🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why ''Under God'' phrase added on the Pledge of Allegiance in U.S?

United States is a country which is completely based on secular principles. So, I just wonder about: why they added that phrase on the Pledge of Allegiance? Actually scientifically; humanity doesn't need any god, spirituel or holy thing in its life to be succesful. Because we know that these beliefs doesn't provide or help anything better.

In the future or currently is there an movement-act to remove that phrase ? Or Americans want to remove that ? (Also I wonder about same thing for the ''in god we trust'')
Per usual, no one knows so they're making stuff up.
It was added during the Commie scare in the 50's to weed out the communists among us. As we all know, communists shrivel and die if exposed to the word "God." Thank Uncle Joe McCarthy.
You're not THAT old, OldLady . You must have been in preschool too back then.

So put your glasses on and start googling before you talk/type.

:D
What are you talking about, old man? What I said was accurate.

It is a pity that you claim to be atheist Whocares386 .

I hate to see this in kids.

You may want to read Philosophy according to San Tomas Aquinas.

He gives 5 very valid proofs of God.

These proofs are required reading in the Catholic Church for Catholic Priests and Catholic Philosophers.

Evolution explains us to why there is no god and we do not need any god/creator for humanity and other things. It is meaningless, if there is any god who created him then and again, again...

If you just try to learn something about ourselves and other species, you'll notice that these things are NOT faultless and these are not working regularly. Scientists realize so many laughable mistakes on human body and other species.

As you can see from that article, supporters of evolution are increasing in U.S and elder people who don't support evolution will be decreased in the future.

In U.S., 42% Believe Creationist View of Human Origins

thanksgivingproclamation.jpg

United States is a country which is completely based on secular principles. So, I just wonder about: why they added that phrase on the Pledge of Allegiance? Actually scientifically; humanity doesn't need any god, spirituel or holy thing in its life to be succesful. Because we know that these beliefs doesn't provide or help anything better.

In the future or currently is there an movement-act to remove that phrase ? Or Americans want to remove that ? (Also I wonder about same thing for the ''in god we trust'')
Thanksgiving makes us a Christian Nation?

It was added during the Commie scare in the 50's to weed out the communists among us. As we all know, communists shrivel and die if exposed to the word "God." Thank Uncle Joe McCarthy.

You are absolutely correct. Adding "under god" to the pledge was sort of like wearing a garlic necklace to ward off vampires. Commies were terrified of god.

So is this your rhetorical question of the day or do you not know how to google this on your own ???

Actually, yes you're right. There are so many articles about that topic, but I just wanted to hear American citizens' opinions and that's why I'm hanging in this forum.
1954 was probably before you were born.

It was not before I was born however but before my sisters were born.

When I first learned it in the mid 1950's it was as it is now.

Then in the 1960's there was some controversy about it.

Our Catholic School kept saying it with "God" in it however.

The American Freemasons still say it at every monthly meeting with "God" in it.

If you are an atheist then you can never become a Freemason, sorry.

It broke my heart that I couldn't join. They also blackballed me at the Elks. Even the Boy Scouts turned their backs on me. I have had an inferiority complex ever since.... Not only that, but I never learned to tie a sheepshank knot.....

You are absolutely correct. Adding "under god" to the pledge was sort of like wearing a garlic necklace to ward off vampires. Commies were terrified of god.
I was being facetious, of course, with that comment, but part of the thinking WAS that communists wouldn't say it, therefore "outing" them.

Why ''Under God'' phrase added on the Pledge of Allegiance in U.S?

Conservatives added that to the pledge, in anticipation of the day a Donald Trump would be president.

I was being facetious, of course, with that comment, but part of the thinking WAS that communists wouldn't say it, therefore "outing" them.
Thank you for your confession.

I wear a silver Catholic cross to ward off vampires and Protestant missionaries.

It is a pity that you claim to be atheist Whocares386 .

I hate to see this in kids.

You may want to read Philosophy according to San Tomas Aquinas.

He gives 5 very valid proofs of God.

These proofs are required reading in the Catholic Church for Catholic Priests and Catholic Philosophers.

Evolution explains us to why there is no god and we do not need any god/creator for humanity and other things. It is meaningless, if there is any god who created him then and again, again...

If you just try to learn something about ourselves and other species, you'll notice that these things are NOT faultless and these are not working regularly. Scientists realize so many laughable mistakes on human body and other species.

As you can see from that article, supporters of evolution are increasing in U.S and elder people who don't support evolution will be decreased in the future.

In U.S., 42% Believe Creationist View of Human Origins
So your thinking is very immature and inexperienced and you have apparently had bad parents and bad teachers.

I wear a silver Catholic cross to ward off vampires and Protestant missionaries.

Well, as george Carlin used to say, "If Christ returned today, millions of Catholic school girls in the future would be wearing little silver electric chairs around their necks".

1954 and 1955 was a confusing time. As I recall, we had to start putting god into the pledge of allegiance, plus, due to the Supreme Court's "Brown Vs the Board of Education" decision, our Georgia state flag was changed to put the confederate Stars and Bars on it. I wasn't sure just which way the wind was blowing....

Well, as george Carlin used to say, "If Christ returned today, millions of Catholic school girls in the future would be wearing little silver electric chairs around their necks".
Sorry I don't get it.

And I am even an expert at Catholic School girls -- been dating them my whole life.

Thank you for your confession.
Whatever floats your boat. LOL

Sorry I don't get it.

And I am even an expert at Catholic School girls -- been dating them my whole life.

Think about it a while. You will.

Forum List

Back