Why We're Where We Are

Edge, you are mental.

The attorney, not you, makes the decision.

That is they way it is, no matter how much you cry.

Let's leave it up to those familiar with Schlesinger, and with your track record, to determine who is wrong.

Let's leave it up to those familiar with Schlesinger, and with your track record, to determine who is wrong.

I'm more familiar with Schlesinger than you are, because I know WHY he criticized FDR's policies.

Quoting Schlesinger:

"The reason the New Deal did not do even better was that Roosevelt, though much denounced at the time as a profligate spender, remained at heart a budget-balancer and a planner.

In any event, the hysterical opposition of businessmen to public spending for anyone but themselves made it politically impossible for him to spend very much."

See? Schlesinger faults FDR not for too much government spending, but for not enough.

The Hundred Days of F.D.R.

Oh, and let's add this gem from Schlesinger, now that you've decided he's your personal genius.

"The Hundred Days were only the start of a process that ended by transforming American society. Who can now imagine a day when America offered no Social Security, no unemployment compensation, no food stamps, no Federal guarantee of bank deposits, no Federal supervision of the stock market, no Federal protection for collective bargaining, no Federal standards for wages and hours, no Federal support for farm prices or rural electrification, no Federal refinancing for farm and home mortgages, no Federal commitment to high employment or to equal opportunity - in short, no Federal responsibility for Americans who found themselves, through no fault of their own, in economic or social distress?

These social changes have won general approval. Even the Reagan counterrevolution, for all its 19th-century laissez-faire and Social Darwinist passions, shrinks from abolishing the framework of social protection -the ''safety nets'' - created by the New Deal."

Who looks stupid now, monkey?

Gee....I suggested that the reader could decide who to believe, Schlesinger, or a serial liar....

...and you're sweating like a stuck pig.

How appropriate!

Now that I've proven that Schlesinger was to the left of FDR on the Great Depression, you're back to throwing feces at the audience.

But you didn't manage to deny this:

. Arthur Schlesinger, Jr., liberal New Deal historian wrote in The National Experience, in 1963, “Though the policies of the Hundred Days had ended despair, they had not produce recovery…

He also wrote honestly about the devastating crash of 1937- in the midst of the “second New Deal” and Roosevelt’s second term. “The collapse in the months after September 1937 was actually more severe than it had been in the first nine months of the depression: national income fell 13 %, payrolls 35 %, durable goods production 50 %, profits 78% .

If you weren't the lowest of the low, this would be another example of you embarrassing yourself.

Yes I have. Your denial notwithstanding.

Seems like beating a dead horse to show that you are a liar....but it is fun.

1. I quoted Arthur Schlesinger.....he's a Liberal historian...isn't he?
One for me.

2. Speaking as an expert on the era, he said 'the [Roosevelt] policies of the Hundred Days had ended despair, they had not produce recovery…

Do you know what that means, 'had not produced recovery'?

Two for me.

3. Resorting to your usual device...lying...you claimed the downturn ended in 1933...
but the Liberal historian, and expert on the era, basically called you a bald-faced liar....as follows:
"The collapse in the months after September 1937 was actually more severe than it had been in the first nine months of the depression..."

Three for me.....a shut-out.

In your face, boyyyyeeeeeee.

So you can cite the law, good for you. So can the US attorney. "Shall" is not mandatory, son. It's the attorney's discretion, not yours, not the House. You don't like it. No one cares.

Edgetho's melting mind is having a particularly troublesome day.
You are a lying motherfucker. That's the end of it. Period
No, I am not; yes, you are. You don't decide how it works. The attorney does, and that is the end of it. :lol:

You are not only a lying motherfucker, you're fucking STUPID as well...

The word 'shall' imposes a duty --

Legalwriting.net shall vs. will

To correctly use "shall," confine it to the meaning "has a duty to" and use it to impose a duty on a capable actor. Bryan A. Garner, A Dictionary of Modern Legal Usage 940–941 (2d ed., Oxford U. Press 1995). Here's how:
  • Lessee shall sell the remaining oil . . .
In other words--
  • Lessee [an actor capable of carrying out an obligation] shall [has a duty to] sell the remaining oil . . .
Edge:
The word 'will' imposes an obligation. NOT a duty.

You are one lying motherfucker. And I might be your daddy but I promise you I'm not your son.

I thought I kicked that last one down the stairs after she spent my $200 I gave her for the abortion on crack.

Explains a lot

scumbag motherfucker

You should let it all out, Edgey....

Stop pussy-footin' around and tell him what you really think of him!

I'll hold ya' coat.

8.The Founders of this nation had been religious folks, spiritual.....

.... their dream has become a nightmare of totalitarianism.

The government which was once formed around allowing citizens 'Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness" is now one based on restricting almost everything"

a. "Atty General Holder Argues Parents Have No Right to Educate their Children"
While the Obama Administration refuses to expel illegal aliens who have committed felonies and welcomes in immigrants with AIDS, European Christians who don’t like the compulsory indoctrination of their children are not their cup of tea." http://www.frontpagemag.com/2013/dg...ents-have-no-right-to-educate-their-children/

b. "Obama to ban bullets by executive action, threatens top-selling AR-15 rifle" As promised, President Obama is using executive actions to impose gun control on the nation, targeting the top-selling rifle in the country, the AR-15 style semi-automatic, with a ban on one of the most-used AR bullets by sportsmen and target shooters."
Obama to ban bullets by executive action threatens top-selling AR-15 rifle WashingtonExaminer.com

c. "Most individual health insurance isn't good enough for Obamacare"
Just over half of the individual plans currently on the market do not meet the standards to be sold next year, when many key provisions of President Obama's Affordable Care Act kick in, ..." Most individual health insurance isn t good enough for Obamacare - Apr. 3 2013

Let's remember that they were good enough for most Americans: "When we started this health care debate a year ago, 85 percent of the American people had health insurance, and 95 percent of the 85 percent were happy with it."

George Will

•Quinnipiac University, Sept. 2009. "How satisfied are you with your health insurance plan?" 54 percent very satisfied, 34 percent somewhat.Total: 88 percent satisfaction.

•Quinnipiac University, June 2009. "How satisfied are you with your health insurance plan?" 49 percent very satisfied, 36 somewhat satisfied.Total: 85 percent satisfaction.

•ABC News/Washington Post, June 2009. "For each specific item I name, please tell me whether you are very satisfied with it, somewhat satisfied, somewhat dissatisfied or very dissatisfied. ... Your health insurance coverage." 42 percent very satisfied, 39 percent somewhat satisfied. Total: 81 percent satisfaction.

•Mathew Greenwald & Associates for the Employee Benefit Research Institute, May 2009. "Overall, how satisfied are you with your current health insurance plan?" 21 percent extremely satisfied, 37 percent very satisfied, 30 percent somewhat satisfied.Total: 88 percent satisfaction.

•ABC News/Washington Post, June 2009. "For each specific item I name, please tell me whether you are very satisfied with it, somewhat satisfied, somewhat dissatisfied or very dissatisfied. ... Your health insurance coverage." 42 percent very satisfied, 39 percent somewhat satisfied.Total: 81 percent satisfaction.

•Mathew Greenwald & Associates for the Employee Benefit Research Institute, Aug. 2008. "Please rate your satisfaction with each of the following aspects of your health care. ... Quality of health care I receive through my (health insurance) plan." 31 percent extremely satisfied, 41 percent very satisfied, 23 somewhat satisfied.Total: 95 percent satisfaction.

•Mathew Greenwald & Associates for the Employee Benefit Research Institute, Aug. 2008. "Please rate your satisfaction with each of the following aspects of your health care. ... Overall satisfaction with my health (insurance) care plan." 23 percent extremely satisfied, 38 percent very satisfied, 30 percent somewhat satisfied.Total: 91 percent satisfaction.

•Mathew Greenwald & Associates for the Employee Benefit Research Institute, May 2008. "Overall, how satisfied are you with your current health insurance plan?" 17 percent extremely satisfied, 36 percent very satisfied, 33 percent somewhat satisfied.Total: 86 percent satisfaction.

If you average these eight scores, the total rate of satisfaction is 87 percent. Will says that 95 percent of people with health insurance are satisfied with it PolitiFact

Totalitarian governance bears little resemblance to one that values personal liberty.

I'm more familiar with Schlesinger than you are, because I know WHY he criticized FDR's policies.

Quoting Schlesinger:

"The reason the New Deal did not do even better was that Roosevelt, though much denounced at the time as a profligate spender, remained at heart a budget-balancer and a planner.

In any event, the hysterical opposition of businessmen to public spending for anyone but themselves made it politically impossible for him to spend very much."

See? Schlesinger faults FDR not for too much government spending, but for not enough.

The Hundred Days of F.D.R.

Oh, and let's add this gem from Schlesinger, now that you've decided he's your personal genius.

"The Hundred Days were only the start of a process that ended by transforming American society. Who can now imagine a day when America offered no Social Security, no unemployment compensation, no food stamps, no Federal guarantee of bank deposits, no Federal supervision of the stock market, no Federal protection for collective bargaining, no Federal standards for wages and hours, no Federal support for farm prices or rural electrification, no Federal refinancing for farm and home mortgages, no Federal commitment to high employment or to equal opportunity - in short, no Federal responsibility for Americans who found themselves, through no fault of their own, in economic or social distress?

These social changes have won general approval. Even the Reagan counterrevolution, for all its 19th-century laissez-faire and Social Darwinist passions, shrinks from abolishing the framework of social protection -the ''safety nets'' - created by the New Deal."

Who looks stupid now, monkey?

Gee....I suggested that the reader could decide who to believe, Schlesinger, or a serial liar....

...and you're sweating like a stuck pig.

How appropriate!

Now that I've proven that Schlesinger was to the left of FDR on the Great Depression, you're back to throwing feces at the audience.

But you didn't manage to deny this:

. Arthur Schlesinger, Jr., liberal New Deal historian wrote in The National Experience, in 1963, “Though the policies of the Hundred Days had ended despair, they had not produce recovery…

He also wrote honestly about the devastating crash of 1937- in the midst of the “second New Deal” and Roosevelt’s second term. “The collapse in the months after September 1937 was actually more severe than it had been in the first nine months of the depression: national income fell 13 %, payrolls 35 %, durable goods production 50 %, profits 78% .

If you weren't the lowest of the low, this would be another example of you embarrassing yourself.

Yes I have. Your denial notwithstanding.

Seems like beating a dead horse to show that you are a liar....but it is fun.

1. I quoted Arthur Schlesinger.....he's a Liberal historian...isn't he?
One for me.

2. Speaking as an expert on the era, he said 'the [Roosevelt] policies of the Hundred Days had ended despair, they had not produce recovery…

Do you know what that means, 'had not produced recovery'?

Two for me.

3. Resorting to your usual device...lying...you claimed the downturn ended in 1933...
but the Liberal historian, and expert on the era, basically called you a bald-faced liar....as follows:
"The collapse in the months after September 1937 was actually more severe than it had been in the first nine months of the depression..."

Three for me.....a shut-out.

In your face, boyyyyeeeeeee.
FDR was transforming the country into one that relied less on oligarchs and big business and gave government options to neutralize the powers of the obscene rich. That meant a literal transfer of profit away from the profiteers and into the hands of the masses. Hence, there were two distinct economies going on at the same time and both of them fluctuated as the transfer occurred. Revisionist like to use the negativity experienced by private industry and ignore the benefits created in society as a whole. Private business constantly complained that they were not advancing enough and getting a "Raw Deal" while FDR was giving the entire nation a "New Deal". Eventually private industry caught up and a balance was reached after the war which would last until the attempted dismantling of New Deal concepts with Reagan. Even Reagan saw the value of FDR's concepts and left many of them alone, however he gave confidence to the kleptocrats and corporatist who are steadily financing the fronts for obtaining the dream of Tories and the aristocrats.

1. A chicken in every pot, a new Chevrolet in every garage......

It is difficult to fight materialism....in fact, it is a mistake to fight it in the absolute, meaning if the alternative is starvation and homelessness.

That was the reason for so much of Franklin Roosevelt's success.

Herbert Hoover was the reason for FDR's success?

It is difficult to fight materialism....in fact, it is a mistake to fight it in the absolute, meaning if the alternative is starvation and homelessness.

Herbert Hoover was the reason for FDR's success?
She's totally ignored that point.

Under totalitarian governance, written law has no real effect. Case in point, the Russian constitution.

And this:

9. "Law prof: Obama power grab threatens to make president 'government unto himself'
.... Jonathan Turley issued a dire warning Thursday about the growth of executive power under President Obama, saying if left unchecked the U.S. president could "effectively become a government unto himself."

...a day after testifying before the House Judiciary Committee on the same topic. During the hearing, he warned that the nation is at a "constitutional tipping point" as the White House concentrates more and more power.

But he laid the blame at the feet of Congress as well, expressing shock that lawmakers have not fought back harder. "There's not been a whimper of regret or opposition of any substance coming from Congress," he said, adding: "To watch their power usurped by another branch, you would think would concentrate the minds of all members."
Law prof Obama power grab threatens to make president government unto himself Fox News

a. "in America, the law is King. For as in absolute governments the king is law, so in free countriesthe law ought to be king; and there ought to be no other." "Common Sense," Thomas Paine.

b. des·pot
(dĕs′pət)
n.
a
: a ruler with absolute power and authority

b: a person exercising power tyrannically
Despot Definition of despot by Merriam-Webster

Happening before your very eyes, largely because of an electorate that has accepted material rewards, entitlements, in place of their American birthright.

And once the desire for material satisfaction is given societal blessing....well, the line between sustaining life and simple greed is blurred.

Government promises you the chicken, and the Chevy.

Few ask where government gets the money to fulfill those promises, but your part of the deal is your vote, and what bit of liberty they chip away from your birthright.

But, like it or not, if you agree to the deal....you are a Leftist.
"Dialectical materialism... is a philosophy of science and nature, based on the writings of Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels,..." Dialectical materialism - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

2. Every Leftist is, essentially, a Marxist…even though most eschew the title since the fall of the Soviet Union. Even so, Left-wing ideas are predicated on Marx’s materialist view. Philosophically, the term implies that only material things are real.
Dennis Prager.

And, if the only reality is materialism, there is no such thing as the spiritual, or morality, or responsibility.

a. Even in the 19th century, as religious conviction waned, the warnings were there. Ivan Karamazov, in “The Brothers Karamazov,” exclaimed ‘if God does not exist, then everything is permitted.’
Concentration camps, gulags, famine as a government policy, show trials, torture....everything.

Hence, the reason for the ascendancy of Leftism: free chicken, Chevrolets, and the ability to do whatever feels good.

3. All of this was predicted....warned of....almost two centuries ago, by Alexis de Tocqueville. Writing “Democracy in America” in the 1830’s, he described Liberalism as “an immense, tutelary power, which takes sole charge of assuring their enjoyment and of watching over their fate.” As he predicted, this power is “absolute, attentive to detail, regular, provident, and gentle,” and it “works willingly for their happiness, but it wishes to be the only agent and the sole arbiter of that happiness. It provides for their security, foresees and supplies their needs, guides them in their principal affairs, directs their industry, regulates their testaments, divides their inheritances.”

It is entirely proper to ask, as he asked, whether it can “relieve them entirely of the trouble of thinking and of the effort associated with living.”

4. We Americans have stumbled into the great sea change, from a nation based on individualism, free markets, and limited constitutional government, to one under the thumb of despotism. Think not? Still believe in the Constitution and on checks and balances?

Recently, the 'President' spit on those checks and balances:
" Obama Dares GOP: Go Ahead, ‘Have a Vote on Whether What I’m Doing Is Legal…I Will Veto’

“So in the short term,if Mr. McConnell, the leader of the Senate, and the Speaker of the House, John Boehner,want to have a vote on whether what I’m doing is legal or not, they can have that vote. I will veto that vote, because I’m absolutely confident that what we’re doing is the right thing to do.”
Obama Dares GOP Go Ahead Have a Vote on Whether What I m Doing Is Legal I Will Veto MRCTV
This is why you are in Brooklyn?

Think this is not a totalitarian administration?

"....the Obama administration refused to provide information more than 550,000 times in response to Freedom of Information Act requests.

“I worry that over the course of several administrations but certainly this administration, the stiff arm that is being given to the media, that has been given to the public has become excessive. In this administration there were more than 550,000 times that the administration has claimed some sort of exemption and not let that information out,” he said at a National Journal event focused on Chaffetz’s chairmanship.

“In fact, less than 30 percent of the time that somebody submits a FOIA request do they actually get information back, a full and complete accounting of what they asked for, less than 30 percent. That’s just not who were are as a people.”
FOIA backlog has doubled under Obama administration PJ Media

Yeah....this is exactly who we are as a people.
And it is because of a large segment of the population that is willing to be treated as subjects of a king, rather than a free and noble nation.

58,720,700 voted for this.

And once the desire for material satisfaction is given societal blessing....well, the line between sustaining life and simple greed is blurred.

Few ask where government gets the money to fulfill those promises, but your part of the deal is your vote, and what bit of liberty they chip away from your birthright.

"Dialectical materialism... is a philosophy of science and nature, based on the writings of Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels,..." Dialectical materialism - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

2. Every Leftist is, essentially, a Marxist…even though most eschew the title since the fall of the Soviet Union. Even so, Left-wing ideas are predicated on Marx’s materialist view. Philosophically, the term implies that only material things are real.
Dennis Prager.

And, if the only reality is materialism, there is no such thing as the spiritual, or morality, or responsibility.

a. Even in the 19th century, as religious conviction waned, the warnings were there. Ivan Karamazov, in “The Brothers Karamazov,” exclaimed ‘if God does not exist, then everything is permitted.’
Concentration camps, gulags, famine as a government policy, show trials, torture....everything.

Hence, the reason for the ascendancy of Leftism: free chicken, Chevrolets, and the ability to do whatever feels good.

3. All of this was predicted....warned of....almost two centuries ago, by Alexis de Tocqueville. Writing “Democracy in America” in the 1830’s, he described Liberalism as “an immense, tutelary power, which takes sole charge of assuring their enjoyment and of watching over their fate.” As he predicted, this power is “absolute, attentive to detail, regular, provident, and gentle,” and it “works willingly for their happiness, but it wishes to be the only agent and the sole arbiter of that happiness. It provides for their security, foresees and supplies their needs, guides them in their principal affairs, directs their industry, regulates their testaments, divides their inheritances.”

It is entirely proper to ask, as he asked, whether it can “relieve them entirely of the trouble of thinking and of the effort associated with living.”

4. We Americans have stumbled into the great sea change, from a nation based on individualism, free markets, and limited constitutional government, to one under the thumb of despotism. Think not? Still believe in the Constitution and on checks and balances?

" Obama Dares GOP: Go Ahead, ‘Have a Vote on Whether What I’m Doing Is Legal…I Will Veto’

“So in the short term,if Mr. McConnell, the leader of the Senate, and the Speaker of the House, John Boehner,want to have a vote on whether what I’m doing is legal or not, they can have that vote. I will veto that vote, because I’m absolutely confident that what we’re doing is the right thing to do.”
Obama Dares GOP Go Ahead Have a Vote on Whether What I m Doing Is Legal I Will Veto MRCTV
This is why you are in Brooklyn?

Nah....because it was upwind from you.

If Obama voters believe in law and the Constitution.....then Obama must know he has to obey same.....

Now...if any believe that Obama doesn't recognize that he is corrupt and lawless.....

10. "Obama threatens vetoes of bills requiring him to follow the law
... Obama is threatening to veto a law that would allow Congress to sue him in federal courts for arbitrarily changing or refusing to enforce federal laws because it "violates the separation of powers" by encroaching on his presidential authority.

The lead sponsor of the measure, Rep.Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., said it was designed to curb Obama's abuse of presidential authority, most notably in his frequent changes to Obamacare.

"We have pursued certain remedies afforded to Congress to address executive overreach but these efforts have been thwarted," Gowdy said. "This bill is necessary; it will give Congress the authority to defend this branch of government as the Framers and our fellow citizens would expect."

Obama also threatened to veto another bill by Rep. Ron DeSantis, R-Fla., which would require the administration to explain decisions not to enforce laws when those decisions are rooted in policy concerns rather than just constitutional concerns (which theJustice Departmentis already required to do).

"The American people deserve to know exactly which laws the Obama administration is refusing to enforce and why," DeSantis said when introducing his bill." Obama threatens vetoes of bills requiring him to follow the law WashingtonExaminer.com

We live in a lawless nation with a lawless President.

Dennis Prager.

Do you not find it ironic that the Republican party is the defender of the rich, the most materialistic group of people in America?

Facts not in evidence.

It's one of those 'common sense' judgments, like 'two plumb lines are parallel.'

You really should think before you post.

Rich people generally choose to have more material things than everyone else. The live in bigger, nicer homes. They wear nicer clothes. They drive more expensive cars. They have more material things. They could choose to not to live like that. They could choose to live modestly, shop at WalMart, and buy Camrys. But they generally don't. They have more, nicer material things. Hence, rich people are more material.

Rich people tend to support the Republican Party more.

Ergo, the Republican Party supports the most material group of people in America.

Dennis Prager.

Do you not find it ironic that the Republican party is the defender of the rich, the most materialistic group of people in America?

Facts not in evidence.

It's one of those 'common sense' judgments, like 'two plumb lines are parallel.'

You really should think before you post.

Rich people generally choose to have more material things than everyone else. The live in bigger, nicer homes. They wear nicer clothes. They drive more expensive cars. They have more material things. They could choose to not to live like that. They could choose to live modestly, shop at WalMart, and buy Camrys. But they generally don't. They have more, nicer material things. Hence, rich people are more material.

Rich people tend to support the Republican Party more.

Ergo, the Republican Party supports the most material group of people in America.

It'd be pretty stupid to claim that lower taxes doesn't benefit everyone.
You're not stupid, are you?

It's be pretty stupid to believe that most people don't want to better themselves materially.
You're not stupid, are you?

And all those things you claim 'rich people' have.....it'd be pretty stupid to claim that the less rich don't want.
You're not stupid are you?

Then stop doing contortions to defend the Liberals/Progressives who who stole freedom and liberty by bribing the electorate with material rewards.

So you can cite the law, good for you. So can the US attorney. "Shall" is not mandatory, son. It's the attorney's discretion, not yours, not the House. You don't like it. No one cares.

Edgetho's melting mind is having a particularly troublesome day.
You are a lying motherfucker. That's the end of it. Period
No, I am not; yes, you are. You don't decide how it works. The attorney does, and that is the end of it. :lol:

You are not only a lying motherfucker, you're fucking STUPID as well...

The word 'shall' imposes a duty --

Legalwriting.net shall vs. will

To correctly use "shall," confine it to the meaning "has a duty to" and use it to impose a duty on a capable actor. Bryan A. Garner, A Dictionary of Modern Legal Usage 940–941 (2d ed., Oxford U. Press 1995). Here's how:
  • Lessee shall sell the remaining oil . . .
In other words--
  • Lessee [an actor capable of carrying out an obligation] shall [has a duty to] sell the remaining oil . . .
Edge:
The word 'will' imposes an obligation. NOT a duty.

You are one lying motherfucker. And I might be your daddy but I promise you I'm not your son.

I thought I kicked that last one down the stairs after she spent my $200 I gave her for the abortion on crack.

Explains a lot

scumbag motherfucker
You should let it all out, Edgey....Stop pussy-footin' around and tell him what you really think of him! I'll hold ya' coat.
The word is "shall", a duty to be, which is investigated by the attorney, who basically said, "The Congress and Edgetho are stupid, and this just won't fly."

Edge, you simply don't have on the Board or in your life what it takes to succeed.

Son, it is what is. :lol:

PC, you goober, our American materialism is rooted in our greed fostered by capitalism.

That you live in a rent-controlled apartment simply means you are not succeeding in our world.

Forum List

Back