Why the liberals are lossing the debate about guns.

why do you believe that a criminal is going to obey a magazine limit

I hear this one alot. Why is it that criminals aren't using machine guns and grenades? Do they choose to follow the laws against those?

Criminals don't use machine guns because they don't want to pay the taxes for the permit and while the Democrats don't seem to enforce the laws concerning firearms (so there'll be more incidents so they can continue to advance their agenda), they DO enforce the tax laws.

The extreme pro gun people seem to have thrown out common sense and are just droids for the gun companies. I must buy more guns and they must be the biggest and have the largest magazines.... Why is that?

"Brain357"? Ha! Are you kidding? If you had half a brain you'd be dangerous.
This has nothing to do with guns. It has everything to do with the rights of private citizens to protect themselves, their family and property from government oppression.

Look if your fighting the government with guns, you'll be just as dead if you have a machine gun or a revolver. Your brain would be your best weapon for fighting oppression now, not guns. Of course given our long history as a country, I'm not too worried about protecting myself from government oppression.

If I was fighting the government with guns you might have a point, I am actually fighting them with words, which is why, in the end, I will win. You, on the other hands, are so confused that you think this is about guns instead of fundamental freedoms.

Quick question.....................why didn't we scream about government oppression when Jr. was in office?

If I had to guess I would say that it is because you are a drooling idiot that always supports the government.

I, on the other hand, did speak up against it.

I'm using my own brains by keeping a low profile and not letting anyone know how many or what kind of weapons I might have or where they may be.
Also, I'm not fool enough to stand up against a formed military unit. The "minutemen" taught us that.

Question...................if you're not willing to let the government know what kind of weapons you have, nor are you willing to tell them what you have, how is that in compliance with the 2nd Amendment (which calls for a well regulated militia)?

Additionally.................why would you have to stand up against a formed military unit? Are you really that scared of the government?

If so, quit watching FOX News.

How is it not in compliance with it?

Question...................if you're not willing to let the government know what kind of weapons you have, nor are you willing to tell them what you have, how is that in compliance with the 2nd Amendment (which calls for a well regulated militia)?

They can know when I show up as a volunteer for duty in a well regulated militia... just like they have done in the past. You do realize that a "well regulated militia" is a militia which has been properly trained so as to be an effective fighting force correct? And that a militia is a fighting force composed of ordinary citizens who train only part time while maintaining their regular jobs and places of residence, right? And that the first phrase of the 2nd provides a reason for the second phrase of the 2nd and does not act as a condition or limitation on the right of the people to keep and bear arms, right?

Additionally.................why would you have to stand up against a formed military unit? Are you really that scared of the government?

That is only one of the reasons as there are many more, such as acting as a defense force to guard against foreign invasions, to enforce the laws of the land and, surprisingly, to put down insurrections. As for the purpose of contesting usurpations of power by our own government, it has worked remarkably well as a deterrent which is exactly what Madison envisioned in Federalist #46... hopefully that is all that will be necessary.

The Avalon Project : Federalist No 46

If I was fighting the government with guns you might have a point, I am actually fighting them with words, which is why, in the end, I will win. You, on the other hands, are so confused that you think this is about guns instead of fundamental freedoms.

Nah, he knows that he is at war against civil rights.

The Obamunist left wants one thing, absolute and unquestioning obedience to the party and it's ruler. Stripping civil rights is a means to that end.

That is the problem with you righties. You don't recognize the debate is about lives and not guns?

Last edited:

The Obamunist left wants one thing, absolute and unquestioning obedience to the party and it's ruler. Stripping civil rights is a means to that end.

Taking lives are a "civil right?"

The extreme pro gun people seem to have thrown out common sense and are just droids for the gun companies. I must buy more guns and they must be the biggest and have the largest magazines.... Why is that?

"Brain357"? Ha! Are you kidding? If you had half a brain you'd be dangerous.
This has nothing to do with guns. It has everything to do with the rights of private citizens to protect themselves, their family and property from government oppression.

Look if your fighting the government with guns, you'll be just as dead if you have a machine gun or a revolver. Your brain would be your best weapon for fighting oppression now, not guns. Of course given our long history as a country, I'm not too worried about protecting myself from government oppression.

If our government is using tanks, missiles, helicopters and jets against us, the interpretation of the Second Amendment is the LEAST of our problems.

if gun shows do not require a background check

there is no need for a straw purchaser period
Wrong.......................red flags go up all over the place if you buy in bulk, which is why you need the straw purchaser at the gun shows, just in case one of those flags makes people take a harder look at you.
One gun? Easy. Two guns? Questions start being asked.
10 or more guns? They're gonna check you out.
This is a lie.
No one will "check out" anyone that buys any number of guns through a private sale regardless of where the sale takes place; as private sales do not require a background check, there is no need for a straw purchaser.

M14, I've learned to even stop arguing on the Second Amendment with these people, I've learned that they think government is their friend, and that government want to protect them.

I've also learned that most people don't know that the entire US Court system operates under Admiralty Jurisdiction, something my parents had taught me, and I assumed most people knew, until very recently.

To all Repugs and Libtards:

1) The United States has been bankrupt since the 1933 FDR gold siezure.

2) Your Courts all operate under "Statutory Jurisdiction," neither Common Law nor Equity Jurisdiction (except in Civil Cases [Equity])

3) Statutory Jurisdiction is actually Admiralty, which exercises Maritime authority over your Corporate Name and all Maritime contracts that you sign (driver's license for instance).

4) Repeat: The Government is bankrupt

5) The Creditors are in control (Federal Reserve and international Bankers), and rightfully so (albeit unfortunately), since they are the Creditors!

6) The United States is the primary Debtor.

7) When you use FEDERAL RESERVE NOTES to buy something, you don't actually buy that thing, you simply discharge debt. The Federal Reserve Note is Debt, using is discharges debt.

8) Repeat: The UNITED STATES is bankrupt

9) Since the Federal Reserve is the Creditor (owner) of a Federal Reserve Note, every transaction involving Federal Reserve Notes (FRNs) places an automatic lien (maritime hypothecation) on all goods and services which are exchanged via FRNs.

10) This means the Federal Reserve has claim to EVERYTHING in the United States, and is how they can sieze anything for failure to pay taxes, the Courts have already established several times that the IRS operates under Maritime Jurisdiction.
The IRS is a government corporation created by the Secretary of the Treasury pursuant to a congressional statutory grant of authority (see specifically IRC § 7801). The IRS is not an agency of the United States Government but it is declared by statute to be a federal agency of the United States.

11) You can have any Case (where there is no injured party) dismissed, including drug charges, weapon charges, traffic tickets, etc, DISMISSED. I've had one traffic ticket and one "illegal weapon possession" charge dismissed and even forced the weapon to be returned to me. How?

12) You challenge the Jurisdiction of every allegation in a COURT OF RECORD. Get the judge to admit that they Case is CRIMINAL (not Civil), then have him admit the Case is NOT under Criminal Common Law jurisdiction, leaving Admiralty only.

13) REPEAT: The US is bankrupt.

14) The judge will deny it's Admiralty, put that on the record, and DEMAND for the Case to be dismissed, since the Sixth Amendment guarantees your right to be informed to the nature and cause of the accusations against you, and the Court has not provided the Jurisdiction.

15) The Judge will either be silent and allow the Case to be dismissed (which he actually did for my M4 weapon's charge), or he'll declare that you are under "Statutory Jurisdiction."

16) But your honor, there exists no such Jurisdiction for Article III Courts in the Constitution, can you please reveal where this hidden Jurisdiction is located in the Constitution? "I can assure you that this Jurisdiction exists, would you like an attorney?"

17) No your honor, let the Record show that the Judge has declined to reveal the existence of this hidden Jurisdiction, I DEMAND that this Case be dismissed.

18) Judge - The existence of this Jurisdiction is derived from commercial contracts. You - "But this is not Case of Equity or Common Law, a already declared on the Record." Since the Judge has refused to reveal the nature of these contracts (6th Amendment), I DEMAND that this Case be dismissed.

19) REPEAT: The United States is bankrupt

20) Judge - "These commercial contracts are maritime in nature." You - "Then Statutory Jurisdiction is Admiralty indeed, you disguised it under another name, correct?" [Silence] Let the record show the judge's silence, and let the record show that this Court has claimed Admiralty Jurisdiction."

21) Your Honor, I am not aware that I have breached any international Maritime Contract, I demand that the prosecution put such a contract into evidence so that I may examine and possibly contest such a contract.

22) Judge - I don't have time for this [leaves the bench and exits room] - Case dismissed.

Last edited:

Taking lives are a "civil right?"
The left is losing the argument because of people like you.

Wrong.......................red flags go up all over the place if you buy in bulk, which is why you need the straw purchaser at the gun shows, just in case one of those flags makes people take a harder look at you.
One gun? Easy. Two guns? Questions start being asked.
10 or more guns? They're gonna check you out.
This is a lie.
No one will "check out" anyone that buys any number of guns through a private sale regardless of where the sale takes place; as private sales do not require a background check, there is no need for a straw purchaser.

M14, I've learned to even stop arguing on the Second Amendment with these people, I've learned that they think government is their friend, and that government want to protect them.
I have a long list of people on ignore, for this very reason.

They aren't losing the debate.

Yes they are. In fact they loose every debate.

Debating liberals is like playing chess with a pigeon. Regardless of your skills, the pigeon will knock over the pieces, shit all over the place and strut around victoriously.

playingpigeonchess.jpg

That is the problem with you righties. You don't recognize the debate is about lives and not guns?

If the debate was about lives and not guns, why do gun control proposals include things such as "assault weapons" bans which, pursuant to 3 distinct Dept of Justice studies would have zero impact on crime and homicides?

If the debate was about lives and not guns, why do gun control proposals include things such as "plastic guns which are invisble to X-Rays" bans which guns do not exist and never have existed?

If the debate is about lives and not guns why is the emphasis on controlling guns and not on mental heallth and gangs?

If the debate was about lives and not guns, why do gun control proposals include things such as "assault weapons" bans which, pursuant to 3 distinct Dept of Justice studies would have zero impact on crime and homicides?

If the debate was about lives and not guns, why do gun control proposals include things such as "plastic guns which are invisble to X-Rays" bans which guns do not exist and never have existed?

If the debate is about lives and not guns why is the emphasis on controlling guns and not on mental heallth and gangs?

Actually Department of Justice proved in 2000 (Crime Victimization Survey) that potential victims who shoo their weapons prevent 550 rapes and 1300 murders EVERY DAY.

Quick question.....................why didn't we scream about government oppression when Jr. was in office?

ok Bush signed the patriot act obama has misused the original intent of the patriot act. Stop whining about government abuse when Bush was in office because it was non existent or very little.

unless you have some examples.

Forum List

Back