Why was the second amendment written?

The Second Amendment was written by people who were aware of their recent and past history. Aware people today understand that as well as the fact that it is no longer 1776.

Some people. Most people understand that the pen is mightier than the gun. The First A. is more powerful against government "getting out of control" than a disorganized group of citizens armed with guns standing up to a 21st Century Military force.

And no, the US Military will not in mass join in an insurrection to overthrow an out of control government. That is why the Framers added the power of Impeachment, to protect and defend COTUS.

To the OT- because they wanted to make it clear the gov't role in life is severely limited- of course lawyers have bastardized the meaning of words which I don't think the founders thought the people would be so dumbed down they couldn't read simple English-

Because militias are necessary to the security of a free state

And the PEOPLE, ARE the militia.

Thanks for making that clear.
Exactly

That is why we need them well regulated
Careful there, the commies like to conflate a well regulated militia with a militia that is burdened with regulations.

So wrong ^^^. The Framers did by defining a well regulated militia. Read Article I, sec. 8, clause 15 & 16. No where in COTUS is the establishment of a Militia legally established by a bunch of disaffected citizens.

Unless you support and defend the Mafia and Neighborhood Gang members you must agree, that a Well Regulated Militia is what the Framers approved, and not some rubes in camouflage carrying guns and pretending they want to take their country back.

I doubt many will agree on the purpose of the second amendment, but I'd love to hear why everybody thinks the second amendment was written. Personally, I understand that it was put there so that we could take back our government if they get out of control.

Libs believe the 2nd Amendment was necessary to protect the Army's (the "militia"'s) ability to be armed. Without the 2nd Amendment, our men would have been landing on shore on D-Day with just their dicks in their hands.

The 2nd Amendment guaranteed them the right to be armed and defend them selves.

OTOH, conservatives see the 2nd Amendment as protecting the rights of the people to self defense.

Not only are there idiots who think "we'll regulated" meant "encumbered with regulations", there are also people who think "general welfare" meant free shit for commies. Food stamps, section 8 housing, etc.
Regulated is synonymous with regulation

thats one meaning,,,

His dishonest intentions are painfully obvious when he cherry picks the only meaning that fits his commie agenda and presents it as if it is the only context. Even when it is clear that we can see through the commie lies, he will feel no shame. It's like how chickens can look you straight in the eye as they shit without experiencing shame.

Regulated = Regulations

Learn English
Yes, it is remarkable how a fake narrative can be engineered with information that is taken or presented out of context. I can go back through your posts and copy n paste enough words that you have written to arrange them in a new order to show you saying almost anything. The fake news media can easily assemble real facts out of their full and correct context to engineer any political narrative they want as well. Your dishonest stunt of pimping the wrong context after being caught "red" handed is juvenille, and it highlights how weak youre argument is.

It sucks how weak lefties are when they debate. What I wouldn't do to debate with a commie who doesn't fold up like a lawn chair when pressed.

Regulated = Regulations

thats one meaning,,,

His dishonest intentions are painfully obvious when he cherry picks the only meaning that fits his commie agenda and presents it as if it is the only context. Even when it is clear that we can see through the commie lies, he will feel no shame. It's like how chickens can look you straight in the eye as they shit without experiencing shame.

Regulated = Regulations

Learn English
Yes, it is remarkable how a fake narrative can be engineered with information that is taken or presented out of context. I can go back through your posts and copy n paste enough words that you have written to arrange them in a new order to show you saying almost anything. The fake news media can easily assemble real facts out of their full and correct context to engineer any political narrative they want as well. Your dishonest stunt of pimping the wrong context after being caught "red" handed is juvenille, and it highlights how weak youre argument is.

It sucks how weak lefties are when they debate. What I wouldn't do to debate with a commie who doesn't fold up like a lawn chair when pressed.

Regulated = Regulations

got a link???

I doubt many will agree on the purpose of the second amendment, but I'd love to hear why everybody thinks the second amendment was written. Personally, I understand that it was put there so that we could take back our government if they get out of control.

Libs believe the 2nd Amendment was necessary to protect the Army's (the "militia"'s) ability to be armed. Without the 2nd Amendment, our men would have been landing on shore on D-Day with just their dicks in their hands.

OTOH, conservatives see the 2nd Amendment as protecting the rights of the people to self defense.

The Constitution established a Navy. It did not establish a standing Army
They relied on well regulated (trained and organized) militias to provide security while we organized an Army
That is what happened in the Revolutionary War

thats one meaning,,,

Regulated = Regulations

Learn English

Regulated = Regulations

got a link???

see post #90

Exactly

Careful there, the commies like to conflate a well regulated militia with a militia that is burdened with regulations.

So wrong ^^^. The Framers did by defining a well regulated militia. Read Article I, sec. 8, clause 15 & 16. No where in COTUS is the establishment of a Militia legally established by a bunch of disaffected citizens.

Unless you support and defend the Mafia and Neighborhood Gang members you must agree, that a Well Regulated Militia is what the Framers approved, and not some rubes in camouflage carrying guns and pretending they want to take their country back.
Are you saying that you are one of those commies who wants to conflate "well regulated" with "encumbered with regulations" , as if the original context that lefties try to hide never existed?

Regulated = Regulations

Learn English

Regulated = Regulations

got a link???

see post #90
But pretend we never saw #94, right?

Regulated = Regulations

Learn English

Regulated = Regulations

got a link???

see post #90

thats a synonym,,other definitions are to make regular which means the government should supply weapons to all able bodied men,,,

thats one meaning,,,

Regulated = Regulations

Learn English

Regulated = Regulations

What kind of regulations should be imposed upon Militias that people decide to establish?

The liberal thought that people should get organized into militia and spend their weekends in formation out in the woods is interesting, but not enough details are provided on what they exactly want the people to do

thats one meaning,,,

Regulated = Regulations

Learn English

Regulated = Regulations

What kind of regulations should be imposed upon Militias that people decide to establish?

The liberal thought that people should get organized into militia and spend their weekends in formation out in the woods is interesting, but not enough details are provided on what they exactly want the people to do

we can start with the government providing arms to all able bodied men to keep in their homes ready for use,,,

Exactly

Are you saying that you are one of those commies who wants to conflate "well regulated" with "encumbered with regulations" , as if the original context that lefties try to hide never existed?

Exactly

Any way you slice it, well regulated means a militia you can depend on. In the 18th century that meant militias that were trained, had an organized structure, were registered as members of the militia and had a record of the arms they possessed

Exactly

Any way you slice it, well regulated means a militia you can depend on. In the 18th century that meant militias that were trained, had an organized structure, were registered as members of the militia and had a record of the arms they possessed

got a link???
cause that sounds like bullshit,,,

They relied on well regulated (trained and organized) militias to provide security while we organized an Army
Cute how you selectively use "well regulated" in its correct period context. You still phrased it in a way that supports the current lefty notion that our 2nd amendment right is limited to being in some formally trained government approved militia, but at least you addressed "some" of the original and correct context. Commies are like weeds. Spray them here, and they just sprout up over there. You got called on your context lie, but here you are organising a new way to exploit the original context.

It is nice how we now have all of the branches of military AND the right to keep and bear arms.

Cute how you selectively use "well regulated" in its correct period context. You still phrased it in a way that supports the current lefty notion that our 2nd amendment right is limited to being in some formally trained government approved militia, but at least you addressebd "some" of the original and correct context. Commies are like weeds. Spray them here, and they just sprout up over there. You got called on your context lie, but here you are organising a new way to exploit the original context.

It is nice how we now have all of the branches of military AND the right to keep and bear arms.

Funny how you present some obscure explanation of “well regulated” while you ignore how well regulated militias of the 18th century were organized and controlled

Cute how you selectively use "well regulated" in its correct period context. You still phrased it in a way that supports the current lefty notion that our 2nd amendment right is limited to being in some formally trained government approved militia, but at least you addressebd "some" of the original and correct context. Commies are like weeds. Spray them here, and they just sprout up over there. You got called on your context lie, but here you are organising a new way to exploit the original context.

Funny how you present some obscure explanation of “well regulated” while you ignore how well regulated militias of the 18th century were organized and controlled

compared to what you ignore hes spot on,,,and youre a liar and an idiot,,

Forum List

Back