Why sane people oppose background checks

Most liberals like me, and most gun owners pretty much just want to get rid of the gun show loopholes.
Own a gun, I don't care. Just submit to the back ground check that has been around for awhile and go on your way.

Since the "Gun show loophole" is a figment of the imagination you should be perfectly happy with the laws that already exist.

Yet, for some reason, Democrats across the country are trying to pass laws that allow police to invade homes without warrants.

Maybe you should talk to your side of the debate and get them to stop doing the wrong thing.

It is? So all people who sell guns at gun shows have to do a back ground check?
And I don't have to, they are already back tracking on the issue.
And I am a democrat?

Does everyone over 18 have to get a drivers license? Should we close the drivers license loophole? Or is that a figment of my imagination?

Who is backtracking on what issue? Your problem is that you forgot that being a liberal means you stand up for liberty, not the government. The more often people prove to you that they want to ignore the Constitution, the more you are willing to pretend that they really mean it when they say sorry.

Let me get this straight, the government does something illegal, gets caught, and says they won't do it again, and that works for you?

I am not going to even answer your stupid question. You and bigrig really don't know how to form an argument, do you ?

You are the one that is telling me it doesn't matter that they broke the law because they promised not to do it after they were told it was illegal. Tell me something, why didn't they know it was illegal in the first place?

Please show me where I said it was okay they broke the law.
I think I clearly stated you were paranoid because they were clearly breaking the law and it wouldn't stand up in court. I didn't say it was okay, I didn't say it didn't matter, or whatever bullshit you want to make up.
My point is you are paranoid because they have already suspended this...... Due to it breaking privacy laws........ Set up by the government.

Instead of buying a gun, go buy a clue.
You do love putting words in my mouth.

Shhhh! Don't be logical.

You keep trying to argue that we don't know your position, then you support stupidity like this.

I support back ground checks, why would I have a problem either way?
Of course you are too stupid to get that point.

Wait a minute here. Somebody argues that we shouldn't that anyone that opposes requiring background checks between two private citizens before they conduct business, yet does not oppose background checks for police officers, is a hypocrite, and you think he is brilliant for using logic, think I am stupid because I can see the difference?

Since the "Gun show loophole" is a figment of the imagination you should be perfectly happy with the laws that already exist.

Yet, for some reason, Democrats across the country are trying to pass laws that allow police to invade homes without warrants.

Maybe you should talk to your side of the debate and get them to stop doing the wrong thing.

And I am a democrat?

Does everyone over 18 have to get a drivers license? Should we close the drivers license loophole? Or is that a figment of my imagination?

Who is backtracking on what issue? Your problem is that you forgot that being a liberal means you stand up for liberty, not the government. The more often people prove to you that they want to ignore the Constitution, the more you are willing to pretend that they really mean it when they say sorry.

How am I back tracking? You said that the gun show loophole didn't exist, I asked you if all people who sell guns at the gun show have to do back ground checks. Your above post is back tracking, mine is not. Now answer the question.
Does everyone at gun shows who sell guns have to do back ground checks?
You above post tells me you know your statement was wrong, because you won't answer the question.
As for your last sentence, what are you even talking about? You just make up shit as you go along, don't you?

Not all people who sell guns at gun shows have to do back ground Checks. Which has already been established.
You are kind of slow.

Not all people who are alive are women, what's your point?

I am going to go hit my head against a wall. Are you two really this stupid? Look at the point the two of you have tried to make? You know where you said everyone at gun shows have to do back ground checks , and that there is no loophole.
Good thing there is waiting period, I might go shoot myself right now.

ok we can do it this way. If you sale a firearm to a person and have any doubts that they can legally own a firearm, and it's found out that they can't, you the seller can be imprisoned for 10 years. Not many people are going to sale a firearm to a person they don't already know and have checked their background out before hand.

You keep trying to argue that we don't know your position, then you support stupidity like this.

I support back ground checks, why would I have a problem either way?
Of course you are too stupid to get that point.

Wait a minute here. Somebody argues that we shouldn't that anyone that opposes requiring background checks between two private citizens before they conduct business, yet does not oppose background checks for police officers, is a hypocrite, and you think he is brilliant for using logic, think I am stupid because I can see the difference?

I think you lack reading comprehension.

No.
Which would be apparent by my sarcastic statement. Which was backed up by the fact they suspended doing so due to privacy laws.

You keep acting like them saying sorry makes it better, does it give the people who had their rights violated their freedom back?

Is it really that hard for you to get the point I was making? Or are you just purposely being difficult because you figure out not supporting back ground checks makes you insane?

I make the point that the government has no problem ignoring the law if it helps them.

You point out that, after they got caught breaking the law, they stopped.

You had a point?

I am going to go hit my head against a wall. Are you two really this stupid? Look at the point the two of you have tried to make? You know where you said everyone at gun shows have to do back ground checks , and that there is no loophole.

ok we can do it this way. If you sale a firearm to a person and have any doubts that they can legally own a firearm, and it's found out that they can't, you the seller can be imprisoned for 10 years. Not many people are going to sale a firearm to a person they don't already know and have checked their background out before hand.

Still can't answer the question?
IS EVERYONE WHO SELLS GUNS REQUIRED TO DO A BACK GROUND CHECK? Just answer the god damn question.
I know neither of you will because you will have to admit you made false statements.

Not all people who sell guns at gun shows have to do back ground Checks. Which has already been established.
You are kind of slow.

No one has said that, are you trying to put words in our mouths?

Let me repeat my position on the gun show loophole so you can understand it, it does not exist, it is a lie cooked up by the government to justify taking away liberty from law abiding people.

You keep acting like them saying sorry makes it better, does it give the people who had their rights violated their freedom back?

Is it really that hard for you to get the point I was making? Or are you just purposely being difficult because you figure out not supporting back ground checks makes you insane?

I make the point that the government has no problem ignoring the law if it helps them.

You had a point?

I did, which was clear when I made the point it wouldn't stand up in court.
I can ignore traffic laws, doesn't mean I won't go to jail. You were being paranoid for no reason. You were trying to act like you were sane for not wanting back ground checks for what one county did. It would be like outlawing cars because I broke traffic laws.
Back ground checks make it harder, it doesn't prevent illegal gun sales but I will make it a lot harder for someone to purchase a gun. If I wanted to buy an illegal gun, I have no clue where to get one and I know some interesting people. I am sure I could in a week or so. Which is a lot different than picking one up at Walmart like I was buying milk. Will that be paper or plastic?

I am not going to even answer your stupid question. You and bigrig really don't know how to form an argument, do you ?

You are the one that is telling me it doesn't matter that they broke the law because they promised not to do it after they were told it was illegal. Tell me something, why didn't they know it was illegal in the first place?

I think I clearly stated you were paranoid because they were clearly breaking the law and it wouldn't stand up in court. I didn't say it was okay, I didn't say it didn't matter, or whatever bullshit you want to make up.
My point is you are paranoid because they have already suspended this...... Due to it breaking privacy laws........ Set up by the government.

This wasn't your post?

And yeah you are paranoid. They have already suspended this practice. That is thing about these sort of things. You guys make a big deal about it, and speak of the government intruding on your lives..........Well it would seem that same government is protecting your rights.

Once again most sane people don't oppose back ground checks. Hint HInt

Once again, you are fucking crazy if you think the government is protecting anyone's rights.

Let me repeat my position on the gun show loophole so you can understand it, it does not exist, it is a lie cooked up by the government to justify taking away liberty from law abiding people.

If you say the gun show loophole doesn't exist, that is what you are saying. Do you get what they mean when they say the gun show loophole?
If you only sell guns occasionally, say at a gun show within your own state every few months you don't have to run a back ground check.......hence the gun show loophole.

And I am a democrat?

How am I back tracking? You said that the gun show loophole didn't exist, I asked you if all people who sell guns at the gun show have to do back ground checks. Your above post is back tracking, mine is not. Now answer the question.
Does everyone at gun shows who sell guns have to do back ground checks?
You above post tells me you know your statement was wrong, because you won't answer the question.
As for your last sentence, what are you even talking about? You just make up shit as you go along, don't you?

Where did I say you were backtracking? You claimed they, whoever they are, have already backtracked on the issue, whatever the issue is. I asked for clarification, and you got defensive.

Now you claim you know I am lying.

Interesting.

This wasn't your post?

And yeah you are paranoid. They have already suspended this practice. That is thing about these sort of things. You guys make a big deal about it, and speak of the government intruding on your lives..........Well it would seem that same government is protecting your rights.

Once again, you are fucking crazy if you think the government is protecting anyone's rights.

Are they ones who made them suspend this practice? How about the Supreme Court who upholds your right to bear arms?
Yeah, you are the one fucking crazy and obviously too stupid to get my point.

You had a point?

I did, which was clear when I made the point it wouldn't stand up in court.
I can ignore traffic laws, doesn't mean I won't go to jail. You were being paranoid for no reason. You were trying to act like you were sane for not wanting back ground checks for what one county did. It would be like outlawing cars because I broke traffic laws.
Back ground checks make it harder, it doesn't prevent illegal gun sales but I will make it a lot harder for someone to purchase a gun. If I wanted to buy an illegal gun, I have no clue where to get one and I know some interesting people. I am sure I could in a week or so. Which is a lot different than picking one up at Walmart like I was buying milk. Will that be paper or plastic?

What the fuck?

It happened, and it can easily stand up in court if they rewrite the laws to make things that are supposed to be private not private.

If you say the gun show loophole doesn't exist, that is what you are saying. Do you get what they mean when they say the gun show loophole?
If you only sell guns occasionally, say at a gun show within your own state every few months you don't have to run a back ground check.......hence the gun show loophole.

Did I not make myself clear?

There is no gun show loophole, it is a lie.

What happened to the Educational Privacy Act? Every school must abide by it...Maybe the Department of Homeland Security and your local sheriff as adjunct have waivers? Just what I love about homeland security....Whatever happened to the old days when the cops had to actually do their own foot work without sneaking into someone's records? And what happened to all of the laws that protected citizen rights?...They seem to have fallen by the wayside after 9/11...

Last edited:

This wasn't your post?

Are they ones who made them suspend this practice? How about the Supreme Court who upholds your right to bear arms?
Yeah, you are the one fucking crazy and obviously too stupid to get my point.

What evidence, outside of the fact that they say they stopped, do you have that they stopped?

What happened to the Educational Privacy Act? Every school must abide by it...Maybe the Department of Homeland Security and your local sheriff as adjunct have waivers? Just what I love about homeland security....Whatever happened to the old days when the cops had to actually do their own foot work without sneaking into someone's records? And what happened to all of the laws that protected citizen rights?...They seem to have fallen by the wayside after 9/11...

Apparently, it doesn't apply if you want a gun permit.

Forum List

Back