Why Weren't Annapolis Victims Armed ?

This argument is not going to fly this time. Police were on site within 60 seconds. Obviously such an extremely fast response is not typical, but it does cut the legs out of the "If someone had been armed" speculations in this instance.

60 seconds still enabled the shooter to kill five people. If someone were already on scene, and armed, that number may have been less.

You're saying you're "dead"?

That does explain a hell of a lot of your posts actually.
It doesn't do you a service, just being silly snarky. Even kind of shows you have nothing to contribute to the discussion.

Reading lesson #94386. Here's what the exchange was actually about. Roll tape.

they weren't paranoid nutbars like the op

you're welcome
Wow. Is anything dumber than this ? Hey dum dum, you know the definition of "paranoid" ? It means fearing something without a good reason. How is now being DEAD, for a good reason ? God, you're stupid.

The comment wasn't about "the dead" -- it was about YOU. You and your knee-knocking paranoia.

Go get some reading lessons. And don't forget to go armed in case your English teacher hurls a split infinitive at you, snowflake.
Come on he's got a good sense for conjunctions also.

As I said, never mind.

Head in the sand? Government won't protect you. Not their job.
It is their only justifiable "job". It's the only valid treason to have a government.

You might want to get a little bit more educated on this. The SCOTUS has ruled police have no duty to protect you. Even if you have a court ordered order of protection against someone.

Justices Rule Police Do Not Have a Constitutional Duty to Protect Someone
We all have the right to life. Time the government started doing more to protect it. What good is a huge military when our kids aren't even safe in school?

This argument is not going to fly this time. Police were on site within 60 seconds. Obviously such an extremely fast response is not typical, but it does cut the legs out of the "If someone had been armed" speculations in this instance.

60 seconds still enabled the shooter to kill five people. If someone were already on scene, and armed, that number may have been less.
There was armed security at the Orlando night club where 50 were killed and 50 injured. There was armed security at that school shooting in Texas, the officer went to the hospital in critical condition. Hundreds die each year in accidental shootings, I don't think more guns is the answer to anything.

Nope. Because that doesn't happen on my planet in the first place. I happen not to live in Paranoiastan. The only thugs who ever pulled guns on me were cops. And in that case there's nothing you can do.
What the hell are asking about a reference for ? I know liberals are reference crazy, but.......Reference about what ?

As for doesn't happen on your planet, you're on earth. It happens. To you as possibly to anyone else. You're no less vulnerable, but being a liberal, go ahead and present your poppycock scenarios. We normal folks understand.

It only takes a few seconds to kill several people in an enclosed area with a shotgun.

Obviously. But that is beside the point. It's a question of comparing this particular police response with the likely response of an armed but untrained individual. By the time one of these wannabe heroes managed to recover from the initial shock, pull out their weapon, assess the situation, and then maneuver into a position to be able to return fire, the police would have already been on site.

There was armed security at the Orlando night club where 50 were killed and 50 injured. There was armed security at that school shooting in Texas, the officer went to the hospital in critical condition. Hundreds die each year in accidental shootings, I don't think more guns is the answer to anything.
Well then you're just plain WRONG. In the Pulse club, do you think 49 people would be dead if just 10 people were armed ? Omar Mateen would have been hauled out of there looking like swiss cheese. You haven't pointed out anything here.

What would have happened in LAX if good guy with gun hadn't shot Ahmed Mohammed Hadayet ? Or in Garland, TX if not for good guy guns ? Or in Moore, OK ? Hundreds of other examples.

I realize that the subtext for this thread is the gun control debate. But the notion that the way to be safe in public is too walk around armed is nuts.

And if that woman had just slept with Ramos, none of this would have ever happened. But personally, I think we should put the blame on the criminal.

Well then you're just plain WRONG. In the Pulse club, do you think 49 people would be dead if just 10 people were armed ? Omar Mateen would have been hauled out of there looking like swiss cheese. You haven't pointed out anything here.

What would have happened in LAX if good guy with gun hadn't shot Ahmed Mohammed Hadayet ? Or in Garland, TX if not for good guy guns ? Or in Moore, OK ? Hundreds of other examples.
No, I'm correct that there was armed security. And the TX cop mass shooter still killed a lot of officers even though they were all armed. You think a bunch of drunk club goers would have not had lots of friendly fire?

I don't understand how it can be that 5 good people are shot dead by some lunatic, and all of them were walking around in public unarmed. I rarely go anywhere unarmed, and have my gun with me 99% of the time. If they had been armed (or even just 1 of them), the following scenario would have played out. Either >>>

1. The shooter would have been deterred and never would have showed up.

2. The shooter would have ran away as soon as he realized he had firearm resistance.

3. The shooter would have been shot dead, thereby saving at least some (if not all) of the lives that were lost.

I have heard that Maryland (blue state) is an entire, statewide gun-free zone. Not sure about that, but I do know that gun-free zones are getting people killed like flies, so I wouldn't doubt if that was part of the scenario here.

Does anybody know an answer to the question (title) of this OP ?
That's exactly what's wrong with this country...what guarantee UA that you carrying a gun at all when you go nuts you wont use it?
Ever traveled abroad? People are living with no paranoia....sometimes I just dont ig I have to feel sorry pro arms ignorance or hate them for their stupidity.

Drawing a concealed firearm takes less than 3 seconds.

I'm pretty sure it would take you a solid 30 seconds just to finish wetting your pants.

I'd rather be scared shitless and armed than scared shitless and unarmed.

Well you're right about one thing. You're scared shitless. No different than the David Hoggs liberals. They're so desperately scared shitless they start begging for someone to make all the guns magically go away. You're so desperately scared shitless you're begging to be armed to the teeth, hoping that that will make all the bad guys magically go away.

I don't understand how it can be that 5 good people are shot dead by some lunatic, and all of them were walking around in public unarmed. I rarely go anywhere unarmed, and have my gun with me 99% of the time. If they had been armed (or even just 1 of them), the following scenario would have played out. Either >>>

1. The shooter would have been deterred and never would have showed up.

2. The shooter would have ran away as soon as he realized he had firearm resistance.

3. The shooter would have been shot dead, thereby saving at least some (if not all) of the lives that were lost.

I have heard that Maryland (blue state) is an entire, statewide gun-free zone. Not sure about that, but I do know that gun-free zones are getting people killed like flies, so I wouldn't doubt if that was part of the scenario here.

Does anybody know an answer to the question (title) of this OP ?

Why is the NRA national convention a gun-free zone every year.

Thank you!

I realize that the subtext for this thread is the gun control debate. But the notion that the way to be safe in public is too walk around armed is nuts.
The notion that to walk around armed, is nuts, is what is nuts, and I can hardly think of anything more nuts. People who walk around unarmed, are just that >> NUTS (and to a very high degree).

And your plan to repel the person about to kill you ? Lollipop ? Ice cream cone? Sing him a song ? Is there a doctor in the house ? I mean really.

Lots of guns in the club is a great idea....

Well you're right about one thing. You're scared shitless. No different than the David Hoggs liberals. They're so desperately scared shitless they start begging for someone to make all the guns magically go away. You're so desperately scared shitless you're begging to be armed to the teeth, hoping that that will make all the bad guys magically go away.
They go away right after you put a couple of bullets in them.

Forum List

Back