Why the liberals are lossing the debate about guns.

If you claim that 30% of firearms sales in California are not subject to background checks I will call you a liar to your face..

I believe you misunderstand me... First, my 30% figure specifically excludes all retail sales. California has a "universal background check" requirement for all firearms sale. It is called Personal Firearms Eligibility Check and is based upon the California Penal Code Section 30105. While there is no question that almost all retail sales have background checks, estimates for the actual compliance by PRIVATE sellers of firearms in California is calculated to be at the 30% level. Figures derived from "Imagining Gun Control in America: Understanding the Remainder Problem" available for down load here:

Imagining Gun Control in America: Understanding the Remainder Problem by Nicholas Johnson :: SSRN

My actual claim is that 100% of firearm sales are subject to background checks in California but of those sales in which a private party is the seller, the background check is complied with only 30% of the time. One of the primary reasons for this non compliance is that California's sytem is actually backdoor registration. Still going to call me a liar?

Remember what I told you I would do if you made that claim?

Liar.

The numbers in that study are based on a decades old study where they made things up. There is absolutely no way that more than 10% of gun sales in this country do not go through a dealer.

Last edited:
why do you believe that a criminal is going to obey a magazine limit

I hear this one alot. Why is it that criminals aren't using machine guns and grenades? Do they choose to follow the laws against those?

They use what you would call "machine guns" all the time.

Full auto Mac-10, Tec-9, and Uzi's are favorites of the gangbangers.

Your straw man fails, crawl back to the hate sites for new falsehoods to spread in your quest to end civil rights.

What statistics are you using? Everything I find have them at extremely low %.

I hear this one alot. Why is it that criminals aren't using machine guns and grenades? Do they choose to follow the laws against those?

They use what you would call "machine guns" all the time.

Full auto Mac-10, Tec-9, and Uzi's are favorites of the gangbangers.

Your straw man fails, crawl back to the hate sites for new falsehoods to spread in your quest to end civil rights.

What statistics are you using? Everything I find have them at extremely low %.

the use of a legal full auto is extremely low

as for illegally held full auto that is higher percentage

int gun ban countries like the uk or mexico

full autos are quite common

i would have to look it up

but if memory serves it is in the other category

of firearms used here in the states

If you claim that 30% of firearms sales in California are not subject to background checks I will call you a liar to your face..

I believe you misunderstand me... First, my 30% figure specifically excludes all retail sales. California has a "universal background check" requirement for all firearms sale. It is called Personal Firearms Eligibility Check and is based upon the California Penal Code Section 30105. While there is no question that almost all retail sales have background checks, estimates for the actual compliance by PRIVATE sellers of firearms in California is calculated to be at the 30% level. Figures derived from "Imagining Gun Control in America: Understanding the Remainder Problem" available for down load here:

Imagining Gun Control in America: Understanding the Remainder Problem by Nicholas Johnson :: SSRN

My actual claim is that 100% of firearm sales are subject to background checks in California but of those sales in which a private party is the seller, the background check is complied with only 30% of the time. One of the primary reasons for this non compliance is that California's sytem is actually backdoor registration. Still going to call me a liar?

Liar.

The numbers in that study are based on a decades old study where they made things up. There is absolutely no way that more than 10% of gun sales in this country do not go through a dealer.

while i believe that in the pro gun control culture much in regards to guns is made up

i also believe at least from out here that more then 10 percent of firearms transactions

happen outside of the dealer

mostly fathers to sons

brother to brother

grandpa to grandson or grand daughter

for example

Liar.

Yo.................Queerbait WindHag................got a link to prove it's only 10 percent or less?

Because everything I've seen on the news says that around 40 percent of the gun sales are done WITHOUT a dealer, especially at gun shows where straw buyers like to show up at.

Liar.

Yo.................Queerbait WindHag................got a link to prove it's only 10 percent or less?

Because everything I've seen on the news says that around 40 percent of the gun sales are done WITHOUT a dealer, especially at gun shows where straw buyers like to show up at.

a straw buyer would not be needed at the gun show

if you are correct about background checks not being done

the purpose of a "straw purchaser" is to defeat the background check

Liar.

Actually, the main place straw purchasers show up at is in gun shows, because there is no limit to the amount of guns you can buy, nor is there a red flag that goes up when you buy a whole bunch.

Yeah..................there are some that go to gun shops and do that, but it's not as often as they go to gun shows.

Actually, the main place straw purchasers show up at is in gun shows, because there is no limit to the amount of guns you can buy, nor is there a red flag that goes up when you buy a whole bunch.

Yeah..................there are some that go to gun shops and do that, but it's not as often as they go to gun shows.

if gun shows do not require a background check

there is no need for a straw purchaser period

Wrong.......................red flags go up all over the place if you buy in bulk, which is why you need the straw purchaser at the gun shows, just in case one of those flags makes people take a harder look at you.

One gun? Easy. Two guns? Questions start being asked.

10 or more guns? They're gonna check you out.

Liar.

while i believe that in the pro gun control culture much in regards to guns is made up

i also believe at least from out here that more then 10 percent of firearms transactions

happen outside of the dealer

mostly fathers to sons

brother to brother

grandpa to grandson or grand daughter

for example

Do you also believe we are winning the wars on poverty and drugs?

By the way, if we assume you are correct that family transfers amount to far more than 10% of gun sales then the new 'universal background check,' which specifically exempts family transfers, won't make a fracking bit of difference.

Liar.

Got one to prove it is higher?

Didn't think so.

Liar.

Didn't think so.

I've got one that says that it's about 40 percent of the gun sales where a background check ISN'T done.................

That would make perfect sense, if every police agency within 100 miles of a gun show didn't monitor them. The only people that think that gun shows are unregulated are people that have never been to a gun show and think that CIWS is used to kill lots of people.

In other words, it is restricted to lying sacks of shit calling themselves ABikerSailor.

Didn't think so.

I've got one that says that it's about 40 percent of the gun sales where a background check ISN'T done.................

Go ahead, trot that out again so I can shove it down your throat again.

Wrong.......................red flags go up all over the place if you buy in bulk, which is why you need the straw purchaser at the gun shows, just in case one of those flags makes people take a harder look at you.

You aren't very bright at all. With the gun shortages as they are people who have the money when they find good deals will buy more than one if they are lucky enough to find more than one.

You aren't very bright at all. With the gun shortages as they are people who have the money when they find good deals will buy more than one if they are lucky enough to find more than one.

So.....................wanna explain the problems with straw purchasers buying 20 guns or more and giving them to someone else in the parking lot?

So.....................wanna explain the problems with straw purchasers buying 20 guns or more and giving them to someone else in the parking lot?

I go too gun shows that's total bull shit. Because they do background checks at gun shows.

I have an explanation.

IT
IS
A
LIE.

Any questions?

I have an explanation.

IT
IS
A
LIE.

Any questions?

:clap2:

Forum List

Back