Why the liberals are lossing the debate about guns.

So we have how many people now in this thread who think it's stupid to have laws against rape?

3? 4? 5?

That's some sick shit there.

We do not think it is stupid to have laws against rape, we think it is stupid to force men to prove they are not rapists before they buy condoms.

So it might save a few victims of the crime, but you can't be bothered with that. How heroic.

So we have how many people now in this thread who think it's stupid to have laws against rape?

3? 4? 5?

We do not think it is stupid to have laws against rape, we think it is stupid to force men to prove they are not rapists before they buy condoms.

So it might save a few victims of the crime, but you can't be bothered with that. How heroic.

There should be laws against criminals using guns, amiright?

Yes and obviously there are. But enforcing them means we all need to work together. Which for guns means making it harder for them to get the guns in the first place. Even if it means a little more work for your to obtain gun number 52 in your collection. I'd rather criminals get caught trying to buy a gun illegally rather than after using it.

If you see somebody breaking into your neighbors house you'd call the police wouldn't you? We all need to work together.

Yes and obviously there are. But enforcing them means we all need to work together. Which for guns means making it harder for them to get the guns in the first place. Even if it means a little more work for your to obtain gun number 52 in your collection. I'd rather criminals get caught trying to buy a gun illegally rather than after using it.

If you see somebody breaking into your neighbors house you'd call the police wouldn't you? We all need to work together.

You're not making any sense at all.

Take another whack at it, what is it that you'd like to see happen?

Is this like Hitler's gun control laws, where you only disarm the people the government wants to round up and exterminate?

Is this like Hitler's gun control laws, where you only disarm the people the government wants to round up and exterminate?

No I'm making perfect sense actually. Since your bringing in Hitler it's obvious your one of these crazy people running around worried about something that won't happen. And in the mean time you don't care how many innocent people get hurt. Again very heroic.

Do you lock your house when you leave? Or just leave it open and invite criminals? Why leave it easy for criminals to obtain guns?

I've not suggested taking all guns at all. Only limiting magazines, why is it you have to use the fall back to no guns always? Maybe because you have no good argument against smaller magazine sizes? I think so. Throw common sense out the window because your a scared, paranoid person worried about something that won't happen. Very wise.

try getting some 22 shells sometime

i dont need any since i have quite a few now

bu a fellow i ran into was asking if i knew of a place that might have some

i rapped off a few spots

he said he been to all of them

none to be found

in a 100 mile area --LOL

there is a place in Sioux Falls that gets a shipment

every 10 days or so

and they get 60 bucks a brick

and they are out by 11 am on delivery day

on my next firearms purchase

i might buy one by which ammo is on the shelf

--LOL

Not a red herring, gill girl. Federal law prohibits the creation and owning of weapons that kill en masse, such as grenades and bombs, rocket-propelled weapons and land mines. Look it up.

What's that have to do with guns?

Assault weapons, semi-automatics, however you want to describe something that can kill 20 people in minutes belongs in this law.
:cuckoo:
Lanza could have done what he did with a standard pump-action shotgun.

I'd love to see you shoot a pump-action shotgun 155 times in less than 5 minutes.

Ajh, ignorance....
3" magnum shells carry 12 00 buckshot pellets. That's 13 shots. I'd have to reload once.

Last edited:
3? 4? 5?
What's your point?
He doesn't understand that the laws against rape are there to prosecute and punish those that commit rape, not prevent anone from raping someone.

He believes in the asinie propect that you can enact a law that prevents people from breaking the law.

I'd love to see you shoot a pump-action shotgun 155 times in less than 5 minutes.
Ajh, ignorance....
3" magnum shells carry 12 00 buckshot pellets. That's 13 shots. I'd have to reload once.

according to the reports

lanza didnt even use all of his rounds per magazine

he stopped and swapped magazines at will

Yes and obviously there are. But enforcing them means we all need to work together.
Enforcing the law against felons having guns is exceptionally easy:
1: Find a felon with a gun
2: Arrest and prosecute him.

Which for guns means making it harder for them to get the guns in the first place.
No...
That's not enforcement of the law, that's attepmting to stop them from breaking the law.
The idea that you can enact legislation that will prevent people from breaking the law is, at best, inane.

Ajh, ignorance....

Oh really? So your saying that shooting a standard pump shotgun at close range has a big spread then I suppose? Shooting 150 shots from an AR15 is completely different than 13 shots from a pump shotgun. Your initial statement was stupid and your followup was just as bad. I don't really want to discuss any further as its kinda sick.

Ajh, ignorance....

Oh really? So your saying that shooting a standard pump shotgun at close range has a big spread then I suppose? Shooting 150 shots from an AR15 is completely different than 13 shots from a pump shotgun. Your initial statement was stupid and your followup was just as bad. I don't really want to discuss any further as its kinda sick.

It really doesnt matter. A pump shotgun with #4 buck is 27 pellets. It will be at least as deadly as an AR.
But the whole debate is stupid. Does it really make it better if only 10 kids are killed? Wouldn't that also be a terrible tragedy? You cannot restrict guns enough to eliminate idiots using them in ways they were never designed to be used.

3? 4? 5?

How would it save anybody? Be specific.

What if I don't like you, or the law, am I still required to work with you to enforce it? Does it work the other way, or am I the only one forced to enforce laws that I do not like? If we make a law that makes it harder to get abortions,a re you required to help enforce it?

In other words, fuck off.

Ajh, ignorance....

according to the reports

lanza didnt even use all of his rounds per magazine

he stopped and swapped magazines at will

The graphic I saw said he used at least 10 30 round magazines. That is the type of shooting I do in video games, pop off a few rounds and then switch to a fresh magazine for the next target.

Ajh, ignorance....
I accept your concession of the point. Run along now.

Ajh, ignorance....

It really doesnt matter. A pump shotgun with #4 buck is 27 pellets. It will be at least as deadly as an AR.
But the whole debate is stupid. Does it really make it better if only 10 kids are killed? Wouldn't that also be a terrible tragedy? You cannot restrict guns enough to eliminate idiots using them in ways they were never designed to be used.

I almost can't believe you even ask this question. Yes it would be better if fewer kids were killed. Of course it would be. It would be better if 1 fewer was killed.

How would it save anybody? Be specific.

Well if we required background checks for every gun purchase it would make it more difficult for criminals to get guns. Some of the crazies might even change their mind before they are able to get one. If the criminal has to get a gun by illegal means they have a chance of getting caught at the time of purchase rather than after the crime.

Lowering the capacity of magazines would require more reloading which would give people more of a opportunity to escape.

Obviously gun laws aren't the only thing that needs to be done, but these two things could save some lives and that would make it worth it for me.

What if I don't like you, or the law, am I still required to work with you to enforce it? Does it work the other way, or am I the only one forced to enforce laws that I do not like? If we make a law that makes it harder to get abortions,a re you required to help enforce it?

In other words, fuck off.

Ok, so I guess your not really a law abiding gun owner. You just follow the laws you like. That doesn't make for a very good society. I guess all gun owners aren't these nice law abiding citizens then?

I would like to see a law that makes it harder to get abortions actually. Its far too easy to not get pregnant for people to be having abortions. I put value in life whether it is in the womb or not. Am I to believe you don't care about people out of the womb, but your a big anti abortion person? That makes little sense.

Law is very important for our society. I will follow the law. I may work to get some laws changed, but while they are the law I will follow them.

Forum List

Back