You are a hack, so now you go back to God drowning babies. You are a fake, A hack.

Last edited:

"provided"?

Actually you haven't done any of those things outside of your own fantasies.
In truth you have shown you cannot debate and your entire view of religion reflects that of a surly 11 yr old who has been disciplined by his teacher.

"provided"?

Again with the spelling ? Hack.

Do you?

Actually, I can prove it is immoral simply by pointing out what Jesus said.

"Do onto others as they would do onto you."

Would you want someone to do to you what was regularly done to Slaves in this country. The beatings, the mutilations, the rapes? The forced labor. Being able to sell your children and you'd never see them again?

The Old South was more like Mandingo or Roots than Gone with the Wind, guy.

If you accept that Jesus set a standard of morality that we should all treat each other the way we'd want to be treated, than Slavery is immoral by Jesus' own standards.

Too bad he never got around to saying so explicitly.

"provided"?

In truth you have shown you cannot debate and your entire view of religion reflects that of a surly 11 yr old who has been disciplined by his teacher.

I've pointed out your craven cowardice, and that's good enough for me, man.

If you want to live on your knees in front of your imaginary sky friend, that's your perogative. It's a free country. To me, it's laughable..

Would you want someone to do to you what was regularly done to Slaves in this country. The beatings, the mutilations, the rapes? The forced labor. Being able to sell your children and you'd never see them again?

If you accept that Jesus set a standard of morality that we should all treat each other the way we'd want to be treated, than Slavery is immoral by Jesus' own standards.

You can prove nothing. All of the past you presented as yours is actually fiction, and the real stinker is that it is not even your fiction, but that of other peoples. Sad.

"provided"?

If you want to live on your knees in front of your imaginary sky friend, that's your perogative. It's a free country. To me, it's laughable..

And that's all you have now hack. You are plagiarist and liar. What you call me does not matter, you still stole your life story from a comedian and a movie called Thunder on the hill. All you can do is bang on with the religious insults because not only did you lose, you have been proven a fake. Oh, and you meant "prerogative".

And that's all you have now hack. You are plagiarist and liar. What you call me does not matter, you still stole your life story from a comedian and a movie called Thunder on the hill. All you can do is bang on with the religious insults because not only did you lose, you have been proven a fake. Oh, and you meant "prerogative".

No, I'm sure I didn't. "prerogative" isn't even a word.

Incidently, never heard of that movie, but lots of Catholics have these stories...

Incidently, never heard of that movie, but lots of Catholics have these stories...

you are not telling the truth though. You are a hack. You have no life to speak of, so you create one from other peoples imagination. Oh, and you meant "Incidentally". Writer my ass.

You can prove nothing. All of the past you presented as yours is actually fiction, and the real stinker is that it is not even your fiction, but that of other peoples. Sad.

Arguing with a radical secularist is exactly the same as arguing with any solipsist or religious extremist, an exercise in futility. Why bother?

you are not telling the truth though. You are a hack. You have no life to speak of, so you create one from other peoples imagination. Oh, and you meant "Incidentally". Writer my ass.

No, man, if I were a "hack" writer, I'd be writing for Hollywood.

Anyway, duly noted that when one can't win the argument on the facts, you attack the other person, which is all you really have...

Since you have proven repeatedly you can't actually answer the original question.

No, man, if I were a "hack" writer, I'd be writing for Hollywood.

Anyway, duly noted that when one can't win the argument on the facts, you attack the other person, which is all you really have...

Since you have proven repeatedly you can't actually answer the original question.

:bye1:

Does this mean you're going to stop stalking me, because you were really starting to embarrass yourself.

Embarrassed ? me ? Na. You got caught telling lies, why would I be embarrassed ?There was no "organelle question" there was only the post that you hijacked into another one of your anti religion threads. Now go make up some more life stories. If you like, I can recommend some good books. that way there is a better chance that no one will figure you out.

Forum List

Back