Why sane people oppose background checks

I have a suggestion that will end this "gun show loophole fantasy" anti gunners have, and the government doesn't even have too do anything.
Being that Gun shows are privately run and held on private property. Those who manage these gun shows and those who own the property could place restrictions on the property site too private sales.
In other words no private sales allowed.
Would this compromise be sufficient to end this argument?

Last edited:
I have a suggestion that will end this "gun show loophole fantasy" anti gunners have, and the government doesn't even have too do anything.
Being that Gun shows are privately run and held on private property. Those who manage these gun shows and those who own the property could place restrictions on the property site too private sales.

So I am anti gun? Lol

So I am anti gun? Lol

In my opinion yes
BTW what about my compromise?

Given the Gun Industry and its tools inability to police themselves up to this point, I have my doubts.

Given the Gun Industry and its tools inability to police themselves up to this point, I have my doubts.

What does the gun industry have too do with private sales? They don't care one way or the other. After all the bottom line is what they are in the bussniess of making firearms
Helping people with maintaining their second amendment right and profit.
So your reply is irrelevant.

What does the gun industry have too do with private sales? They don't care one way or the other. After all the bottom line is what they are in the bussniess of making firearms
Helping people with maintaining their second amendment right and profit.
So your reply is irrelevant.

Welll, actually they do, because they recognize there's an aftermarket... ammunition, spare parts, lubricants... Come on, you are really this unaware of basic economics?

But more to the point, the gun industry wouldn't be so keen on the "Second Amendment" if the gunmakers were held financially liable for the damage their products cause. Quite the contrary,t he first time a gunmaker gets hit with a 8 figure settlement from the parents of a preschooler who got ventilated by a crazy person with a Bushmaster, watch how fast they tell you "Second Amendment" types to pound sand. They'll be conducting not only background checks but psych exams!

I am going to go hit my head against a wall. Are you two really this stupid? Look at the point the two of you have tried to make? You know where you said everyone at gun shows have to do back ground checks , and that there is no loophole.
Good thing there is waiting period, I might go shoot myself right now.

ok we can do it this way. If you sale a firearm to a person and have any doubts that they can legally own a firearm, and it's found out that they can't, you the seller can be imprisoned for 10 years. Not many people are going to sale a firearm to a person they don't already know and have checked their background out before hand.

Still can't answer the question?
IS EVERYONE WHO SELLS GUNS REQUIRED TO DO A BACK GROUND CHECK? Just answer the god damn question.
I know neither of you will because you will have to admit you made false statements.

JESUS H. CHRIST, Luissa, I answered that stupid question back on Page ONE!!

ALL FFL licensees MUST do a background check for EVERY gun they sell, REGARDLESS of where they sell it.

Only PRIVATE citizens are exempt.

Or does pointing out that this is happening prove I am paranoid?

Yup. Most, if nearly all Americans oppose making it legal for convicted criminals and certifiably mentally ill people to buy guns.

Here you embrace it.

Fucking moron.

What's YOUR definition of "certifiably mentally ill"?

Followup questions..using YOUR definition,

1. How many of the last ten years worth of mass mudering nuts would have been disqualified from owning guns using your standard?

1a. How many of those used somebody else's weapons to kill?

2. When it comes time to take thjose guns away from the "certifiably mentally ill" how many standoffs do you think the police are going to have trying to take those guns from their cold dead hands?

I guess I'm proposing that what we all talk about, getting guns out of the hands of nutters, isn't going to solve as many problems as I suspect its going to cause.

So I am anti gun? Lol

In my opinion yes
BTW what about my compromise?

Wanting back ground checks is anti gun? I guess 70 to 90% of Americans are anti gun. Weird.

ok we can do it this way. If you sale a firearm to a person and have any doubts that they can legally own a firearm, and it's found out that they can't, you the seller can be imprisoned for 10 years. Not many people are going to sale a firearm to a person they don't already know and have checked their background out before hand.

IS EVERYONE WHO SELLS GUNS REQUIRED TO DO A BACK GROUND CHECK? Just answer the god damn question.
I know neither of you will because you will have to admit you made false statements.

ALL FFL licensees MUST do a background check for EVERY gun they sell, REGARDLESS of where they sell it.

Does everyone who sells guns at a gun show have to be a licensed dealer? Um... No. Are you guys this retarded on real life?

Or does pointing out that this is happening prove I am paranoid?

Yup. Most, if nearly all Americans oppose making it legal for convicted criminals and certifiably mentally ill people to buy guns.

Here you embrace it.

Fucking moron.

What's YOUR definition of "certifiably mentally ill"?

Followup questions..using YOUR definition,

1. How many of the last ten years worth of mass mudering nuts would have been disqualified from owning guns using your standard?

1a. How many of those used somebody else's weapons to kill?

2. When it comes time to take thjose guns away from the "certifiably mentally ill" how many standoffs do you think the police are going to have trying to take those guns from their cold dead hands?

I guess I'm proposing that what we all talk about, getting guns out of the hands of nutters, isn't going to solve as many problems as I suspect its going to cause.

Most of the nutters who mass kill are able to keep their profile low enough to get the job done. The fit in well enough and they are seldom criminals.

They fit in well enough because this culture is one that is attempting to embrace their brand of nuttiness and bring the up with their non nutty peers.

It doesn't seem to be a good proposition. There's some we do need to leave behind and some we will never catch regardless.

Does everyone who sells guns at a gun show have to be a licensed dealer? Um... No. Are you guys this retarded on real life?

Do you always project this disgusting air of moral superiority?

Lahkota posted a couple pages back a figure of 60% of gun transactions had BC's done, leaving the uninformed American (that would be YOU) with the impression that 40% of SALES have no check done.

This would be WRONG.

Over 80% of that 40%, or 32% overall, are transfers from inheritances or between family members.

Is it your position that I must do a background check on my brother, cousin, aunt or uncle if they want to buy one of my guns? Or on my son or daughter if I leave them some weapons in my will?

Most liberals like me, and most gun owners pretty much just want to get rid of the gun show loopholes.
Own a gun, I don't care. Just submit to the back ground check that has been around for awhile and go on your way.

There is no gun show loophole! Claiming there bis can only be called a LIE.

You need to STOP LYING!

How am I lying? I have proven a few times you don't have to be licensed dealer to sell guns at a gun show and only licensed dealers have to back ground checks....... Hence the loophole.
I guess you are as stupid as big rig and qw. Congrats!

You are lying because it has nothing to do with gun shows. It has to do with private sellers versus dealers, regardless of when and where a gun is sold. Therefore it is not, repeat NOT, a "gun show loophole". Continuing to refer to it as such is a LIE!

Lahkota posted a couple pages back a figure of 60% of gun transactions had BC's done, leaving the uninformed American (that would be YOU) with the impression that 40% of SALES have no check done.

This would be WRONG.

Over 80% of that 40%, or 32% overall, are transfers from inheritances or between family members.

Is it your position that I must do a background check on my brother, cousin, aunt or uncle if they want to buy one of my guns? Or on my son or daughter if I leave them some weapons in my will?

Why not?

Should the operator of a daycare center be able to hire a convicted pedophile,

if he happens to be the operator's relative?

If you support loopholes in background check laws, then you support maintaining the opportunity for convicted felons, and others who would not otherwise be able to legally obtain guns,

to be able to use the loopholes. You want the criminals to get the guns.

It's not anymore complicated than that.

"It's the registration lists that make confiscation so easy, just ask those poor folks in NOLA after Katrina."

I guess that means me, because I lived there, and believe me, I was poor by the time the flood receeded. Just to be sure, I just went and looked in my drawer, and, sure enough, my Colt 38 Special is still there!

Dude don't even go there. There is way too much information on New Orleans gun confiscation and cops killing unarmed citizens of the city.

It must have happened when I was taking a nap.

This would be WRONG.

Why not?

Should the operator of a daycare center be able to hire a convicted pedophile,

if he happens to be the operator's relative?

The operator of a daycare center would have as much desire to hire a pedophile as I would to transfer a firearm to someone barred from ownership.

IOW, NONE!!

What a moronic comparison!

If everybody is so paraoid about the government doing background checks on people who buy guns, why are they not outraged that one can not be hired as a cop, or any other law enforcement person without a background check? In fact, why not be outraged at the privacy invasion of a background check done by the government on everyone that attempts to join the military?

Let me think, why doesn't that bother me?

How about because being a cop is not a right?

You really should just go hide under your bed, you aren't qualified to post on the internet.

Does that mean that you are going to give me an "F", teach?

Forum List

Back