Why sane people oppose background checks

Most liberals like me, and most gun owners pretty much just want to get rid of the gun show loopholes.
Own a gun, I don't care. Just submit to the back ground check that has been around for awhile and go on your way.

Since the "Gun show loophole" is a figment of the imagination you should be perfectly happy with the laws that already exist.

Yet, for some reason, Democrats across the country are trying to pass laws that allow police to invade homes without warrants.

Maybe you should talk to your side of the debate and get them to stop doing the wrong thing.

Last edited:
Or does pointing out that this is happening prove I am paranoid?

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/ar...gives-private-student-data-to-Johnson-sheriff

And yeah you are paranoid. They have already suspended this practice. That is thing about these sort of things. You guys make a big deal about it, and speak of the government intruding on your lives..........Well it would seem that same government is protecting your rights.

Once again most sane people don't oppose back ground checks. Hint HInt

Let me get this straight, the government does something illegal, gets caught, and says they won't do it again, and that works for you?

I am not going to even answer your stupid question. You and bigrig really don't know how to form an argument, do you ?

Yup. Most, if nearly all Americans oppose making it legal for convicted criminals and certifiably mentally ill people to buy guns.

Here you embrace it.

Fucking moron.

Nice of you not to actually read my post or the article I linked to.

You posted, "Why sane people oppose background checks". So unless you're considering yourself "insane" you are lumping yourself in with morons, right?

Damn, I wonder how we survived all those years before background checks? They were supposed to keep the guns out of the hands of criminals. Really worked well, didn't it?

If everybody is so paraoid about the government doing background checks on people who buy guns, why are they not outraged that one can not be hired as a cop, or any other law enforcement person without a background check? In fact, why not be outraged at the privacy invasion of a background check done by the government on everyone that attempts to join the military?

Let me think, why doesn't that bother me?

How about because being a cop is not a right?

You really should just go hide under your bed, you aren't qualified to post on the internet.

Most liberals like me, and most gun owners pretty much just want to get rid of the gun show loopholes.
Own a gun, I don't care. Just submit to the back ground check that has been around for awhile and go on your way.

Since the "Gun show loophole" is a figment of the imagination you should be perfectly happy with the laws that already exist.

Yet, for some reason, Democrats across the country are trying to pass laws that allow police to invade homes without warrants.

Maybe you should talk to your side of the debate and get them to stop doing the wrong thing.

It is? So all people who sell guns at gun shows have to do a back ground check?
And I don't have to, they are already back tracking on the issue.
And I am a democrat?

If everybody is so paraoid about the government doing background checks on people who buy guns, why are they not outraged that one can not be hired as a cop, or any other law enforcement person without a background check? In fact, why not be outraged at the privacy invasion of a background check done by the government on everyone that attempts to join the military?

Shhhh! Don't be logical.

You keep trying to argue that we don't know your position, then you support stupidity like this.

Shhhh! Don't be logical.

I often find myself visiting an alternative universe when I post on these boards. I just bowed out of a discussion in which two loonies maintan that the Supreme Court does not have the Constitutional power to declare a law as unconstitutional. If my 8th qrade Civics teacher heard this, she would be turning over in her grave. It is bad enough that I am going to have to contact Sesame Street and have them change their "Schoolhouse Rock" videos.....

I bet you find yourself in an alternate universe whenever you wake up.

Tell me something, what does a background check for a job have to do with a background check for buying pizza?

First, being a police officer, or joining the military is not a right specified in the Constitution. Second, background checks on gun purchases has not accomplished its designed purpose to keep firearms out of the hands of criminals. Third, government always find more and more categories of people who are not allowed to keep and bear arms.

Shhhh! Don't be logical.

You keep trying to argue that we don't know your position, then you support stupidity like this.

I support back ground checks, why would I have a problem either way?
Of course you are too stupid to get that point.

First, being a police officer, or joining the military is not a right specified in the Constitution. Second, background checks on gun purchases has not accomplished its designed purpose to keep firearms out of the hands of criminals. Third, government always find more and more categories of people who are not allowed to keep and bear arms.

Show the list of people not allowed to own guns under federal law.

Most people agree with back ground checks. So I don't think there is a lot of sane people opposing them?
And yes I am sure what you posted would stand up in court. :cuckoo: so in reality do sane people oppose background checks? Not many.

You think the police should be able to call up the school, inform them you are applying for a gun license, and get your grades?

No.
Which would be apparent by my sarcastic statement. Which was backed up by the fact they suspended doing so due to privacy laws.

You keep acting like them saying sorry makes it better, does it give the people who had their rights violated their freedom back?

Chase Hardin, a former student at the university, said he didn’t realize he was waiving privacy rights to his student records when he applied for a gun permit in March 2011. But, he said, he’s not troubled by that.

“I had no idea I was signing anything like that,” he said, “but does it concern me? No, I’d have to say I have no problem with them looking at grades and things like that. Gun permits are a serious thing, and I think they need to look at whatever information they can get.”
Exactly. From the OP link.

Can I give the police all the information about you being a fake Indian if I apply for a gun permit, or is that none of their fucking business?

Okay, we won't allow back ground checks, but then I have the right to sue whomever sold the gun. That work for you?

You think the police should be able to call up the school, inform them you are applying for a gun license, and get your grades?

No.
Which would be apparent by my sarcastic statement. Which was backed up by the fact they suspended doing so due to privacy laws.

You keep acting like them saying sorry makes it better, does it give the people who had their rights violated their freedom back?

Is it really that hard for you to get the point I was making? Or are you just purposely being difficult because you figure out not supporting back ground checks makes you insane?

And yeah you are paranoid. They have already suspended this practice. That is thing about these sort of things. You guys make a big deal about it, and speak of the government intruding on your lives..........Well it would seem that same government is protecting your rights.

Once again most sane people don't oppose back ground checks. Hint HInt

Let me get this straight, the government does something illegal, gets caught, and says they won't do it again, and that works for you?

I am not going to even answer your stupid question. You and bigrig really don't know how to form an argument, do you ?

You are the one that is telling me it doesn't matter that they broke the law because they promised not to do it after they were told it was illegal. Tell me something, why didn't they know it was illegal in the first place?

It isn't just federal law. We also have government at the state and local levels.

If they are a FFL dealer regradless if they have a gun shop or not they must do a ATF 4473

Not all people who sell guns at gun shows have to do back ground Checks. Which has already been established.
You are kind of slow.

Not all people who are alive are women, what's your point?

I am going to go hit my head against a wall. Are you two really this stupid? Look at the point the two of you have tried to make? You know where you said everyone at gun shows have to do back ground checks , and that there is no loophole.
Good thing there is waiting period, I might go shoot myself right now.

It isn't just federal law. We also have government at the state and local levels.

Answer the fucking question.
Maybe A15 is right, I think you do have Aspergers.

Forum List

Back