Why Should God Let You Into Heaven?

That's OK. I believe in Universal Reconciliation (UR). It is the belief that God will have all mankind to be saved as the Bible so states.

That must be a different Bible than the one I read cover to cover several times....

No argument there. I have posted those very scriptures on here though, right from the King James version. I am totally aware that some Bible versions have changed the wordings to many scriptures.
God's word wasn't good enough, they had men edit it!!! :lol:

And people who renounce God, who reject the gift of salvation, who spit in the face of their creator...they have no right to expect eternal life with the rest of us who embrace God, worship God, and asked for forgiveness. They have rejected grace, they are condemned to a graceless and miserable existence. It's what they want. And they will get it.

You're the one who makes that decision, correct? My my. Such power, such hate.

It ends up that the Universalists hold to the idea that those rejecting Jesus receive the same benefits as those who accept Him. HoweverJesus said Mt. 7:13-15: “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.” Jesus is not saying all will make it, not even many. He said at another time making it even clearer “Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able” (Luke 13:24). Strive has the concept to agonize to get in, in other words repentance is a key part of receiving eternal life.

Notice Jesus said-few who find it. Therefore not many get saved- certainly not all, but a few. So Jesus did not teach that all will be saved.

I posted the scriptures that contradict you. He didn't say people would understand as you demonstrate.

That's OK. I believe in Universal Reconciliation (UR). It is the belief that God will have all mankind to be saved as the Bible so states.

That must be a different Bible than the one I read cover to cover several times....

No argument there. I have posted those very scriptures on here though, right from the King James version. I am totally aware that some Bible versions have changed the wordings to many scriptures.

Yes. They changed the words to imply that God could only wish or desire instead of His having the power to "will". They made Him impotent.

He doesn't save all- what are you talking about? Only those who accept Him as Savior are saved. And the reason you go to Heaven is because of Jesus- that is it. Hell is a real place and everyone is going there who are not born again believers.

Could you give me directions as to exactly where Hell is? I looked it up on my world globe and could not find it anywhere. Hell is merely the grave. The dead are dead period.

Actually, it is you fundamentalist who have proclaimed Christ to have failed miserably in the very mission the Father sent Him to accomplish.

This is Christ's mission as dictated by the Father:

1Jn_4:14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

This is what Paul said about that mission and its final outcome:

1Ti_4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

hell is a real place.

Sadly, there are countless people who twist the Scriptures in an attempt to teach that Hell is not what the Bible says it is... a place of flaming torment.

The Bible contains an overwhelming amount of irrefutable evidence teaching that Hell is indeed a literal place of torment, where those who die in their sins without Jesus Christ are punished in flaming fire and vengeance by God (2nd Thessalonians 1:8,9).
Here are many Scriptures to consider...

Numbers 26:10…

“And the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed them up together with Korah, when that company died, what time the fire devoured two hundred and fifty men: and they became a sign.”

Korah and the men who rebelled with him against Moses were swallowed into Hell beneath.

Psalm 9:17…

“The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.”

Carefully notice that "hell" here cannot merely mean "the grave" as some foolishly teach. For if "hell" only means the grave, then where do the righteous go? The Bible plainly teaches that the righteous and the wicked do NOT go to the same place. The wicked are turned into Hell; but the righteous unto life eternal.

Psalm 139:8…

“If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.”

The contrast here is between Heaven and Hell; not between Heaven and the grave. Also notice the interesting phrase... "If I make my bed in hell." Everyone who goes to Hell chooses to go there by rejecting Jesus as their Christ. It is sinful men who make their own bed in Hell. No sinner must go to Hell. The gift of eternal life is freely offered to all mankind through faith in Christ Jesus (John 14:6; Acts 10:43; Revelation 22:17).

Isaiah 5:14…

“Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it.”

It wouldn't make any sense if "hell" merely meant the grave. What point would there be in condemning the wicked to hell if that's the same place where the righteous go? Clearly, Hell is a place only for the wicked who die in their sins. The righteous go to heaven to be with the Lord (2nd Corinthians 5:8).

Ezekiel 31:16…

“I made the nations to shake at the sound of his fall, when I cast him down to hell with them that descend into the pit…”

Clearly, this Scripture defines "hell" as being more than the grave. The Bible speaks about "descending into the pit." The Bible also speaks of being "cast into Hell," which clearly implies judgment from a holy God. If "hell" merely meant grave as Mormons, Jehovah's Witness and other false prophets teach, then God would have said that the righteous shall be cast into hell too; but the Bible NEVER says that anywhere!!! Only the wicked shall be cast into Hell, a bottomless pit, where Satan is called "the angel of the bottomless pit" (Revelation 9:11).

Matthew 5:28,29…

“But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.”

The Bible plainly teaches that all sinners are condemned to Hell. If "hell" simply means grave, then what harm or worry is there in fornicating, getting drunk, raping, murdering, partying with illegal drugs and committing all sorts of other sins? There would be none. If there is NO place of punishment in eternity, then there is NO justice for all the victims of crimes committed in this earthly life. So then what advantage is there to being righteous? If one believes that the Bible is God's Word, then you absolutely must believe that Hell is a literal place of torment and anguish, that burns with searing flames of fire and brimstone, where sinners are punished for their sins against a holy God.

Matthew 16:18…

“And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.”

This is a very interesting Scripture. The word "gates" denotes the entrance (also the exit) of Hell. I heard one preacher say that the gates of Hell cannot prevent the Gospel from snatching souls from the depths of Hell. Of course, one who dies in their sins without the Lord is hopelessly lost for ever and ever. There are no second chances once a soul leaves this earthly life. There is NO such place as Purgatory and no amount of prayer or contributions to one's church can lessen God's flaming vengeance upon those who die in their sins without Jesus Christ.

This Scripture plainly teaches that the Church's arch enemy is Satan and the forces of Hell. We also see this evidenced by Ephesians 6:12. Our battle is not against flesh and blood (humanity); but against principalities, powers and spiritual wickedness in high places (the gates of Hell).

There is nothing in all those scriptures except your injecting what you think you see there. It's simply not there. If anyone was in a place of fiery punishment, he wouldn't know he was there and would feel no pain.

Ecc_9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

Psa_146:4 His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.

Job_14:21 His sons come to honour, and he knoweth it not; and they are brought low, but he perceiveth it not of them.

Job_21:32 Yet shall he be brought to the grave, and shall remain in the tomb.

Psa_6:5 For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?

Ecc_9:10 Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.

You really do need to get away from false doctrines, my Brother.

this is ot saints and the unsaved who have not been ressurrected yet. After the ressurrection, the body will be reunited with the spirit and we shall live forever- either with God or in the Lake of Fire.

You are totally lacking in comprehending even the most basic of scriptures.

Yes. They changed the words to imply that God could only wish or desire instead of His having the power to "will". They made Him impotent.

The premise of both positions is that God cares. We are a single species on a microscopic bit of grit floating in a universe so large we can barely imagine it. But we have the arrogance to think it was all for us? I have no idea whether or not there is a God, but I am quite certain all of the versions of gods we have worshipped over the millennia we created as a monument to ourselves.

He doesn't save all- what are you talking about? Only those who accept Him as Savior are saved. And the reason you go to Heaven is because of Jesus- that is it. Hell is a real place and everyone is going there who are not born again believers.

Could you give me directions as to exactly where Hell is? I looked it up on my world globe and could not find it anywhere. Hell is merely the grave. The dead are dead period.

Actually, it is you fundamentalist who have proclaimed Christ to have failed miserably in the very mission the Father sent Him to accomplish.

This is Christ's mission as dictated by the Father:

1Jn_4:14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

This is what Paul said about that mission and its final outcome:

1Ti_4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

hell is a real place.

Sadly, there are countless people who twist the Scriptures in an attempt to teach that Hell is not what the Bible says it is... a place of flaming torment.

The Bible contains an overwhelming amount of irrefutable evidence teaching that Hell is indeed a literal place of torment, where those who die in their sins without Jesus Christ are punished in flaming fire and vengeance by God (2nd Thessalonians 1:8,9).
Here are many Scriptures to consider...

Numbers 26:10…

“And the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed them up together with Korah, when that company died, what time the fire devoured two hundred and fifty men: and they became a sign.”

Korah and the men who rebelled with him against Moses were swallowed into Hell beneath.

Psalm 9:17…

“The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.”

Carefully notice that "hell" here cannot merely mean "the grave" as some foolishly teach. For if "hell" only means the grave, then where do the righteous go? The Bible plainly teaches that the righteous and the wicked do NOT go to the same place. The wicked are turned into Hell; but the righteous unto life eternal.

Psalm 139:8…

“If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.”

The contrast here is between Heaven and Hell; not between Heaven and the grave. Also notice the interesting phrase... "If I make my bed in hell." Everyone who goes to Hell chooses to go there by rejecting Jesus as their Christ. It is sinful men who make their own bed in Hell. No sinner must go to Hell. The gift of eternal life is freely offered to all mankind through faith in Christ Jesus (John 14:6; Acts 10:43; Revelation 22:17).

Isaiah 5:14…

“Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it.”

It wouldn't make any sense if "hell" merely meant the grave. What point would there be in condemning the wicked to hell if that's the same place where the righteous go? Clearly, Hell is a place only for the wicked who die in their sins. The righteous go to heaven to be with the Lord (2nd Corinthians 5:8).

Ezekiel 31:16…

“I made the nations to shake at the sound of his fall, when I cast him down to hell with them that descend into the pit…”

Clearly, this Scripture defines "hell" as being more than the grave. The Bible speaks about "descending into the pit." The Bible also speaks of being "cast into Hell," which clearly implies judgment from a holy God. If "hell" merely meant grave as Mormons, Jehovah's Witness and other false prophets teach, then God would have said that the righteous shall be cast into hell too; but the Bible NEVER says that anywhere!!! Only the wicked shall be cast into Hell, a bottomless pit, where Satan is called "the angel of the bottomless pit" (Revelation 9:11).

Matthew 5:28,29…

“But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.”

The Bible plainly teaches that all sinners are condemned to Hell. If "hell" simply means grave, then what harm or worry is there in fornicating, getting drunk, raping, murdering, partying with illegal drugs and committing all sorts of other sins? There would be none. If there is NO place of punishment in eternity, then there is NO justice for all the victims of crimes committed in this earthly life. So then what advantage is there to being righteous? If one believes that the Bible is God's Word, then you absolutely must believe that Hell is a literal place of torment and anguish, that burns with searing flames of fire and brimstone, where sinners are punished for their sins against a holy God.

Matthew 16:18…

“And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.”

This is a very interesting Scripture. The word "gates" denotes the entrance (also the exit) of Hell. I heard one preacher say that the gates of Hell cannot prevent the Gospel from snatching souls from the depths of Hell. Of course, one who dies in their sins without the Lord is hopelessly lost for ever and ever. There are no second chances once a soul leaves this earthly life. There is NO such place as Purgatory and no amount of prayer or contributions to one's church can lessen God's flaming vengeance upon those who die in their sins without Jesus Christ.

This Scripture plainly teaches that the Church's arch enemy is Satan and the forces of Hell. We also see this evidenced by Ephesians 6:12. Our battle is not against flesh and blood (humanity); but against principalities, powers and spiritual wickedness in high places (the gates of Hell).

There is nothing in all those scriptures except your injecting what you think you see there. It's simply not there. If anyone was in a place of fiery punishment, he wouldn't know he was there and would feel no pain.

Ecc_9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

Psa_146:4 His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.

Job_14:21 His sons come to honour, and he knoweth it not; and they are brought low, but he perceiveth it not of them.

Job_21:32 Yet shall he be brought to the grave, and shall remain in the tomb.

Psa_6:5 For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?

Ecc_9:10 Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.

You really do need to get away from false doctrines, my Brother.

this is ot saints and the unsaved who have not been ressurrected yet. After the ressurrection, the body will be reunited with the spirit and we shall live forever- either with God or in the Lake of Fire.

Duhhhh. These scriptures are speaking toward your fictitious hell, not of the Lake of Fire. Two totally different things. Perhaps some Bible study is in order?

Shouldn'ty let me in unless God want easily bored Jews posting neg reviews onl;ine about it:

"God had over 13 billion years to fix up the place and it's still boring." :)

According to Catholic Encyclopedfia, they don't know where Hell is, though many theories exist. I assume it's similar for Heaven. So here's a question,

Where is Heaven?

According to Catholic Encyclopedfia, they don't know where Hell is, though many theories exist. I assume it's similar for Heaven. So here's a question,

Where is Heaven?

Pensacola, FL The qualifications for residing here are very high, by invitation only. Strict background check, etc.

I'd think as alluded to in the Gospel of Thomas, Heaven is whereever you currently are. Otherwise wouldn't you be trying to get there? If content sitting in your bedroom on usmb every morning that must be heaven, or you'd be trying to get to it.

If it is His will, of course. God spoke everything into creation, and so He can do anything He wants to do. But that doesn't mean that He WILL.

I asked this before, but the Christian ran from it;

So this god created you, wrote your DNA. established the conditions in which you live, but YOU should be punished for being what he made you? :eek:

And that doesn't seem just a wee bit absurd to you?
absolutely....but then, it isn't anything more than your fantasy, which might explain the absurdity......my creation, my DNA, my conditions don't control my choices.....it is my choices which determine my eternity......

Your choices are a product of your genetics combined with your environment. Some kid in China doesn't "reject" the goat god. That child is simply raised in an environment what that particular myth is never taken seriously. If the Biblical myth is known at all, it is known on the level of Zeus and Aphrodite. Such a child is not "making a choice," they are simply the product of their environment. IF the goat god were real, and would torture that child for all eternity for the crime of being born in China - which the goat god determined in the first place.

I guess he just gets his jollies torturing people, eh? The Biblical god has a lot in common with Charlie Manson - bit of a psychopath, that one.

If it is His will, of course. God spoke everything into creation, and so He can do anything He wants to do. But that doesn't mean that He WILL.

So this god created you, wrote your DNA. established the conditions in which you live, but YOU should be punished for being what he made you? :eek:

absolutely....but then, it isn't anything more than your fantasy, which might explain the absurdity......my creation, my DNA, my conditions don't control my choices.....it is my choices which determine my eternity......

Your choices are a product of your genetics combined with your environment. Some kid in China doesn't "reject" the goat god. That child is simply raised in an environment what that particular myth is never taken seriously. If the Biblical myth is known at all, it is known on the level of Zeus and Aphrodite. Such a child is not "making a choice," they are simply the product of their environment. IF the goat god were real, and would torture that child for all eternity for the crime of being born in China - which the goat god determined in the first place.

I guess he just gets his jollies torturing people, eh? The Biblical god has a lot in common with Charlie Manson - bit of a psychopath, that one.

Your environment and genetics can influence who you are but it does not have to dominate you and determine who you become.

Through Choice, we can defy whatever Fate the world felt it could assign to us.

Like reality fine, it's the thought of spending the next trillion or more years abiding by reliigous law in "heaven." Heaven to me the complete absence of religious law. :)

Your environment and genetics can influence who you are but it does not have to dominate you and determine who you become.

Again, a child born in a culture where Christianity is viewed as absurd myth is not making a choice to reject the goat god, he is simply following the culture he is brought up in.

IF the goat god were to punish that child for the "crime" of being born in the "wrong" culture, then the goat god is simply evil.

Again, a child born in a culture where Christianity is viewed as absurd myth is not making a choice to reject the goat god, he is simply following the culture he is brought up in.

IF the goat god were to punish that child for the "crime" of being born in the "wrong" culture, then the goat god is simply evil.

Religion is ALWAYS a choice.

Not everyone "follows" and submits to the dominant religion and culture around them.

The little cannibal of the Amazon of bygone days who grew up killing and eating members of a neighboring tribe and worshiping the crocodile god will not faces murder charges in the judgment, you may rest assured of that. Those who never heard of God or Jesus or the Law or the scriptures will not be judged by the same standards as we in this generation and in this culture will be judged. Those will be afforded an opportunity equal to our own or even better during the millennial reign of Christ upon this earth.

The little cannibal of the Amazon of bygone days who grew up killing and eating members of a neighboring tribe and worshiping the crocodile god will not faces murder charges in the judgment, you may rest assured of that. Those who never heard of God or Jesus or the Law or the scriptures will not be judged by the same standards as we in this generation and in this culture will be judged. Those will be afforded an opportunity equal to our own or even better during the millennial reign of Christ upon this earth.

You base this on what? The brutal psychopath that is the god of the Bible says nothing about this - he declares that anyone who does not accept Jesus will be tortured for all eternity - no exceptions.

As if the most powerful being in the Universe need restrict Itself to "Good" or "Evil".

Forum List

Back