Why stop at free college?

1/3 of folks entering college drop out of college before graduating and that number is on the rise. That means at minimum, 1/3 of the money will be wasted. That figure would probably climb drastically with so many enrolled with no skin in the game.

Why do they drop out?

I would have to say there are a number of reasons. Many kids coming out of high school simply do not know how to take notes and study. I purchased a little tape recorder back in my college days and recorded what was said. Another reason is that many kids have absolutely no idea as to career choice and sign up for the wrong courses for them. If a kid is weak in math skills, he should not attempt to get into engineering or some other field that requires a strong math background. Many kids get into fraternities and party too much. I'm sure there are many other reasons as well. Everyone is an individual.

How bout this?

Free houses

If you normally pay $1000 a month mortgage, you pay an addititional $750 a month in taxes and live in a house provided by the government. Live in it twenty years and it is yours

Government uses the power of large markets and buys land and prefabricated components in bulk to build low cost houses.

If you don't want a government built house, you can still buy your own

I don't want government to feed me, I don't want government telling me where to live, I don't want government providing me healthcare, I don't want government wiping me when I'm done using the toilet.

My mother did these things for me when I was a child. I'm grown up now and don't need government to be my new mother.

I hear you. Most of these morons are happy to be led around by the nose and told what to do. They call that freedom. What a laugher.
It is freedom.

Nobody is forcing you to live in a government provided house, but your housing costs would be a lot less if you do

Why do you deny it to others?

No, because it's not "free". Taxpayers are continually being fleeced to pay for stuff that ordinary citizens could do for themselves. You faith in govt is astounding considering their track record of failure and mediocrity.

Of course it is not free.....you pay an additional $750 a month in taxes to live in a government house. You don't live in one, you don't pay

Why would you be opposed to that?

I suppose I get paid back all the money I PAID to put my kids through college?

My husband and I paid our loans off, we started saving for our children's college before they were even born. I have no desire to pay for some deadbeat's

I know what you mean there. I paid for my three children's college. Why should we pay for someone else's kid's college?

When you make my taxes that go to our bloated military and useless foreign wars voluntary, I'll make your taxes that go to education voluntary.

Talk to Obama, he's been in office now for over seven years.

I pay more in capital gains than you make Dumb Deer

I suspect YOU don't pay it.

You can suspect all day long, Dumb Deer. Now unless you can prove your BS I suggest you just sit there like a good little progtard...maybe you will learn something, loser

Insults aren't much of an argument. You're a stay at home mom.

She is? You mean she doesn't have a job?

Dumb Deer doesn't know squat...as usual the pea brain is making assumptions. You two need to go private and do whatever progtards do in private, it's obvious you're out of your element here

So you do have a job. Great. What kind of job?

How bout this?

Free houses

If you normally pay $1000 a month mortgage, you pay an addititional $750 a month in taxes and live in a house provided by the government. Live in it twenty years and it is yours

Government uses the power of large markets and buys land and prefabricated components in bulk to build low cost houses.

If you don't want a government built house, you can still buy your own

I don't want government to feed me, I don't want government telling me where to live, I don't want government providing me healthcare, I don't want government wiping me when I'm done using the toilet.

My mother did these things for me when I was a child. I'm grown up now and don't need government to be my new mother.

I hear you. Most of these morons are happy to be led around by the nose and told what to do. They call that freedom. What a laugher.
It is freedom.

Nobody is forcing you to live in a government provided house, but your housing costs would be a lot less if you do

Why do you deny it to others?

No, because it's not "free". Taxpayers are continually being fleeced to pay for stuff that ordinary citizens could do for themselves. You faith in govt is astounding considering their track record of failure and mediocrity.

Of course it is not free.....you pay an additional $750 a month in taxes to live in a government house. You don't live in one, you don't pay

Why would you be opposed to that?

An additional 750 in taxes? What else are you paying? If govt wants to build some houses for people and make them pay and at no additional cost to taxpayers, I have no problem with that.

1/3 of folks entering college drop out of college before graduating and that number is on the rise. That means at minimum, 1/3 of the money will be wasted. That figure would probably climb drastically with so many enrolled with no skin in the game.

Why do they drop out?

I would have to say there are a number of reasons. Many kids coming out of high school simply do not know how to take notes and study. I purchased a little tape recorder back in my college days and recorded what was said. Another reason is that many kids have absolutely no idea as to career choice and sign up for the wrong courses for them. If a kid is weak in math skills, he should not attempt to get into engineering or some other field that requires a strong math background. Many kids get into fraternities and party too much. I'm sure there are many other reasons as well. Everyone is an individual.

You are making lots of assumptions and guesses. Why not do some research and know for a fact?

My husband and I paid our loans off, we started saving for our children's college before they were even born. I have no desire to pay for some deadbeat's

I know what you mean there. I paid for my three children's college. Why should we pay for someone else's kid's college?

Another one!! They are all incredible!

If I answer that question for you.....AGAIN....will you pay attention?

You can tell me again as long as we agree that I don't have to accept your excuse for me paying for your kid's college. Meanwhile, remember that you paid nothing toward my kids' college.

Why stop at no help for college students? Why not get rid of public education all together and let all those kids who can't afford to pay for it go without any education?

How soon will that make America better?

Elementary and high school are a necessity to function in our society once you become an adult. College is not. Plenty of people never attended college and do quite fine just working a job or their own business.

Times have change . That's Bernie's argument .

Basically , a high school ed is the equivalent of jr. High head in today's world. Like educational inflation .

I suspect YOU don't pay it.

You can suspect all day long, Dumb Deer. Now unless you can prove your BS I suggest you just sit there like a good little progtard...maybe you will learn something, loser

Dumb Deer doesn't know squat...as usual the pea brain is making assumptions. You two need to go private and do whatever progtards do in private, it's obvious you're out of your element here

Don't you worry your little head about what I do. The thread is about free college, not my personal life

If universities and college are free, what about trade schools? Would be be a nation of Bernie Santa's? Everyone knows the ingredients of a molecule, but no one can unclog a drain.

We have you for that.

Why stop at no help for college students? Why not get rid of public education all together and let all those kids who can't afford to pay for it go without any education?

Elementary and high school are a necessity to function in our society once you become an adult. College is not. Plenty of people never attended college and do quite fine just working a job or their own business.

Basically , a high school ed is the equivalent of jr. High head in today's world. Like educational inflation .

Then start saving or take out loans, nobody owes you free college

Every fucking USMB nutbag is an regular American success story. Why the hell are they all so miserable?

Well, in fairness, it's not like they only pick on poor people when they're complaining about their taxes.

When's the last time you heard someone like Sassy say she'd be willing to have her taxes raised to pay for all the defense spending and warmongering that's adding to our national debt?

These RWnuts are bigger freeloaders than the poor.

Whether she would agree to higher taxes or not, she would still be paying taxes unlike the poor that pay nothing into our income tax system, and reap the benefits of social programs at the same time.

The poor don't have the money to pay you idiot.

btw, Sassysass takes deductions for 6 kids. I pay for that.

You don't pay for anything. That only takes place in your delusional world where you believe all money is governments first, and what they allow you to have is a present to you.

In the real world, when government gives you a deduction, it means they are taking LESS OF YOUR MONEY. You don't pay a dime for it.

If the poor don't have the money, why is it DumBama increased their cigarette taxes the first thing he got into office. If the poor don't have the money, how are they affording healthcare insurance now mandated by the dictator? If the poor don't have the money, how are they going to afford increased electricity rates since DumBama ordered coal fired power plants to shut down, and forced the remaining ones he left open to invest multi-millions into cleaner energy?

Those poor people always seem to have the money for liberal scams, but not enough money to pay income tax.

Why do they drop out?

You are making lots of assumptions and guesses. Why not do some research and know for a fact?

I know these are facts. My own son had a problem with career choice. He first chose computer science and wasted a semester on that before finally going into electrical engineering. He also had a problem taking notes and joined a fraternity that took up a lot of his time. I'm sure you know a lot more than anyone else though.

Education used to end in eighth grade

That's because schools are more worried about social issues than learning. I'm not sure why we give 12 years of mediocre schooling and follow it up with four more years of mediocre schooling. Why not improve the K -12 model and go from there?

Don't you worry your little head about what I do. The thread is about free college, not my personal life

All of a sudden....you don't want to talk about yourself. You've told us what your husband does and how you have kiddies and live so well. Why not just tell us what line of work you are in?

That's because schools are more worried about social issues than learning. I'm not sure why we give 12 years of mediocre schooling and follow it up with four more years of mediocre schooling. Why not improve the K -12 model and go from there?
Schools still teach Math, Science, Literature, History....where do you live?

I disagree .

If our schools are as shitty as everyone likes to say, how do we graduate so many stellar students who make the us a world leader in just about everything .

Forum List

Back