Why should cannibis be illegal?

I think the 400 thousand people locked up care. And we could save a bunch of money the government should invest. If you have an actual argument I'd love to hear it, although I doubt you have one.

Oh boy, another pot head, just what we need. You're the only ones worried about this issue.

Well maybe they should work to change the law instead of breaking it, then they wouldn't be in jail, would they? If you were actually doing that then this might actually belong on a political board.

You have no idea what I'm actively doing to solve this problem so don't pretend to. Also you better not break any law, including speeding or any traffic violations, even if you didn't hurt anyone. Why? Because few adults smoking cannibis do any harm to anybody else (maybe it harms them minutely). If people aren't infridging on others rights, they have a right todo whatever they want, it's America and these are adults.

Really, so far all you managed to show me is you like to bitch and moan about a law you disagree with in your very first message here. Also if you think it's only adults smoking weed then you really are high.

I don't think it's just adults, I smoked when I was a kid because it was EASIER than getting alcohol. If you think prohibition stops anyone from using YOU ARE HIGHER THAN ME. So yes I will "bitch" (provide a reasonable argument) because I DONT THINK KIDS SHOULD USE POT. That's why legalizing it makes sense, they have to prove their of age, instead of a drug dealer trying to get them hooked. You are actually advocating making it easier for kids to get pot.

You're assuming the black market for marijuana will dry up if it legalized, it won't and hasn't where it is legal. The same folks selling to kids today will keep doing it when it's legal for adults, also adults will utilize the black market to avoid the taxes and people will still be going to jail. How you gonna solve that?

I think the 400 thousand people locked up care. And we could save a bunch of money the government should invest. If you have an actual argument I'd love to hear it, although I doubt you have one.

Well maybe they should work to change the law instead of breaking it, then they wouldn't be in jail, would they? If you were actually doing that then this might actually belong on a political board.

You have no idea what I'm actively doing to solve this problem so don't pretend to. Also you better not break any law, including speeding or any traffic violations, even if you didn't hurt anyone. Why? Because few adults smoking cannibis do any harm to anybody else (maybe it harms them minutely). If people aren't infridging on others rights, they have a right todo whatever they want, it's America and these are adults.

Really, so far all you managed to show me is you like to bitch and moan about a law you disagree with in your very first message here. Also if you think it's only adults smoking weed then you really are high.

I don't think it's just adults, I smoked when I was a kid because it was EASIER than getting alcohol. If you think prohibition stops anyone from using YOU ARE HIGHER THAN ME. So yes I will "bitch" (provide a reasonable argument) because I DONT THINK KIDS SHOULD USE POT. That's why legalizing it makes sense, they have to prove their of age, instead of a drug dealer trying to get them hooked. You are actually advocating making it easier for kids to get pot.
How would making it legal make it less available to kids?

I had no issues ever getting marijuana. In fact marijuana was more prevalent and readily available in my state because now all you need is a friend with a medicinal card or a card yourself and you don't have to worry about getting caught since your friend can by your weed for you.

Like I said, at least undercutting the black market (through proper legalization) and requiring a photo ID proving your age, would cut a lot of under age use out (not all obviously).

You're assuming the black market for marijuana will dry up if it legalized, it won't and hasn't where it is legal. The same folks selling to kids today will keep doing it when it's legal for adults, also adults will utilize the black market to avoid the taxes and people will still be going to jail. How you gonna solve that?
The black market wasn't dried up in Colorado, that's for sure. You can get the same weed but for much cheaper, minus the sales tax, on the black market.

There is a large black market trade for untaxed cigarettes, what makes legalization advocates think it will be any different for marijuana?

I had no issues ever getting marijuana. In fact marijuana was more prevalent and readily available in my state because now all you need is a friend with a medicinal card or a card yourself and you don't have to worry about getting caught since your friend can by your weed for you.

Like I said, at least undercutting the black market (through proper legalization) and requiring a photo ID proving your age, would cut a lot of under age use out (not all obviously).

BS it won't stop any.

Look up alcohol and tobacco, never said it was completely harmless, just much less than most "health drugs" and alcohol and tobacco. It's a personal adult choice if regulated correctly.
Casual marijuana use alters brain composition and harms the brain, whereas alcohol and tobacco use don't.

Casual marijuana use creates brain changes new report shows - Health wellness - The Boston Globe

IF YOU DONT THINK ALCOHOL MESSES WITH THE BRAIN IM DONE WITH THE CONVERSATION YOU ARE TOO IGNORANT KEEP DRINKING YOU SHOULDNT SMOKE WEED, STAY UNEVOLVED.

Seriously who thinks it's a good idea to lock people up for possessing a plant that is much safer than alcohol and tobacco? We don't get the revenue, cops are enforcing this instead of actual crimes, and it's so expensive. 1 trillion $ for the war on drugs and all we have to show for it is, oh wait we have nothing to show for it.

DuPont (a corporation) made a weaker plastic than hemp plastic. They got a politician to taint hemp. They went as far as law against the competititon.

Just like cuss words. We Americans repeat what we KNOW instead of THINK.

We currently have dozens of medical conditions hemp could help with. The first John Deere tractor ran on hemp seed oil.

Hemp seed oil today helps with dozens of medical conditions. It's even one of the only known things to cure cancer even though it's extremely prohibited from testing.

I feel bad for big oil and big plastic if Hemp is allowed full scale in the USA.

This video is 1941. How far behind are you and myself?

But if you hit hemp plastic, Crony Capitalism doesn't flourish. Crony Capitalism relies on things to break or requires future profits from.

Kids use fake IDs or use their older friends/siblings to get alcohol. Why wouldn't they for marijuana?

The black market wasn't dried up in Colorado, that's for sure. You can get the same weed but for much cheaper, minus the sales tax, on the black market.

There is a large black market trade for untaxed cigarettes, what makes legalization advocates think it will be any different for marijuana?

Yup because the tax was a wee bit too high, look at Oregon for a great model of legalization. You conservative should know what overtaxation does.

Kids use fake IDs or use their older friends/siblings to get alcohol. Why wouldn't they for marijuana?

Those kids still get it, most can't do that that's why I said it would stop a lot of underage use.

Look up alcohol and tobacco, never said it was completely harmless, just much less than most "health drugs" and alcohol and tobacco. It's a personal adult choice if regulated correctly.
Casual marijuana use alters brain composition and harms the brain, whereas alcohol and tobacco use don't.

Casual marijuana use creates brain changes new report shows - Health wellness - The Boston Globe

IF YOU DONT THINK ALCOHOL MESSES WITH THE BRAIN IM DONE WITH THE CONVERSATION YOU ARE TOO IGNORANT KEEP DRINKING YOU SHOULDNT SMOKE WEED, STAY UNEVOLVED.
There is no evidence casual alcohol use damages or alters the composition of the brain, whereas there is a body of research indicating that cannabis does.

:lol: at being "unevolved". This is a troll right?

It wasn't illegal before it was made illegal. lmao.

Ask our ancestors. Ask them about gays too.

There is no evidence casual alcohol use damages or alters the composition of the brain, whereas there is a body of research indicating that cannabis does.

Have you seen an alcoholic before, there brain is way more screwed than a "potheads" you are unevolved if you think alcohol is safer than pot, really unevolved.

I am explaining that moving towards legalization in my state didn't make it less available to the general public, but more so. His contention was that legalization makes it less available to kids. Either he has no experience with marijuana, is lying to himself, or is high and lacking common sense.

I don't see what faggots have to do with it. Other than that pot makes you gay.

I am explaining that moving towards legalization in my state didn't make it less available to the general public, but more so. His contention was that legalization makes it less available to kids. Either he has no experience with marijuana, is lying to himself, or is high and lacking common sense.

General public should have it be aviable, kids should not, Colorado teens are using at a lower rate than before legalization

Have you seen an alcoholic before, there brain is way more screwed than a "potheads" you are unevolved if you think alcohol is safer than pot, really unevolved.
Alcoholics aren't casual users of alcohol, they are addicts. Casual users of alcohol aren't alcoholics, alcoholics overconsume and don't use casually. So you are bringing up an entirely unrelated point.

I am comparing the brains of casual users of alcohol to casual users of marijuana, and for the latter the brain composition is altered and damaged whereas for the former it isn't.

Alcoholics aren't casual users of alcohol, they are addicts. Casual users of alcohol aren't alcoholics, alcoholics overconsume and don't use casually. So you are bringing up an entirely unrelated point.

I am comparing the brains of casual users of alcohol to casual users of marijuana, and for the latter the brain composition is altered and damaged whereas for the former it isn't.

Even if that was true, isn't it the pot smokers brain, does it hurt someone else's? If not then no one has a right to say what that person can do. Many people screw up their lives with and without drugs, and they all have the right to live life as they see fit. Personal freedom are you against that. Probably not until its something you have no interest in then you want to restrict those rights. Let people live i don't tell you what to do with your life.

General public should have it be aviable, kids should not, Colorado teens are using at a lower rate than before legalization
No they shouldn't have it available. Casual marijuana use damages the brain. There is no evidence that legal marijuana results in lower teen marijuana use rates. To the contrary, rates of use have gone up across all age groups in Colorado.

Marijuana use increases in Colorado according to new federal survey - The Denver Post

Even if that was true, isn't it the pot smokers brain, does it hurt someone else's? If not then no one has a right to say what that person can do. Many people screw up their lives with and without drugs, and they all have the right to live life as they see fit. Personal freedom are you against that. Probably not until its something you have no interest in then you want to restrict those rights. Let people live i don't tell you what to do with your life.
It is true. You sound ignorant not accepting SCIENCE maaaaaaan.

It doesn't really matter whether the use of marijuana doesn't harm me personally, it should still be illegal. There are plenty of things that are illegal that dont hurt me personally, like heroin and meth, and I don't think those should be legal either.

Forum List

Back