Why should we have to tip people for just doing their job?

Have you traveled to areas where tips aren't allowed? What you find rather quickly is that your meal is more expensive and the service almost always sucks! Tipping works rather well actually. Unless of course you ARE cheap!
I have already answered this question in a previous comment, & tipping isn't a law nobody owes anyone anything tipping will be appreciated but isn't a right

These people work hard and are underappreciated.
That is the job they signed up to do, & if they don't like it they should find a better job or a career we shouldn't have to pay someone to do their job when their cheap employer pays the bare minimum and requires them to beg people for tips

Why should a customer have to pay extra money to tip when in all honesty it is the responsibility of the employer to pay his/her employees? If a customer doesn't tip waiters think it's rude or your considered cheap Basically, it's a win-win situation for employers we pay to keep the business running, we tip employees for just doing their job! It has become the norm for decades tips should be banned in America
Economies of scale give us a better deal by increasing the effective minimum wage until we get optimal purchasing power parity.

The employer should show their appreciation monetarily like my employer does.
If you force employers to pay what servers now make in tips...that additional cost WILL be passed along to you in higher menu costs, Milk Weed! At least when you tip you can reward good service and punish bad service. You don't know what bad service is until you visit a locale that doesn't allow tipping.

Why dont they depend on their employers to pay them a decent wage?
If you're a really good server or bartender then you make more in tips than the shitty servers and bartenders. It's an incentive to keep good people doing the job. If everyone makes the same amount the good ones move on and the bad ones never do.

If you're a really good server or bartender then you make more in tips than the shitty servers and bartenders. It's an incentive to keep good people doing the job. If everyone makes the same amount the good ones move on and the bad ones never do.
So why dont all jobs make their employees work for tips then?

No they wont. If they try I just will not eat there.
Do you know what the margins are for restaurants, Milk Weed? You can't jack up the price of labor...their biggest expense...without it being reflected in menu prices. That's not something I'm guessing will happen...that's something I KNOW will happen!

If you force employers to pay what servers now make in tips...that additional cost WILL be passed along to you in higher menu costs, Milk Weed! At least when you tip you can reward good service and punish bad service. You don't know what bad service is until you visit a locale that doesn't allow tipping.
So what; economically speaking, now is the best time to "upgrade to a new equilibrium" for our economy. Capitalism will do what it always does; market based arbitrage. Full employment of capital resources that includes solving simple poverty on an at-will basis in our at-will employment States can provide that "capital horsepower".

So why dont all jobs make their employees work for tips then?
Jobs that don't have tips tend to pay more. Is this really such a strange concept to you guys? C'mon...I thought you two were a bit more worldly than this!

So what; economically speaking, now is the best time to "upgrade to a new equilibrium" for our economy. Capitalism will do what it always does; market based arbitrage. Full employment of capital resources that includes solving simple poverty on an at-will basis in our at-will employment States can provide that "capital horsepower".
LOL...God, you're an idiot!

Forum List

Back