Why sane people oppose background checks

you don't seem to understand. If you have doubts about the person you either don't sale or you do a back ground check.
I would only sale too someone i know there fore i know their background and no government paper work is required.

so yes, not everyone selling guns at a gun show has to perform back ground checks. Thanks!
Got it.

Didn't you say that everyone had to do a back ground check?
how many criminals buy a gun at a gun show?

It would be hard to figure out, you know without a paper trail.

You should really go take a history class or something..

As a woman, this will be easy to just to explain the tip of the iceberg. I could not hold land, I could not vote, I had no rights over the custody of my child, do you want me to go on?
How about gun laws? Black people were not allowed to guns.
As for the terrorist point. We forced Japanese into internment camps, we had congressional committees on communism and wide spread witch hunts.
You can lose faith with your government, but it is like you don't understand the Constitution, or have faith in the system the founding fathers set up.

If you actually study history you will realize the government is not why those things changed.

Oh! For fuck sakes. That point just went far far far over your head.

Most of us know that gun show "loophole" doesn't mean a "loophole" in the law - it is simply a TERM used to describe that area that the law did not cover.

More: Gun Show Loophole - Coalition to Stop Gun Violence

Gun Show Loophole Frequently Asked Questions - Coalition to Stop Gun Violence

Look at that, even the Brady Campaign to ba Every Fucking Gun in America admits the gun show loophole doesn't exist.

Yes, the TERM exists.

So does the term warp drive, yet there is no warp drive either.

so yes, not everyone selling guns at a gun show has to perform back ground checks. Thanks!
Got it.

Didn't you say that everyone had to do a back ground check?

UC Davis found that less than 2% of people incarcerated for crimes involving guns bought their guns at a gun show. Given that they did not provide any data on whether these people had a record at the time of the purchase I am willing to bet that most, if not all, of them did not have a record when they purchased the gun.

You should really go take a history class or something..

As a woman, this will be easy to just to explain the tip of the iceberg. I could not hold land, I could not vote, I had no rights over the custody of my child, do you want me to go on?
How about gun laws? Black people were not allowed to guns.
As for the terrorist point. We forced Japanese into internment camps, we had congressional committees on communism and wide spread witch hunts.
You can lose faith with your government, but it is like you don't understand the Constitution, or have faith in the system the founding fathers set up.

If you actually study history you will realize the government is not why those things changed.

My point seems to go over yours, governments do not protect rights, they eat them.

UC Davis found that less than 2% of people incarcerated for crimes involving guns bought their guns at a gun show. Given that they did not provide any data on whether these people had a record at the time of the purchase I am willing to bet that most, if not all, of them did not have a record when they purchased the gun.

This^^^^^^^:clap2:

Look at that, even the Brady Campaign to ba Every Fucking Gun in America admits the gun show loophole doesn't exist.

Yes, the TERM exists.

So does the term warp drive, yet there is no warp drive either.

The gun show loophole is that unlicensed gun owners can sell guns at gun shows without doing back ground checks.
Does everyone at a gun show who is selling guns have to perform a background check? No
Which...............Wait for it...............There is a gun show loophole.
It isn't rocket science.
In 1998, over 4,400 gun shows were conducted around the country. 478 were held in Texas alone.1 The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) estimates on average 2,500 – 5,000 gun shows are held annually. In general, between 25% to 50% of sellers are not licensed dealers.2 The access to anonymous sales and the availability of large numbers of secondhand guns makes gun shows attractive to criminals and other prohibited purchasers. A federal study found that 10% of guns used in crime by juveniles were sold either at a gun show or a flea market, and in 1999, gun shows were associated with approximately 26,000 firearms used in crime.3, 4

Gun Show Loophole Frequently Asked Questions - Coalition to Stop Gun Violence

Here is a link the document they used as a source
http://www.atf.gov/publications/download/treas/treas-gun-shows-brady-checks-and-crime-gun-traces.pdf

My point seems to go over yours, governments do not protect rights, they eat them.

Like I said, you can lose faith in your government but it is like you dont have faith in the constitution or the system the founding fathers set up............Like I said, my point flew far far far far far over your head. It is actually pretty funny to watch.

I am actually waiting for you to answer my DOL questions regarding driver's license...And exactly how you were trying to make a point with that..Because if you were trying to back up your point of view.. It would be quite hilarious. What I have to do to keep my driver licenses, is the number one reason why I wanted you to answer. But I don't think you will.

This^^^^^^^:clap2:

Its like Dumb and Dumber..

Do you have a link?

You really have a problem with linking info you get from a website.

Most liberals like me, and most gun owners pretty much just want to get rid of the gun show loopholes.
Own a gun, I don't care. Just submit to the back ground check that has been around for awhile and go on your way.

There is no gun show loophole! Claiming there bis can only be called a LIE.

You need to STOP LYING!

There is no such thing as a "gun show loophole". Where do you guys get this stuff, anyway?

All licensed gun dealers are REQUIRED to do a background check for EVERY weapon they sell, REGARDLESS of their location.

If you want PRIVATE CITIZENS to do background checks you're going to run up against restraint of trade issues.

the libs are amazing on this topic. they actually think that two gang bangers in south central LA are going to run background checks when they sell a gun to each other--or trade one for a rock of crack.

is it possible that libs are as stupid as they seem to be?

Some of them, certainly. Some of them aren't really stupid, they're just badly misinformed.

And, of course, plenty of them are simple evil.

Most liberals like me, and most gun owners pretty much just want to get rid of the gun show loopholes.
Own a gun, I don't care. Just submit to the back ground check that has been around for awhile and go on your way.

There is no such thing as a "gun show loophole". Where do you guys get this stuff, anyway?

All licensed gun dealers are REQUIRED to do a background check for EVERY weapon they sell, REGARDLESS of their location.

If you want PRIVATE CITIZENS to do background checks you're going to run up against restraint of trade issues.

If you own a license to sell guns you have to back ground check, those you are not gun shop etc owners, who only sell at gun shows, and only sell occasionally and sell within their state they do not have to do back ground checks.................Hence the gun show loophole.

And restraint of trade? Yeah, okay. :eusa_hand:

All, repeat ALL, repeat ALL licensed dealers must, repeat MUST, repeat MUST do background checks on all, repeat ALL, repeat ALL sales regardless of where they occur. THERE IS NO GUN SHOW LOOPHOLE AND CLAIMING THERE IS CAN ONLY BE CALLED A LIE

Do you have a link?

A 1997 Justice Department survey of more than 18,000 state and federal convicts revealed the truth:

• 39.6% of criminals obtained a gun from a friend or family member
• 39.2% of criminals obtained a gun on the street or from an illegal source
• 0.7% of criminals purchased a gun at a gun show
• 1% of criminals purchased a gun at a flea market
• 3.8% of criminals purchased a gun from a pawn shop
• 8.3% of criminals actually bought their guns from retail outlets

Read more: Where criminals get their guns | The Daily Caller

If you own a license to sell guns you have to back ground check, those you are not gun shop etc owners, who only sell at gun shows, and only sell occasionally and sell within their state they do not have to do back ground checks.................Hence the gun show loophole.

And restraint of trade? Yeah, okay. :eusa_hand:

All, repeat ALL, repeat ALL licensed dealers must, repeat MUST, repeat MUST do background checks on all, repeat ALL, repeat ALL sales regardless of where they occur. THERE IS NO GUN SHOW LOOPHOLE AND CLAIMING THERE IS CAN ONLY BE CALLED A LIE

Does everyone at a gun show have to be a licensed dealer? Um.... No.
But thanks for the bold letters.

There is no gun show loophole! Claiming there bis can only be called a LIE.

You need to STOP LYING!

How am I lying? I have proven a few times you don't have to be licensed dealer to sell guns at a gun show and only licensed dealers have to back ground checks....... Hence the loophole.
I guess you are as stupid as big rig and qw. Congrats!

Do you have a link?

A 1997 Justice Department survey of more than 18,000 state and federal convicts revealed the truth:

My link was from this century. :cuckoo:

Do you have a link?

My link was from this century. :cuckoo:

What was your link again?

“This is incredibly alarming,” said Justin Dedecker, a graduate student who sought a gun permit in 2011. “How does my performance in class become an indicator of my mental stability?”
]

Funny, let's look at that.

Loughner- Thrown out of his college because of his increasingly erratic behavior.
Cho- (The VA Shooter)- Thrown out of regular classes and privately tutored because his behavior was so disturbing.
Holmes- In the process of being removed from his Graduate program because he was losing his mind.

Hmmm..Three cases where if someone had "snooped" before letting these guys buy guns, a tragedy could have been averted.

Forum List

Back