Why Was No One Armed & Shooting Back In El Paso WalMart ?

Why is one CCW holder expected to be there (per the OP), but two CCW holders an improbable scenario?

The fact is, it is fairly likely. And, having heard shots and seen people running, the other CCW holder would likely shoot anyone he saw with a gun in his hand.

Also, the idea that a 9mm pistol and a 7.62x39 rifle are the same is laughable.

Both have relatively small bullets. Commonly 115 gr for the 9mm and 125 for the 7.62x39. But that is where the similarity ends. The rifle will have a muzzle velocity of 2365 fps. The pistol will have +/- 1100 fps.

And the huge difference is in the energy. The 9mm, even with +P ammunition, will have only 500 ft lbs of energy. The rifle will 1552 ft lbs of energy. In other words, what ever flimsy display rack you are hiding behind, the rifle bullets will reach you.
Who said 2 CCW holders is improbable ? There could be 2 DOZEN.

At close range, the rifles superiority is mitigated down.

Why do you generally respond only to MY posts ? That's a rhetorical question. It's because you have a burr up your ass about me, from the many times I've debated you, and you can't handle being told you're not 100% right.

So now take your little troll stick and go somewhere else. You haven't contributed squat to this thread anyway, and it's pretty base that you put your own ego above the safety and security of Americans, as you appear to be willing to say anything, as long as it contradicts me.

What is the job of the security officer at the airline counter?
And what is the job of a security guard at a mall?

What is the difference in how you would defend the airline counter & personnel versus how you would attempt to defend a Walmart superstore/mall?
No difference at all, with respect to a sudden appearance of a mass shooter. You point and shoot. Period.
You learned to shoot by playing video games didn't you?

The USSC said the 2md amendment does not mean no regulation.
What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?

Hmmm where in the Constitution does it say you have a right to own a military style weapon.
Define "military style weapon".

Where in the Constitution does it say you have a right to own a AK47, AR15, M16, etc.

The Constitution doesn't tell the people what they can and can't do.

It tells the government what it can and can't do.

So does it tell the Gov't it can't ban assault rifles?
That's really ignorant.
have you ever heard of shall not be infringed?

Where in the Constitution does it say you have a right to own a AK47, AR15, M16, etc.

Yes. It does.

Obviously not since it has been done before.
It was done because a majority of people at the time were clueless of the second amendment Now you'll have a fight on your hands. Then you will have a blood bath

Yeah but you're not Protectionist. Big difference
No difference at all. Everything he said, I have also. 2 years US Army. 4 years Army national guard. 30+ years armed. licensed Security in California and Florida, and yes, I carry hollow points.

Actually, I've already said all this previously in the thread. You're not paying attention.

And who said anything about "required" to act ? You should act because you SHOULD, required or not. Liberals are clueless on guns and law. If conservatives were running the schools, people would be better advised on guns and law.
No Protectionist, all men are not the same even when they allegedly have similar backgrounds.

Why would anyone who has been carrying for 30 years need to make a point of answering an unasked question "yes, I carry hollow points" like that's something unique?

A business that posted a gun free zone is just saying that you cannot walk around with a gun showing as Texas has open carry gun law and to prevent people from openly carrying a gun in ones business location they will put up the sign.

I do not believe that they do body searches or have metal detectors so basically if you open carry a gun u just hide it while in a zone that post the sign as they can ask you to leave.

So if they have guns they still have them but conceal it in these zones
It is felony trespass here in Virginia and in Texas as well, IIRC.

So some minor little incident can become a serious crime if you go in carrying after they posted a sign to not enter with a weapon.

And would you use it to protect someone when several businesses have fired and even prosecuted some of their own employees that stopped robberies and threats to their customers lives?

Not me, dude. I'll do like that soldier in el passo and get innocent people to safety if I can. Unless the cretin bears down on me, I will let cops handle the situation when they arrive.

Okay, let's unpack this.

First, though some gun carriers may watch too much tv (and so think they are going to take out the bad guys, get the girl, go to commercial), mostly they will look to get themselves and their companions to safety, just like the rest of us. That's the smart thing to do.

Second, gun carriers are at a decided disadvantage against someone who goes into a school, or store, or crowd, and starts shooting everyone. While the shooter doesn't discriminate in his targets, the legal carrier will (and should). When hysterical people are fleeing in every direction, when echoes make it hard to determine how many shooters there are and where they are, when other gun carriers may be doing what you are doing (and you don't want to shoot them, right?), it makes for an untenable situation.

Third, most people just don't want to carry a gun.
All of that was addressed earlier. Read the thread before posting. :rolleyes:

They're just parrots. they aren't capable of that sort of thing, their job is to parrot whiny stuff.

A business that posted a gun free zone is just saying that you cannot walk around with a gun showing as Texas has open carry gun law and to prevent people from openly carrying a gun in ones business location they will put up the sign.

I do not believe that they do body searches or have metal detectors so basically if you open carry a gun u just hide it while in a zone that post the sign as they can ask you to leave.

So if they have guns they still have them but conceal it in these zones
It is felony trespass here in Virginia and in Texas as well, IIRC.

So some minor little incident can become a serious crime if you go in carrying after they posted a sign to not enter with a weapon.

And would you use it to protect someone when several businesses have fired and even prosecuted some of their own employees that stopped robberies and threats to their customers lives?

Not me, dude. I'll do like that soldier in el passo and get innocent people to safety if I can. Unless the cretin bears down on me, I will let cops handle the situation when they arrive.

In Texas the property owner can decide to ban weapons if they so choose to. And yes, people do get sued for daring to harm these poor hapless criminals engaged in shooting others.

Yeah but you're not Protectionist. Big difference
No difference at all. Everything he said, I have also. 2 years US Army. 4 years Army national guard. 30+ years armed. licensed Security in California and Florida, and yes, I carry hollow points.

Actually, I've already said all this previously in the thread. You're not paying attention.

And who said anything about "required" to act ? You should act because you SHOULD, required or not. Liberals are clueless on guns and law. If conservatives were running the schools, people would be better advised on guns and law.
His responsibility to his child that was with him superseded anything else. And I having an N.C. Issued CHP and carry most of the time would not be looking for the shooter nor would I run out of the building I would stay in place and wait for the shooter or the police to arrive. You're actually taking a chance of shooting a plainclothes cop or another CCW citizens use of deadly force only if you actually see the shooter act.

This is a dumb question, but lets say the police arrive to one of these mass shootings and there are 4 or 5 people shooting weapons. How would they know who to start shooting at?
They would be told by the shoppers there. And told by 911 dispatch.

That is nonsense. Any officer responding to the call would treat any armed person as the perpetrator.

Any armed civilian should drop his weapon as soon as uniformed peace officers show up in any situation.

So if you and a mass shooter are firing at each other, you are just going to drop your weapon while they keep firing.

The USSC said the 2md amendment does not mean no regulation.

Hmmm where in the Constitution does it say you have a right to own a military style weapon.

That's really ignorant.

Really, so if you can afford it you can own a short range nuke if you like. Smfh.

Yes. It does.

It was done because a majority of people at the time were clueless of the second amendment Now you'll have a fight on your hands. Then you will have a blood bath

No you won't, you clowns kill me with all your tough talk.

Yes. It does.

don't write a check your ass can't cash.

That's really ignorant.

Really, so if you can afford it you can own a short range nuke if you like. Smfh.
answer the god damn question
Have you ever heard of shall not be infringed?

Yes. It does.

don't write a check your ass can't cash.

:abgg2q.jpg: TI was talking about you when he said, "you have an alligator mouth with a humming bird ass."

That's really ignorant.

answer the god damn question
Have you ever heard of shall not be infringed?

Sure have, are they infringing on your rights if they stop you from purchasing a LAW? Why do you register your vehicles? If you have a RIGHT to carry why bother with getting a Concealed to carry permit.

Forum List

Back