Why the right hates liberals

....And, you differentiate between poor & in-poverty, how????

:confused:

I don't. If you work 40 hours a week at minimum wage, you make enough to live off of. I know, I've done it. If you have 8 kids and are trying to feed them on minimum wage, that's your own ignorant fucking fault, and I don't pity you one bit.

And that pretty much sums up the problem with liberals. They want to decide who's entitled to what, and typically, their decision is often that the less educated and less motivated are more entitled than most. It's sickening.

And how do you know all poor people are lazy people who haven't earned anything and get handouts?

And what RIGHT do Statist Politicians get involved where their noses don't belong at the expense of the rest of us whom get it?

Liberty is everthing...including the liberty to FAIL...and try again.
....As-long-as everyone stays in "their place" (as per Ron Paul), right?​

And how do you know all poor people are lazy people who haven't earned anything and get handouts?

If they earned anything then they would have what they earned. Handouts from the government are never earned. That is not government's job. How can you earn something from the government?

Now wait... I'm conservative, but have compassion. Sometimes shit just happens Jack. What if you had worked all your life but at a job that just allowed you to live paycheck to paycheck and you lost that job through no fault of your own and needed government assistance for a time to get back on your feet? Does that make you a lazy bum who is living off the system? No . you paid taxes with the understanding that IF something catastrophic happened you could turn to the government for help.
Whoahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....a real Conservative!!!!!

:clap2:

Do some abuse the system? You bet they do, but in the grand scheme of government waste, I am willing to risk being ripped off in order to help those that truly need help. That doesn't mean I don't think abusers should be kicked off the dole and prosecuted, but there are some legitimate needs out there which the government DOES have an obligation to provide for, otherwise they need to eliminate the programs altogether and lower our taxes accordingly.
How do you feel about means-testing?​

Right. SS is not an "entitlement". We all have worked and donated to it so it is rightfully ours. I've worked full time since I was 16 and I'm calling in retired in October and going fishing until I croak.

If only that were true. Unfortunately, Supplemental Security Income is paid from the same funds that Social Security benefits are paid from. In short, some people take from the fund that never, ever had to put into it.

Not quite. They are not taking. They are given. SS should not be touched except by retirees or the spouse or children if you die early.
Then, people gettin' SSA have an obligation to die?​

If only that were true. Unfortunately, Supplemental Security Income is paid from the same funds that Social Security benefits are paid from. In short, some people take from the fund that never, ever had to put into it.

Not quite. They are not taking. They are given. SS should not be touched except by retirees or the spouse or children if you die early.

SSI should be defunded. It IS welfare.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon

Why should I have an obligation to pay their way?

You seem to forget that not everyone gives a shit about carrying the weak around on their shoulders. I'd feel a little better about providing charity to those in need if: 1) I knew they were actually in need, and 2) I wasn't being forced to do so by the government.

there are some legitimate needs out there which the government DOES have an obligation to provide for

Really? Based on what?

Don't get me wrong, I agree with your argument, to some extent. I think unemployment is a legitimate program that should benefit those temporarily out of work. But why is the government obligated to provide that service?
The obligation or good-sense to provide it??

Do you want to be the person walking-around, explaining to local-merchants they need to go outta-business, because a bunch o' locals lost their jobs (and, can no-longer patronize that business), due to nothing they did wrong?​

There are plenty that take because they know they can, not because they truly need.
....Another o' those "Everybody knows..." factoids, no doubt.

:rolleyes:

Now wait... I'm conservative, but have compassion. Sometimes shit just happens Jack. What if you had worked all your life but at a job that just allowed you to live paycheck to paycheck and you lost that job through no fault of your own and needed government assistance for a time to get back on your feet? Does that make you a lazy bum who is living off the system? No . you paid taxes with the understanding that IF something catastrophic happened you could turn to the government for help. Do some abuse the system? You bet they do, but in the grand scheme of government waste, I am willing to risk being ripped off in order to help those that truly need help. That doesn't mean I don't think abusers should be kicked off the dole and prosecuted, but there are some legitimate needs out there which the government DOES have an obligation to provide for, otherwise they need to eliminate the programs altogether and lower our taxes accordingly.

Of course I agree with you. There are going to be people who through no fault of their own find themselves in a desparate situation. I've been there, I know what you mean.

I'm talking about people who pay no taxes and gripe about "the rich getting tax cuts". The people who want free health care on a minimum wage job.

That is who I am talking about.

I do pay and put into the system, but you have no way of knowing who is ripping off the system and who is using it for real need.

....Kinda like stock-brokers, huh?

I wish I could figure out what the fucking hell Shaman is talking about, but all the mark-up in his posts make them unbearably difficult to look at.

It doesn't matter. Ms. Charmin is clearly just a trollish douche. While attempting to castigate others for allegedly using an "everybody knows" type argument, he couches most of his inane drivel in terms of pure stereotypes.

Centering his bullshit or putting some of the text in pretty colors doesn't make his drivel any less unintelligent.​

He's just a punk with a loud mouth and nothing substantive to back it up.

Last edited:
Of course I agree with you. There are going to be people who through no fault of their own find themselves in a desparate situation. I've been there, I know what you mean.

I'm talking about people who pay no taxes and gripe about "the rich getting tax cuts". The people who want free health care on a minimum wage job.

I do pay and put into the system, but you have no way of knowing who is ripping off the system and who is using it for real need.

....Kinda like stock-brokers, huh?

Are you drunk?

stock broker =/= welfare recipient

There are plenty that take because they know they can, not because they truly need.
....Another o' those "Everybody knows..." factoids, no doubt.

No, dipsit, it's one of those "I know" factoids because I've experienced it first hand. I grew up in and around it, and I saw the system abused on a daily basis, more often multiple times a day. And I watched an entire community of 20,000+ turn into a town of less than 12,000 in a single decade, because more people were turning to the system to provide their income instead of going out and getting jobs. Business owners couldn't sustain because there was no economy, so they packed up their shit and moved. Then when there were no businesses, those that wanted jobs couldn't find them. It became a vicious cycle, and now it is one of the most depressed areas in the entire country.

We don't hate liberals. Maddeningly simplistic and emotionally driven, yes. Occasionally entertaining and shockingly misinformed. Why if you were two, it be down right adorable.

Sure I do. Illegal aliens, generations of welfare families, our President, etc. President BO has been receiving benefits all his life and never worked in any business and paid taxes from that job that I know of
Ah, yes....the ideal opportunity to fall-back on rhetoric (....especially if that's what everyone-else is saying...)

You're right, and that IS the fundamental flaw of the system. It's too expensive to actually check on the people receiving benefits to see if they are legitimately in need of said benefits or if they are deceiving the system for personal gain.

It wouldn't really be hard to research such things, but the people qualified to do such research are paid more to do other things.
That's why you invest (federal-dollars), where THE BIG BUCK$ ARE!!!!!!!

"The former banker, Bradley Birkenfeld, is set to plead guilty to helping Mr. Olenicoff conceal $200 million. "He's going to sing like a parakeet," (Europeans read 'Canary') one of Mr. Birkenfeld's former clients said. UBS said that it was 'cooperating' with investigators and that it was against its policy to help Americans evade taxes. Officials at the bank declined to comment for the CNBC article.

The case could turn into an embarrassment for Marcel Rohner, the chief executive of UBS and the former head of its private bank, as well as for Phil Gramm, the former Republican senator from Texas who is now the vice chairman of UBS Securities, the Swiss bank's investment banking arm."

As a citizen whom does their part? Wouldn't it be prudent on your part to demand an accounting since that's your sweat-equity they've confiscated from you?

Or has challanging your employees gone out of vogue?

:eusa_think:
How cavalier you "conservatives" can sound....until someone's steppin' on YOUR AGENDA!!

Now wait... I'm conservative, but have compassion. Sometimes shit just happens Jack. What if you had worked all your life but at a job that just allowed you to live paycheck to paycheck and you lost that job through no fault of your own and needed government assistance for a time to get back on your feet? Does that make you a lazy bum who is living off the system? No . you paid taxes with the understanding that IF something catastrophic happened you could turn to the government for help. Do some abuse the system? You bet they do, but in the grand scheme of government waste, I am willing to risk being ripped off in order to help those that truly need help. That doesn't mean I don't think abusers should be kicked off the dole and prosecuted, but there are some legitimate needs out there which the government DOES have an obligation to provide for, otherwise they need to eliminate the programs altogether and lower our taxes accordingly.

And those people should be thrown off the trough and thrown in jail; but the chances of catching even half of them are slim. I'd rather get ripped off then see one person who is there through no fault of their own go hungry.

And yes at this point the government is obligated to fund these programs because for 50 years now they have been collecting taxes from us based on the assumption that we would have that safety net if needed.

I would be fine with a rule stating you can't collect welfare at all if you've never paid a dime into the system.

....And, any-and-all children (in that situation) would be institutionalized???

:eusa_eh:

My voting record.
It doesn't hurt to ride with Webster:

"....not bound by authoritarianism, orthodoxy, or traditional forms."

"....of or constituting a political party in the United Kingdom associated with ideals of individual especially economic freedom, greater individual participation in government, and constitutional, political, and administrative reforms designed to secure these objectives."

That sounds about right except the "tax us to death" part isn't in there.
I'm pretty-certain you'd have to rely on Porky Limbaugh for that missing-addendum.​

And those people should be thrown off the trough and thrown in jail; but the chances of catching even half of them are slim. I'd rather get ripped off then see one person who is there through no fault of their own go hungry.

And yes at this point the government is obligated to fund these programs because for 50 years now they have been collecting taxes from us based on the assumption that we would have that safety net if needed.

I would be fine with a rule stating you can't collect welfare at all if you've never paid a dime into the system.

That is the way it is supposed to be. It's there when you need it. The problem is we have a "welfare class". You poor thing, you had a baby out of wedlock before you graduated and you're black, Latino, Cambodian, Indian, etc. Institutional racism. The parents are responsible for the care of their child and grandchild. Not me.
Gee.....I guess you forgot to include the majority of welfare-recipients; Whites.

I'm sure it was an oversight.

Forum List

Back