Why the left wing embraces radical muslim terrorists....

Well you promote this guy as some kind of role model. And I have pointed out that things might not be that clear cut.

But its clear that you think he is above scrutiny.
What is clear is that you're trying to blame the messenger to avoid the point.

What is not clear is how you think you'll get away with it.
Ive posted up an article which suggests that Maajid is bought and paid for. Its not about you. Deal with the article rather than try and make it about yourself.
Post 3 is my point. Who the Regressive Left is.

If you want to disagree with the point made there, do so.

Anything else is transparent deflection.

Watch him deflect this:

Name some Americans of consequence who fit the description of those described in your Post 3.
Why?
Because you made the claim.

Ive posted up an article which suggests that Maajid is bought and paid for. Its not about you. Deal with the article rather than try and make it about yourself.

Watch him deflect this:

Name some Americans of consequence who fit the description of those described in your Post 3.
Why?
If someone is going to deny the behaviors of the Regressive Left, I already know there is absolutely nothing I can say or provide that will get them to admit otherwise.

Nothing. Period. An abject waste of time.

Faced with that situation, would you put forth the effort? Really?

If someone is going to deny the behaviors of the Regressive Left, I already know there is absolutely nothing I can say or provide that will get them to admit otherwise.

Well, it would be nice if you came up with real evidence, other than your own platitudes about the"Regressive left". (i.e. people who don't accept your Islamophobia and white male greivence nonsense.)

Watch him deflect this:

Why?

I just want to see some real examples as opposed generalizations you trot out every time there is a discussion on Islam.

I have not seen anyone defend or even express tolerance for terrorism, or the more extreme ways Islam is practiced in some parts of the world.

Well, it would be nice if you came up with real evidence, other than your own platitudes about the"Regressive left". (i.e. people who don't accept your Islamophobia and white male greivence nonsense.)
I'm glad that it would be nice.

I don't care.

Watch him deflect this:

Why?

I just want to see some real examples as opposed generalizations you trot out every time there is a discussion on Islam.

I have not seen anyone defend or even express tolerance for terrorism, or the more extreme ways Islam is practiced in some parts of the world.
Take a look at what happened here, for the thousandth time: I made a point, triggered a few Regressives, and off we go. And I know that no matter how much "proof" I provide, it will never, ever be "good enough". I've played that game with them a thousand times here, and I no longer do so.

Look at how important it is to them that they "beat" me, "prove" me "wrong", "discredit" me, whatever. Clearly their self-esteem is tied pretty closely to USMB.

I simply have no such need. This is an internet message board. An interesting place to observe. That's it.

If you really don't see the behaviors I describe regarding the Regressive Left, there is nothing I can say to help. That's fine with me.

Let me graphically illustrate it for you:
39_zpshgkmpxdg.gif~original

We live in a country where religious and personal freedom is foundational.

We may not agree with your faith but we will fight for your right to follow it.

We live under a Constitution that sets out those rights and laws which create boundaries for those rights so they do not impinge on the rights of others.

We should not be judging the many by the actions of the few.

As a leftist that is what I believe and it is from that perspective that I see most of the left here speaking from.

Take a look at what happened here, for the thousandth time: I made a point, triggered a few Regressives, and off we go. And I know that no matter how much "proof" I provide, it will never, ever be "good enough". I've played that game with them a thousand times here, and I no longer do so.

The problem is your "proof" is usually flawed.

For instance, you cited that "Female Genital Mutilation" is PROOF THE MUZZIES ARE EEEEEEEEEEVIL.

Um. Okay.

Except Christians do it, too, in that part of the world.
And the practice predates Islam and Christianity. (they've found mummies with the procedure done to them.)
AND it's not called for anywhere in the Koran or any other Islamic theological writings.

SO you weren't told "it was a good example", you were presented with ACTUAL FLAWS IN YOUR ARGUMENT.

Now, you are right in that the internet is an echo chamber, and bad information gets repeated and repeated. But there is an obligation to be thorough in your arguments if you want to present yourself as an intellectual.

It would also be nice if you showed as much ire at outright racists on this board that you show for 'regressives" who don't accept your premises.

The problem is your "proof" is usually flawed.

For instance, you cited that "Female Genital Mutilation" is PROOF THE MUZZIES ARE EEEEEEEEEEVIL.

Um. Okay.

Except Christians do it, too, in that part of the world.
And the practice predates Islam and Christianity. (they've found mummies with the procedure done to them.)
AND it's not called for anywhere in the Koran or any other Islamic theological writings.

SO you weren't told "it was a good example", you were presented with ACTUAL FLAWS IN YOUR ARGUMENT.

Now, you are right in that the internet is an echo chamber, and bad information gets repeated and repeated. But there is an obligation to be thorough in your arguments if you want to present yourself as an intellectual.

It would also be nice if you showed as much ire at outright racists on this board that you show for 'regressives" who don't accept your premises.
I'm glad it would be nice.

I don't care.

You just don't want to believe that.

Watch him deflect this:

Why?

Look at how important it is to them that they "beat" me, "prove" me "wrong", "discredit" me, whatever. Clearly their self-esteem is tied pretty closely to USMB.

I simply have no such need. This is an internet message board. An interesting place to observe. That's it.

If you really don't see the behaviors I describe regarding the Regressive Left, there is nothing I can say to help. That's fine with me.

Let’s go back to the beginning here.

Look at the OP title.

Read the Op.

Then look at your first response to the thread.

Putting them all together, my take on it is: the OP claims the left supports the stoning of people, the murder of gays and Islamic terrorism because the left refuses to jump on the “ all Islam is evil” bandwagon. Your reply implies agreement.

People have asked for real life examples of leftists of consequence who support that. I might have missed the reply but I didn’t see it.

If some one supports any of what I said above I would condemn it.

Let’s go back to the beginning here.

Look at the OP title.

Read the Op.

Then look at your first response to the thread.

Putting them all together, my take on it is: the OP claims the left supports the stoning of people, the murder of gays and Islamic terrorism because the left refuses to jump on the “ all Islam is evil” bandwagon. Your reply implies agreement.

People have asked for real life examples of leftists of consequence who support that. I might have missed the reply but I didn’t see it.

If some one supports any of what I said above I would condemn it.
If a person says that the Regressives support jihadism, I will disagree with them. It only seems that way.

What I have said about a thousand times now, and will be happy to say again, is that the Left uses an "Oppressed/Oppressor" template that they apply to virtually every relationship. When they have identified the "Oppressed" party, they will spin for it, deflect for it, attack for it and defend it no matter what - up to and including a point at which they are literally enabling further poor behaviors by that group.

Islam (not jihadism) is one of the Left's pet constituent oppressed groups. A longer list:

Oppressed/Oppressor
Islam/Christians
Islamic Countries/America
Blacks/Whites
Women/Men
Atheists/Christians
Liberals/Conservatives
Gays/Straights
Criminals/Cops
The World/America
Poor/Rich
Employees/Employers
Unsuccessful/Successful
Government/Corporations

On and on.

If you disagree, and I suspect you do, then we disagree. And that's that.

Last edited:
Well you promote this guy as some kind of role model. And I have pointed out that things might not be that clear cut.

But its clear that you think he is above scrutiny.

Watch him deflect this:

Why?

To demonstrate to us that you're not delusional.

[
Take a look at what happened here, for the thousandth time: I made a point, triggered a few Regressives, and off we go. And I know that no matter how much "proof" I provide, it will never, ever be "good enough".

The proof asked for was simply some names of American Liberals who support Islamist terrorism.

That's your accusation. Your broad brush. Back it up with some real life people.

Don't feel bad. None of your Rightwing pals have any examples either.

Why is this in "General Discussion" and not in Conspiracy or Humor?

Forum List

Back