Why sane people oppose background checks

This wasn't your post?

Once again, you are fucking crazy if you think the government is protecting anyone's rights.

Are they ones who made them suspend this practice? How about the Supreme Court who upholds your right to bear arms?
Yeah, you are the one fucking crazy and obviously too stupid to get my point.

What evidence, outside of the fact that they say they stopped, do you have that they stopped?

Where is your evidence they haven't?

Are they ones who made them suspend this practice? How about the Supreme Court who upholds your right to bear arms?
Yeah, you are the one fucking crazy and obviously too stupid to get my point.

What evidence, outside of the fact that they say they stopped, do you have that they stopped?

Where is your evidence they haven't?

I am not saying they are still doing it, am I. On the other hand, you are insisting they stopped, so I am curious why you believe them.

I am going to go hit my head against a wall. Are you two really this stupid? Look at the point the two of you have tried to make? You know where you said everyone at gun shows have to do back ground checks , and that there is no loophole.
Good thing there is waiting period, I might go shoot myself right now.

ok we can do it this way. If you sale a firearm to a person and have any doubts that they can legally own a firearm, and it's found out that they can't, you the seller can be imprisoned for 10 years. Not many people are going to sale a firearm to a person they don't already know and have checked their background out before hand.

Still can't answer the question?
IS EVERYONE WHO SELLS GUNS REQUIRED TO DO A BACK GROUND CHECK? Just answer the god damn question.
I know neither of you will because you will have to admit you made false statements.

You don't seem to understand. If you have doubts about the person you either don't sale or you do a back ground check.
I would only sale too someone I know there fore I know their background and no government paper work is required.

You are the one that is telling me it doesn't matter that they broke the law because they promised not to do it after they were told it was illegal. Tell me something, why didn't they know it was illegal in the first place?

Please show me where I said it was okay they broke the law.
I think I clearly stated you were paranoid because they were clearly breaking the law and it wouldn't stand up in court. I didn't say it was okay, I didn't say it didn't matter, or whatever bullshit you want to make up.
My point is you are paranoid because they have already suspended this...... Due to it breaking privacy laws........ Set up by the government.

Instead of buying a gun, go buy a clue.
You do love putting words in my mouth.

This wasn't your post?

And yeah you are paranoid. They have already suspended this practice. That is thing about these sort of things. You guys make a big deal about it, and speak of the government intruding on your lives..........Well it would seem that same government is protecting your rights.

Once again most sane people don't oppose back ground checks. Hint HInt

Once again, you are fucking crazy if you think the government is protecting anyone's rights.

Federal court overturns Illinois concealed weapon ban - CBS News
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20130222/NEWS/130222011/0/ENT/?odyssey=nav|head

Supreme Court Overturns D.C. Gun Ban; What Next? : NPR

Oak Harbor City Council overturns gun ban | Local & Regional | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News

I think the government protects people's rights every day. Of course there is corruption. We don't live in a perfect world. We put people in internment camps once in this country, do you think we could do that today and get away with it?
The founding fathers set up one of the best forms of government, we just haven't completely figured out how to interpret it. Yes, some city might infringe on your rights, but we have a form of government where we can fight that infringement.
We also have one that doesn't make it easy for rapist to own a gun, I am fine with that.

ok we can do it this way. If you sale a firearm to a person and have any doubts that they can legally own a firearm, and it's found out that they can't, you the seller can be imprisoned for 10 years. Not many people are going to sale a firearm to a person they don't already know and have checked their background out before hand.

Still can't answer the question?
IS EVERYONE WHO SELLS GUNS REQUIRED TO DO A BACK GROUND CHECK? Just answer the god damn question.
I know neither of you will because you will have to admit you made false statements.

You don't seem to understand. If you have doubts about the person you either don't sale or you do a back ground check.
I would only sale too someone I know there fore I know their background and no government paper work is required.

So yes, not everyone selling guns at a gun show has to perform back ground checks. Thanks!
Got it.

Didn't you say that everyone had to do a back ground check?

Please show me where I said it was okay they broke the law.
I think I clearly stated you were paranoid because they were clearly breaking the law and it wouldn't stand up in court. I didn't say it was okay, I didn't say it didn't matter, or whatever bullshit you want to make up.
My point is you are paranoid because they have already suspended this...... Due to it breaking privacy laws........ Set up by the government.

Instead of buying a gun, go buy a clue.
You do love putting words in my mouth.

This wasn't your post?

And yeah you are paranoid. They have already suspended this practice. That is thing about these sort of things. You guys make a big deal about it, and speak of the government intruding on your lives..........Well it would seem that same government is protecting your rights.

Once again most sane people don't oppose back ground checks. Hint HInt

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20130222/NEWS/130222011/0/ENT/?odyssey=nav|head

Oak Harbor City Council overturns gun ban | Local & Regional | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News

I think the government protects people's rights every day. Of course there is corruption. We don't live in a perfect world. We put people in internment camps once in this country, do you think we could do that today and get away with it?
The founding fathers set up one of the best forms of government, we just haven't completely figured out how to interpret it. Yes, some city might infringe on your rights, but we have a form of government where we can fight that infringement.
We also have one that doesn't make it easy for rapist to own a gun, I am fine with that.

This is going to be really sad.

Scorecard: How Many Rights Have Americans REALLY Lost? | Washington's Blog

This wasn't your post?

I laughing so hard I might pee my pants.

Most of us know that gun show "loophole" doesn't mean a "loophole" in the law - it is simply a TERM used to describe that area that the law did not cover.

Unfortunately, current federal law requires criminal background checks only for guns sold through licensed firearm dealers, which account for just 60% of all gun sales in the United States. A loophole in the law allows individuals not “engaged in the business” of selling firearms to sell guns without a license—and without processing any paperwork. That means that two out of every five guns sold in the United States change hands without a background check.

Though commonly referred to as the “Gun Show Loophole,” the “private sales” described above include guns sold at gun shows, through classified newspaper ads, the Internet, and between individuals virtually anywhere.

Unfortunately, only six states (CA, CO, IL, NY, OR, RI) require universal background checks on all firearm sales at gun shows. Three more states (CT, MD, PA) require background checks on all handgun sales made at gun shows. Seven other states (HI, IA, MA, MI, NJ, NC, NE) require purchasers to obtain a permit and undergo a background check before buying a handgun. Florida allows its counties to regulate gun shows by requiring background checks on all firearms purchases at these events. 33 states have taken no action whatsoever to close the Gun Show Loophole.

More: Gun Show Loophole - Coalition to Stop Gun Violence

Gun Show Loophole Frequently Asked Questions - Coalition to Stop Gun Violence

still can't answer the question?
Is everyone who sells guns required to do a back ground check? Just answer the god damn question.

you don't seem to understand. If you have doubts about the person you either don't sale or you do a back ground check.
I would only sale too someone i know there fore i know their background and no government paper work is required.

so yes, not everyone selling guns at a gun show has to perform back ground checks. Thanks!
Got it.

ok sport you've never been to a gun show and think you know all about it.

still can't answer the question?
Is everyone who sells guns required to do a back ground check? Just answer the god damn question.

you don't seem to understand. If you have doubts about the person you either don't sale or you do a back ground check.
I would only sale too someone i know there fore i know their background and no government paper work is required.

so yes, not everyone selling guns at a gun show has to perform back ground checks. Thanks!
Got it.

how many criminals buy a gun at a gun show?

This wasn't your post?

You should really go take a history class or something..

As a woman, this will be easy to just to explain the tip of the iceberg. I could not hold land, I could not vote, I had no rights over the custody of my child, do you want me to go on?
How about gun laws? Black people were not allowed to guns.
As for the terrorist point. We forced Japanese into internment camps, we had congressional committees on communism and wide spread witch hunts.
You can lose faith with your government, but it is like you don't understand the Constitution, or have faith in the system the founding fathers set up.

Most of us know that gun show "loophole" doesn't mean a "loophole" in the law - it is simply a TERM used to describe that area that the law did not cover.

Unfortunately, current federal law requires criminal background checks only for guns sold through licensed firearm dealers, which account for just 60% of all gun sales in the United States. A loophole in the law allows individuals not “engaged in the business” of selling firearms to sell guns without a license—and without processing any paperwork. That means that two out of every five guns sold in the United States change hands without a background check.

Though commonly referred to as the “Gun Show Loophole,” the “private sales” described above include guns sold at gun shows, through classified newspaper ads, the Internet, and between individuals virtually anywhere.

Unfortunately, only six states (CA, CO, IL, NY, OR, RI) require universal background checks on all firearm sales at gun shows. Three more states (CT, MD, PA) require background checks on all handgun sales made at gun shows. Seven other states (HI, IA, MA, MI, NJ, NC, NE) require purchasers to obtain a permit and undergo a background check before buying a handgun. Florida allows its counties to regulate gun shows by requiring background checks on all firearms purchases at these events. 33 states have taken no action whatsoever to close the Gun Show Loophole.

Look at that, even the Brady Campaign to ba Every Fucking Gun in America admits the gun show loophole doesn't exist.

Got it.

ok sport you've never been to a gun show and think you know all about it.
:bang3:

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20130222/NEWS/130222011/0/ENT/?odyssey=nav%7Chead

You should really go take a history class or something..

As a woman, this will be easy to just to explain the tip of the iceberg. I could not hold land, I could not vote, I had no rights over the custody of my child, do you want me to go on?
How about gun laws? Black people were not allowed to guns.
As for the terrorist point. We forced Japanese into internment camps, we had congressional committees on communism and wide spread witch hunts.
You can lose faith with your government, but it is like you don't understand the Constitution, or have faith in the system the founding fathers set up.

If you actually study history you will realize the government is not why those things changed.

Last edited:

Look at that, even the Brady Campaign to ba Every Fucking Gun in America admits the gun show loophole doesn't exist.

Yes, the TERM exists.

Forum List

Back