Why We're Where We Are

Lemme guess, it's all lefty's fault.

Leaders on the right have all been brilliant insightful statesmen- ahead of their time, like Rick Perry and Sarah Palin.

You have to admit, Haznonuts, that for all her faults, Sarah Palin knows a HELL of a lot more about foreign policy than that worthless moron Obama does.

Lemme guess, it's all lefty's fault.

Leaders on the right have all been brilliant insightful statesmen- ahead of their time, like Rick Perry and Sarah Palin.

You have to admit, Haznonuts, that for all her faults, Sarah Palin knows a HELL of a lot more about foreign policy than that worthless moron Obama does.

"Palin’s comments about Ukraine came during an Oct. 21, 2008, speech in Reno, Nev. (You can watch them for yourself here.)

Palin first mockingly thanked Democratic vice presidential nominee Joe Biden, who days earlier said that Americans need to "gird your loins" for an international crisis if Obama was elected. "Watch, we’re gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy," Biden said.

Palin then turned to Obama’s foreign policy positions, criticizing Obama for:

• Saying he would negotiate with Iran without preconditions;

• Saying that he was ready to send American forces into Pakistan without that country’s approval;

• Wanting to withdraw American troops out of Iraq, "meaning our troops would have to go back to Iraq."
At that point Palin turned to Ukraine, and uttered the quote she referenced in her Facebook post. "After the Russian Army invaded the nation of Georgia, Sen. Obama's reaction was one of indecision and moral equivalence, the kind of response that would only encourage Russia's Putin to invade Ukraine next."

Palin said that day, "I want a president with the experience, judgment, wisdom and truthfulness to meet the next international crisis, or better yet, to avoid it."
Palin I predicted Obama s win would trigger a Russian invasion into Ukraine PunditFact

I'm a Republican.

I also work with rich people, some who are extraordinarily wealthy. And I generally admire them for it because almost all that I know have earned it. I would like to see more people get wealthy.

But the premise in the OP is that the Left is materialistic. It is the rich who possess more materials, and it is the Republican Party and conservative ideology which protects and promotes this.

That's not a normative judgement. That's merely an empirical statement. Thus, the premise in the OP is incorrect and the argument fails.

Those who lack money are obsessed with it.

Those who have money are not.

[

I work with Wall Street. That's pretty much all they care about.

They are very driven, very hard-working, and very, very money-oriented.

I would guess that the driver is the job they do - a developer obsesses over perfect code, a broker would be obsessed with the perfect trade, which is measured in money.

[

I work with Wall Street. That's pretty much all they care about.

They are very driven, very hard-working, and very, very money-oriented.

I would guess that the driver is the job they do - a developer obsesses over perfect code, a broker would be obsessed with the perfect trade, which is measured in money.

That's certainly part of it. They all want to up the next guy and money is a scorecard. Once they get above $100 million, much of it will go to charity anyways. But they all certainly live well.

Hoover emitted the chicken in every pot standard, through his failed policies on the depression presidency...the American voter wanted action by the govt. and elected a man that delivered, FDR, and they kept electing him because at least he tried, where the GOP wanted to wait for a prevailing wind to set sail....

Astounding how consistently wrong you are!

Batting a negative .1000!

"....the American voter wanted action by the govt. and elected a man that delivered, FDR,...."

1. He did no such thing......in fact, he extended the recession into a depression.

2. The basis of FDR's 1932 campaign to win the presidency from Herbert Hoover was his emphatic promise to the suffering American people, that he would balance the budget. Of course, he also promised that he would use the government to create jobs, and that they "had a right to a comfortable living."
FDR s Commonwealth Club Address

3.The part about balancing the budget had a certain resonance as President Harding had veered sharply away from federal spending and solved as big a recession in about one year. Certainly Franklin Roosevelt knew this, as he hammered away at Hoover's spending. October 19, 1932, he nailed Hoover, observing that in recent years federal expenses had increased by $1 billion "and that I may add, is the most reckless and extravagant past that I have been able to discover in the statistical record of any peacetime Government anywhere, any time." Franklin D. Roosevelt Campaign Address on the Federal Budget at Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

a. And this: "... carrying out the plain precept of our Party, which is to reduce the cost of current Federal Government operations by 25 percent." Ibid.

b. Roosevelt expanded the federal government and ran up deficits much greater than those of Hoover.

4. Franklin Roosevelt's Treasury Secretary Henry Morgenthau confessed that the "New Deal" was a failure in sworn testimony before Congress on May 9, 1939.

"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work."

And FDR's Treasury Secretary also told Congress:

"I say after eight years of this Administration we have just as much unemployment as when we started. ... And an enormous debt to boot!" (See: Human EventsGet Over It New Deal Didn t Do the Job Human Events\
and
The Heritage Foundation We re Spending More Than Ever and It Doesn t Work .)

Read more:Articles The Madness of Keynesian Economics

Gawd, you lie right through your teeth.

It was a full blown depression of epic proportions long before FDR won his first landslide, in 1932.

It's why they were called "Hoovervilles" already in 1930, ya dumbfuck.

Now watch how effortlessly I prove what an ass you are:
Here is an interesting visual: imagine a triple line of the unemployed, three across, consisting of those unemployed under Hoover, in 1931. The line would have gonefrom Los Angeles, across the country, to the border of Maine.

What effect did Roosevelt have on the line?

Well, eight years later, in 1939, the length of the line would have gone further, from the Maine border, south to Boston, then on to New York City, then to Philadelphia, on to Washington, D.C.- and finally, into Virginia.
Folsom, "New Deal or Raw Deal"

Think Folsom was wrong?

Check it out at the US Bureau of the Census, 'Historical Statistics of the United States: Colonial Times to 1970, I-126 and
Unemployment Statistics during the Great Depression

I would suggest that you only post about things you have knowledge....

but we both know that that would end your posting career.
A recession is not a great depression....the people spoke at the voting booth about how they thought FDR was doing at his job.......sorry the GOP is still butt hurt bad over it....

GOP ?

I know dems who think he was a schmuck.

Wallet hurt is more like it.

Hoover emitted the chicken in every pot standard, through his failed policies on the depression presidency...the American voter wanted action by the govt. and elected a man that delivered FDR, and they kept electing him because at least he tried, where the GOP wanted to wait for a prevailing wind to set sail....

People think of Hoover as a typical, non-interventionist Republican. He was not.

In fact, he was almost booted from the Harding Administration for being such an interventionist when he was the 3rd Secretary of Commerce.

It was Hoover's interventionist theories like Smoot Hawley that cause the Depression to worsen.

Harding went through a Depression, too. But, you're a dimocrap, too stupid to know that.

As to FDR? He NEVER did get us out of the Deprression.

Never. In fact, in early 1941, they year the War Started for us, unemployment was at 14.1%

After almost 8 years of fighting the Depression, FDR had lost.

Oh? You're stupid and want to know what got us out of the Depression?

That's easy, stupid. World War II got us out of the Depression. Stupid.

Here's a thought for your tiny little brain.......

Every minute of every hour of every day that FDR was President, this Country was in abject misery. Either the Depression that kicked his ass or World War II.

FDR was a TERRIBLE President. But not the worst ever. The worst ever is the scum-sucking Lying Cocksucker we currently have infesting the White House -- Because of scumbags like you

Unemployment was 23% the year FDR took office.

If WWII was what got us out of the Depression, that only means that FDR should have embarked on an unprecedented GOVERNMENT SPENDING PROGRAM sooner,

because that is what WWII amounted to economically,

A MASSIVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING PROGRAM.

Trump is a progressive statist, and if elected, he will stomp any resistance of the far right to his programs.

Forum List

Back