Why Was No One Armed & Shooting Back In El Paso WalMart ?

Limited gun control. Ban the assault type rifles now.
Define "assault type rifles" Exactly what do you propose to ban (Realizing that bad guys will get whayever gun they choose on the street)
Oh fuck you & your "define assault rifle" bullshit.

You sassdfuicks think you are gun experts? Really?

We had an assault rifle ban, they were defined there./ We all know what kind of guns we are talking about so shove this stupid asinine argument up your ass.

You do realize that when they attempt to buy or carry a banned gun, they can be arrested before a shot is fired???

So, you are so sure that you had only one shooter that you put your gun away? Not smart. Witnesses reported seeing 3 shooters.
However many shooters there are, you put your gun away after they are dead or disabled. Rarely in these crazy cases are there more than 1 shooter though.

The AK is a carbine more than a long rifle. It is easier to shoot accurately unless you are in tight spaces. A Walmart is not a tight space.

Oh, and most pistols will lock open when the last round is fired. Unlike what the movies show, you don't pull the slide after inserting a new mag. You just release it with your thumb.
1. When I shop in Walmart 6 AM - 10 Am it's not a tight space (although some aisles are cluttered with boxes and pallets) After 10 AM Walmart get crowded with lots of shopping carts.

2. I don't know what gun you use. My Keltec .380 requires a slide pull, to load a round into the chamber. Same with my Keltec 9MM.

I haven't shot any Keltec guns. But Glock, Springfield, Beretta, and a host of other brands lock the slide back when the last round is fired.

The Walmart in El Paso was crowded with people. But there is a significant amount of space up front.

As for the .380 pocket pistol you carry, the ballistics for the .380 show the heaviest energy is around 300 ft lbs at the muzzle with a 90 gr bullet. Compare that to the energy from the AK, and you will see a significant difference in how hard the bullet hits. He can shoot thru the display you are hiding behind.

And you claim you will not miss when shooting 50 feet or a little more?

This gun free zone excuse is wrong.

Maybe you should consider the weapon used in Dayton allowed 9 people to be killed in under 30 seconds.
What "excuse" ? And you're saying that announcing a gunfree zone is not an encouragement to a mass shooter ? If you are, you couldn't be more wrong. It's the #1 facilitation for mass shooters.
They target areas where lots of people will be there for a purpose other than guns. Schools with armed guards were attacked. Dayton shooter had plenty pf police in the vicinity.

Your argument is stupid & has nothing to back it up.

So, you are so sure that you had only one shooter that you put your gun away? Not smart. Witnesses reported seeing 3 shooters.
However many shooters there are, you put your gun away after they are dead or disabled. Rarely in these crazy cases are there more than 1 shooter though.

As I have shown using the example in Vega in 2014, that can be a deadly mistake.

And other CCW holders may or may not know you are not the shooter.

Oh fuck you & your "define assault rifle" bullshit.

You sassdfuicks think you are gun experts? Really?

We had an assault rifle ban, they were defined there./ We all know what kind of guns we are talking about so shove this stupid asinine argument up your ass.

You do realize that when they attempt to buy or carry a banned gun, they can be arrested before a shot is fired???
Your use of the word "we" is faulty, since you obviously have no idea what the definition of an "assault type rifle" (your words, not mine) is. You want to ban something, and you don't even know WHAT you're banning. Maybe you should stick to knitting. This thread might be out of your league.

Liberals know nothing about guns.

And you do realize that when they attempt to buy a gun on the street, they can't be arrested, right ? :biggrin:

The El Paso Walmart shooter killed 20 people (so far) and wounded 26 more. He may well have fired some shots missing people also. It's pretty fair to say this nut fired at least 50 shots, and very possibly well more than that.

It takes quite some time to fire that many shots individually, as this guy did, walking aisle to aisle, through the store. If there had been an armed security guard, or any armed citizen with a CCW license, this guy could have (and should have) been stopped cold after the first 2 or 3 shots.

As someone who has a CCW license, and is armed 99% of the time, when I'm walking around outside, it is amazing to me that there could have been that many people walking around unarmed and defenseless. Why? Don't they know something like this could happen at any time ?

In contrast, in 2002, a Muslim terrorist (Hesham Mohamed Hadayet) walked into Los Angeles Airport (LAX) armed with 2 handguns, plus magazines loaded with dozens of bullets. He shot and killed 2 people, and wounded 4. The airport was filled with people. The terrorist was shot dead right on the spot, by a security guard who was armed and ready to deal. Without that good guy with a gun, the airport would have been a bloodbath, just like this WalMart, and probably even worse.

This ARMED DEFENSE is what should have been the case in El Paso. How this guy could pull off what he did without getting shot, by a guard or CCW carrying citizen is mind boggling.

2002 Los Angeles International Airport shooting - Wikipedia

Truth be known, about 1:4 has a CCW license in America. Whenever you run into a vast zone of unarmed people, you can probably bank on the fact that it is only so because of imposed liberal gun restrictions by wherever they are at. For the "safety" of the people.

answer the god damn question
Have you ever heard of shall not be infringed?

Sure have, are they infringing on your rights if they stop you from purchasing a LAW? Why do you register your vehicles? If you have a RIGHT to carry why bother with getting a Concealed to carry permit.
WOW THERE YOU GO RED HERRING.
Why do I register my vehicle because it's not a right to own and drive a vehicle on public roads
Why do I have a concealed carry? because I'll obey laws if they are reasonable

the right to bear arms. The right to be armed. Here is a .22 single shit rifle,, you are now armed. Amendment satisfied.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

using the complete sentence the amendment has nothing to do private gun ownership in the US unless your in the Militia and you have been called on to support the military

and there lies the problem when people pick and choose words that support their position and ignore anything else even when it is not part of the sentence.

Politics of the government either allows you have private guns or they don't

The SCOTUS has consistently ruled that the 2nd amendment is an individual right, unconnected with service in the military or in a militia.
We The People are the Militia.

Sure have, are they infringing on your rights if they stop you from purchasing a LAW? Why do you register your vehicles? If you have a RIGHT to carry why bother with getting a Concealed to carry permit.
Why do I register my vehicle because it's not a right to own and drive a vehicle on public roads

the right to bear arms. The right to be armed. Here is a .22 single shit rifle,, you are now armed. Amendment satisfied.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

using the complete sentence the amendment has nothing to do private gun ownership in the US unless your in the Militia and you have been called on to support the military

and there lies the problem when people pick and choose words that support their position and ignore anything else even when it is not part of the sentence.

SCOTUS disagrees.

The Supreme Court Has Strengthened Gun Rights and Limited Gun Control - NYTimes.com
Why we had 17 mass shootings during the Clinton assault weapon ban
And if by chance of a merical hoe would you stop people from making AR's and AK's?

The SCOTUS has consistently ruled that the 2nd amendment is an individual right, unconnected with service in the military or in a militia.

My mistake. I should have said "organized militia".

Last edited:

My mistaje. I should have said "organized militia".
The organized militia is what people consider the state guard. It doesn't have a need for a second amendment right.

My mistaje. I should have said "organized militia".
The organized militia is what people consider the state guard. It doesn't have a need for a second amendment right.
Don't citizens have a right to determine who their "militia" is?

Evidently, it did not stop the shooter. lmao He went after what he was after, Mexicans shopping for their kids' school supplies and many were in the WalMart crossed over just to shop.
You're not getting this, and I trust a lot of others aren't either. OF COURSE, it didn't stop the shooter. Quite the contrary, it was an INVITATION to the shooter to come in and shoot. A big green light, telling him that everyone in the mall will be UNARMED EXCEPT HIM.

THIS is why we need to abolish gun free zones, and that's what the president and everyone in this thread should be talking about.

With respect to background checks, while I was hearing Trump talking about them on the radio just a few minutes ago, ABC News was carrying a special report with George Stephanopolous, saying that the president said nothing about background checks.

But background checks are one of the biggest red herrings ever in American politics. When a nutjob shooter is determined enough to go shoot up a mall, you can bet he'll be determined enough to obtain the guns he wants, no matter what the stores are doing. Stores aren't the only ones who sell guns.

Background checks are a legitimate issue, and they should exist (as 2 Republicans sponsored a bill for them ,which was defeated by Democrats), but the far bigger issue is gun free zones, where almost all the mass shootings are occuring.

SCOTUS disagrees.

The Supreme Court Has Strengthened Gun Rights and Limited Gun Control - NYTimes.com
Why we had 17 mass shootings during the Clinton assault weapon ban
And if by chance of a merical hoe would you stop people from making AR's and AK's?

Body counts?

These stats depend on what you call a mass shooting.

I saw a list where it looked at attacks & it listed 25 under the ten year ban with 80 deaths.

The rest of the 2000's (6 years) had 24 attacks with 200 kills.

You fail to understand what a no gun zone is. It just means that they have to conceal their weapon and they cannot walk around with a weapon in the open. Texans carry guns under the concealed weapon carry laws.

I can guarantee that nobody says oh I have to leave my gun in the car because I can't go in this store because of the sign

So if you have a gun you are not worried What the sign says because nobody will be searching you for a gun nor do you have to go thru a metal detector

Of course if shit happens and you are involved in a shooting then they may fine you

Forum List

Back