Why the liberals are lossing the debate about guns.

Is there a reason these libtards only argue on hearsay and emotion?

The extreme pro gun people seem to have thrown out common sense and are just droids for the gun companies. I must buy more guns and they must be the biggest and have the largest magazines.... Why is that?

The extreme pro gun people seem to have thrown out common sense and are just droids for the gun companies. I must buy more guns and they must be the biggest and have the largest magazines.... Why is that?

"Brain357"? Ha! Are you kidding? If you had half a brain you'd be dangerous.
This has nothing to do with guns. It has everything to do with the rights of private citizens to protect themselves, their family and property from government oppression.

"Brain357"? Ha! Are you kidding? If you had half a brain you'd be dangerous.
This has nothing to do with guns. It has everything to do with the rights of private citizens to protect themselves, their family and property from government oppression.

Look if your fighting the government with guns, you'll be just as dead if you have a machine gun or a revolver. Your brain would be your best weapon for fighting oppression now, not guns. Of course given our long history as a country, I'm not too worried about protecting myself from government oppression.

I'm using my own brains by keeping a low profile and not letting anyone know how many or what kind of weapons I might have or where they may be.
Also, I'm not fool enough to stand up against a formed military unit. The "minutemen" taught us that.

Quick question.....................why didn't we scream about government oppression when Jr. was in office?

I'm using my own brains by keeping a low profile and not letting anyone know how many or what kind of weapons I might have or where they may be.
Also, I'm not fool enough to stand up against a formed military unit. The "minutemen" taught us that.

Question...................if you're not willing to let the government know what kind of weapons you have, nor are you willing to tell them what you have, how is that in compliance with the 2nd Amendment (which calls for a well regulated militia)?

Additionally.................why would you have to stand up against a formed military unit? Are you really that scared of the government?

If so, quit watching FOX News.

You aren't very bright at all. With the gun shortages as they are people who have the money when they find good deals will buy more than one if they are lucky enough to find more than one.

So.....................wanna explain the problems with straw purchasers buying 20 guns or more and giving them to someone else in the parking lot?

I go too gun shows that's total bull shit. Because they do background checks at gun shows.

of course they do

WOW dude. Where I come from, when you are planning to rise up against your duly elected governmnet (like you evidentally are planning) we call people like you "traitors".

You a traitor to your country dude?

Actually, the main place straw purchasers show up at is in gun shows, because there is no limit to the amount of guns you can buy, nor is there a red flag that goes up when you buy a whole bunch.

Yeah..................there are some that go to gun shops and do that, but it's not as often as they go to gun shows.

if gun shows do not require a background check

there is no need for a straw purchaser period

Wrong.......................red flags go up all over the place if you buy in bulk, which is why you need the straw purchaser at the gun shows, just in case one of those flags makes people take a harder look at you.

One gun? Easy. Two guns? Questions start being asked.

10 or more guns? They're gonna check you out.

The next time ABS talks about an issue he actually know something about will be the first time he talks about an issue he actually know something about...

I love how liberals just make shit up as they go along. I just got done arguing with "Grandma" (and destroyed her with facts) because she thinks hand-guns and shotguns are ok but the rifle used in Newtown should be banned because it's too dangerous and many more children in Newtown would have survived if the shooter was limited to a shotgun or a handgun :lmao:

Like all liberals, she was so ignorant of the topic and so uninformed about the issue, she had no idea that the rifle used was a semi-automatic just like every handgun of the past 100 years and that a shotgun is exponentially more dangerous because it fires a dozen or more projectiles that spread out with each pull of the trigger while the semi-automatic rifle fires one bullet with each pull of the trigger :lmao:

It's absolutely astounding how stupid liberals are. There is truly no limit.

Actually, the main place straw purchasers show up at is in gun shows, because there is no limit to the amount of guns you can buy, nor is there a red flag that goes up when you buy a whole bunch.

Yeah..................there are some that go to gun shops and do that, but it's not as often as they go to gun shows.

Wrong.......................red flags go up all over the place if you buy in bulk, which is why you need the straw purchaser at the gun shows, just in case one of those flags makes people take a harder look at you.
This is a lie.
No one will "check out" anyone that buys any number of guns through a private sale regardless of where the sale takes place; as private sales do not require a background check, there is no need for a straw purchaser.

You aren't very bright at all. With the gun shortages as they are people who have the money when they find good deals will buy more than one if they are lucky enough to find more than one.

So.....................wanna explain the problems with straw purchasers buying 20 guns or more and giving them to someone else in the parking lot?
The "problem"?
Enforcement. The act you describe is a felony.

The extreme pro gun people seem to have thrown out common sense...
"Common sense" with regard to gun laws requires:
1- The law in question is necessarily effective in its intended effect
2- The law in question does not infringe on the rights of the law abiding.
Otherwise, there's -no- sense in having said law.

Let me know if you find any "common sense" gun laws.

Last edited:
Question...................if you're not willing to let the government know what kind of weapons you have, nor are you willing to tell them what you have, how is that in compliance with the 2nd Amendment (which calls for a well regulated militia)?
The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home

Last edited:
WOW dude. Where I come from, when you are planning to rise up against your duly elected governmnet (like you evidentally are planning) we call people like you "traitors".

You a traitor to your country dude?

Did you see anything in the post about planning to rise up against "your duly elected government"?

Would you consider a person who fights against a military coup to be traitors? Certainly such a scenario contemplates opposing elements of the US military, but I would consider those elements to be traitors, and those who resist such traitors to be patriots... how about you?

What about a president who cancels elections, declares himself El Presidente for life and throws Congress and SCOTUS into Ft Leavenworth? Is one a traitor or a patriot to oppose such action, or must we meekly follow the dictates of El Presidente?

Please distinguish revolt against lawful governmental authority and resistance to unlawful governmental usurpations of power...

Remember what I told you I would do if you made that claim?

Liar.

The numbers in that study are based on a decades old study where they made things up. There is absolutely no way that more than 10% of gun sales in this country do not go through a dealer.

One more time... You are misunderstanding what I am saying.

I believe you THINK I am saying that "40% of all sales in the USA are done without background checks". That is NOT what I am saying. The study you think I am relying upon is about 20 years old and is based upon poor methodology and done in the early years of NICS.

The study that I am relying upon is rather recent and found in the document I linked. It deals only with sales made by private sellers and does not purport to apply that figure to all firearm sales.

Thus, IT DOES NOT SAY THAT 30% OF ALL SALES DO NOT HAVE A BACKGROUND CHECK.

What it says is

30% of those transactions in California involving a private seller who is not required by federal law to perform a NICS background check, are made with a background check. The remaining 70% of PRIVATE SALES in California which do not otherwise require a NICS background check pursuant to federal law are not made with a background check.

Yo.................Queerbait WindHag................got a link to prove it's only 10 percent or less?

Because everything I've seen on the news says that around 40 percent of the gun sales are done WITHOUT a dealer, especially at gun shows where straw buyers like to show up at.

That is a bullshit claim you saw on the hate sites like Common Dreams or ThinkProgress.

We all, including you, know full well that it's a lie - i mean, leftists are without even a hint of integrity, so lying is a given.

{Checking the 40 percent number is difficult, but I think it’s worth doing some basic math. There are about 310 million firearms in the U.S., and most recent years have seen 10 to 15 million background checks for gun purchases from dealers. (Background checks do not have a one-to-one relationship to completed sales, but they serve as a decent proxy and we lack other data.) In a year with 15 million dealer sales, it would take 10 million private sales for the 40 percent number to be true, meaning that about 3 percent of privately owned guns would change hands that year.}

Private Gun Sales: The Numbers - By Robert VerBruggen - The Corner - National Review Online

Most sales at a gun show are made by federally licensed firearms dealers - about 95% of them. A background check IS required.

Biker is lying - or rather chanting a mantra from the hate sites that is a lie.

How the fuck would you know?

You've never even held a firearm, much less been to a gun show. There are very few private sales at gun shows, it's all dealers. The few private parties that are present have 1 or 2 guns to sell.

Forum List

Back