Why the lefties on this site think impeachment will cost republicans.

Sometimes you have to lead the horse to water:

Majority say no to impeachment and lawsuit

A CNN/ORC International poll released Friday morning also indicates that a small majority of Americans do not believe that Obama has gone too far in expanding the powers of the presidency.

A majority do not believe he has gone too far.

But according to the poll, only 35% want Obama impeached, with nearly two-thirds saying the President should not be removed from office.

A supermajority opposed to impeachment.

It's up to you now whether or not to drink the water, Grampa, and stop drinking the piss.
that 1/3rd is the GOP......
You're borderlining on ignore welfare whore
facts suck huh

You can stick your finger in the wind all you want poll boy.
Funny considering you usually mock people who cite polls.

Hypocrite
Show me where I mocked people who cite polls.
I'm not diggin through pre Obama election posts. You did, I saw it, end of discussion
Of course you aren't going to provide evidence. Because you are lying.
I have never lied on this site. I'm simply not interested in your cat & mouse game.
Not important enough to be bothered
You made up a lie. You got called on it.

You lied.
You got caught. Don't trip taterchip.

A CNN/ORC International poll released Friday morning also indicates that a small majority of Americans do not believe that Obama has gone too far in expanding the powers of the presidency.

But according to the poll, only 35% want Obama impeached, with nearly two-thirds saying the President should not be removed from office.

It's up to you now whether or not to drink the water, Grampa, and stop drinking the piss.
facts suck huh
Not as much as leeches like you sucking up my tax dollars off the welfare system.
I remember you once had a real delima on your hands. Which video game to buy cause you only had money for one despite being on welfare.

Life is so cruel sometimes

facts suck huh
Not as much as leeches like you sucking up my tax dollars off the welfare system.
I remember you once had a real delima on your hands. Which video game to buy cause you only had money for one despite being on welfare.

you literally have nothing

The Republicans do not have an agenda to impeach Obama.
Since the start of the 113th Congress last year, Democrats have used the word “impeach” or “impeachment” regarding Obama 86 times, according to a review of the Congressional Record by The Hill.

Utterances on the floor from Republicans about impeaching Obama, in contrast, have been relatively rare. Only three Republicans in this Congress have raised the subject on the House floor, and the words have been used a total of four times by GOP members.
Most of the talk has come from House Democrats, with Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (Texas) alone using the words 18 times in two separate speeches late last month.
In the Senate, where the GOP hopes to retake a majority this fall (which they did), not a single Republican has mentioned impeachment on the floor over the last couple of years.
Dems talk about impeachment 20 times as much as Republicans TheHill
This is one of the most profound cases of willful blindness out there.

This delusion that the Right has not been threatening or calling for Obama's impeachment is downright Orwellian.

Hey, dipshit. Did you notice that article carefully framed the matter on just speeches in Congress, and that it doesn't mention the impeachment drumbeat in the right wing media?

Right wing media does not have the authority or the power to impeach him.
I have said this many times on this board that right and left wing media opinion shows is influencing the people's thinking.
How many times have I said for many of you to read the bills and watch c-span?

facts suck huh

Irony

facts suck huh

Irony
and anohter thing you know nothing about.

facts suck huh

What's that? A kind of citrus fruit?

facts suck huh

He apparently has booze.

facts suck huh

He apparently has booze.
Funny. In fact there is not a single drop in my house. Thanks for the reminder!

facts suck huh

He apparently has booze.
Funny. In fact there is not a single drop in my house. Thanks for the reminder!
Yes...I'm sure it's all gone. :D

Obama is black & they see EVERYTHING through that lense first & foremost. Color>constitutional issues to these guys.

The true racists are exposed

Impeachment won't be the only thing that costs them, if they do nothing, it will cost them, if they enact their agenda, it will cost them. They kind of have themselves in a lose - lose scenario.

The Republicans do not have an agenda to impeach Obama.
Since the start of the 113th Congress last year, Democrats have used the word “impeach” or “impeachment” regarding Obama 86 times, according to a review of the Congressional Record by The Hill.

Utterances on the floor from Republicans about impeaching Obama, in contrast, have been relatively rare. Only three Republicans in this Congress have raised the subject on the House floor, and the words have been used a total of four times by GOP members.
Most of the talk has come from House Democrats, with Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (Texas) alone using the words 18 times in two separate speeches late last month.
In the Senate, where the GOP hopes to retake a majority this fall (which they did), not a single Republican has mentioned impeachment on the floor over the last couple of years.
Dems talk about impeachment 20 times as much as Republicans TheHill

Strange that the Polls tell a very different story!

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/31/u...ulling-the-gop-apart.html?_r=0&abt=0002&abg=1

upload_2014-11-14_16-37-7.png

Where did 57% of Republicans get the idea of impeaching Obama from?

3 reasons John Boehner opted to sue Obama rather than impeach video - CSMonitor.com

So why did the GOP try to make impeachment go away?

The GOP needs impeachment to go away 8212 along with its lawsuit against Obama - The Washington Post

Republicans are in a hurry to stop talking about impeachment -- so much so that even Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.), who usually lines up with the most conservative Republicans on pretty much anything, is trying to change the subject.

And a new poll shows precisely why: It's because it's killing the GOP among swing voters.

The McClatchy-Marist College poll shows political moderates oppose the impeachment of Obama 79 percent to 15 percent. That's a stunning margin. And not only that, if the House GOP did initiate impeachment proceedings, moderates say it would turn them off so much that they would be pulled toward the Democrats. By 49-27, moderates say impeachment would make them more likely to vote Democratic than Republican in 2014.

So let's stop trying to rewrite history here.

The extreme hard rightwing wanted to impeach Obama and the establishment squashed it because it was going to kill them in the midterms.

Now that is over they are making veiled threats regarding Obama using the EO power on immigration.

I doubt that much of the swing vote in the various states that swung back to the GOP this election did so because they were keen on impeachment.

It's most likely that they were most keen on seeing the GOP get something done, specifically, anything other than impeachment.
And when the GOP manages to do nothing again those voters will swing back to the democrats in 2016.

...and back to the GOP in 2018...

Obama is black & they see EVERYTHING through that lense first & foremost. Color>constitutional issues to these guys.

The true racists are exposed

Other than Obama is black...What legal grounds do Republicans have to impeach?

Teleprompter reading?
Excessive bowing?
Golfing while President?
Fuck off scrub

Other than being black while President, what laws has Obama broken?

Are you implying that Obama hasn't set legal precedent?

:lmao:
In terms of Executive Orders? No he hasnt

Forum List

Back