Why the lefties on this site think impeachment will cost republicans.

I doubt that much of the swing vote in the various states that swung back to the GOP this election did so because they were keen on impeachment.

It's most likely that they were most keen on seeing the GOP get something done, specifically, anything other than impeachment.
Terrible logic. If the voters simply wanted things done they would have elected dems. Anyone with half a brain knew electing the gop would result in stopping Obama.

What happened to the economy and jobs being the voters' main concern? Jobs? How many jobs will impeachment create?

There's a bi-partisan immigration bill that would become law if Boehner would let the House vote on it. Boehner refuses to,
and then talks about impeaching the president if he uses his executive perogatives on immigration.

BZZZT Wrong, nothing whatsoever to do with race!

What did impeachment of Bill Clinton cost the Republicans?

They have lost 5 out of the last 6 presidential elections.

Clinton left office with his approval in the 60's. Do the same thing to Obama and his rating will also soar.

Impeachment is a fool's errand.

Off you go!

Is that right Comrade?

Let's see, the last 6 presidential elections were 1992, 1996, 2000, 2004, 2008, and 2012.

1992 - prior to the impeachment of Bill Clinton, the democrat won.

1996 - prior to the impeachment of Bill Clinton, the democrat won.

2000 - AFTER the impeachment of Bill Clinton, the democrat LOST.

2004 - AFTER the impeachment of Bill Clinton, the democrat LOST.

In fact of the 4 presidential election AFTER the impeachment of Bill Clinton, the democrat LOST 50% of the time - the two directly after,t he democrats lost 100% of.

In fact, it took a financial meltdown for the democrats to begin winning elections again.

So tell me again comrade, IF the Mafia thug in the White House.is impeached for interstate extortion, removed from office, tried as the criminal he is, and put in prison; what is the expected outcome - based on the above history?

stupid.gif

Obama is black & they see EVERYTHING through that lense first & foremost. Color>constitutional issues to these guys.

The true racists are exposed

The impeachment of Clinton caused the GOP to lose a 6th year midterm election that is otherwise virtually a lock for the party out of the whitehouse to win.

Had they had a 'normal' midterm, the GOP might have gotten a 60 seat majority in the Senate.

Obama is black & they see EVERYTHING through that lense first & foremost. Color>constitutional issues to these guys.

LOL....I have seen post after post by conservatives saying that the only reason Obama won't be impeached is because he is black.

Do you hold Conservatives to these same standards?

As a proud member of the Left, I am fairly confident that Boehner and McConnell are too smart to proceed to impeachment- and the reason why I think it would cost Republicans is because it would be seen to be a blatantly political move.

Clinton left office with his approval in the 60's. Do the same thing to Obama and his rating will also soar.

Off you go!
You're right about the high approval ratings, D_T. Maybe Obama should sign an Executive Order to approve blow jobs in the Oval Office with the stipulation they be video recorded and replayed during next day press briefings and voted on by reporters for style, technique and approval points. He could possibly leave the White House with a 110% approval rating. (given the libs propensity for padding votes)

Well that would win him a lot of Conservatives votes....but personally I think it would be a bad idea.

Foolish to waste time on impeachment.

Time that could be used to gather evidence for a thoroughgoing treason trial in 2017.

Yeah- because we certainly don't want Congress actually working on the economy or any of that kind of stuff.....when they could be pursuing political crimes....

Off you go!
?? So Bush was elected when?

Why would Congress waste any time on legislation when they know that anything the set out to accomplish will either be vetoed or overriden by an unconstitutional Executive Order?

Why would Congress waste any time on legislation when they know that anything the set out to accomplish will either be vetoed or overriden by an unconstitutional Executive Order?

The veto is now unconstitutional?

lol, now I am sure that the RWnuts live, literally, in another world.

LOL....I have seen post after post by conservatives saying that the only reason Obama won't be impeached is because he is black.

As a proud member of the Left, I am fairly confident that Boehner and McConnell are too smart to proceed to impeachment- and the reason why I think it would cost Republicans is because it would be seen to be a blatantly political move.
Not at all. I bet 40% of the righties on here are racist tards. Irrelevant to my topic however.

If Americans wanted a flood of new Mexicans they would have elected dems to a majority. Hence if obama crosses the line he should be held to account.

It really is that simple. We rule by vote, not decree

The veto is now unconstitutional?

lol, now I am sure that the RWnuts live, literally, in another world.

What part of the word "OR" do you find so challenging?

Time that could be used to gather evidence for a thoroughgoing treason trial in 2017.

Yeah- because we certainly don't want Congress actually working on the economy or any of that kind of stuff.....when they could be pursuing political crimes....
Like when the left focused on fucking healthcare for the two years directly after the financial collapse?

Come on dude. Get real

Not at all. I bet 40% of the righties on here are racist tards. Irrelevant to my topic however.

If Americans wanted a flood of new Mexicans they would have elected dems to a majority. Hence if obama crosses the line he should be held to account.

It really is that simple. We rule by vote, not decree

The part of me that would like to ensure that the next President is Democrat would love to see Republicans push for impeachment.

But the part of me that is a proud American knows that impeachment that is seen as a purely political move by voters, will have disastrous repercussions. As such, I am fairly confident that Boehner and McConnell will not go for impeachment.

Like when the left focused on fucking healthcare for the two years directly after the financial collapse?

Come on dude. Get real

Yeah- because we certainly don't want Congress actually working on the economy or any of that kind of stuff.....when they could be pursuing political crimes..

Forum List

Back