Why Weren't Annapolis Victims Armed ?

Because the ability to be secure in public, without walking around armed, is why we have government on the first place. If I have to pack heat just to go to the grocery store, I'm not going to bother paying taxes.
The IRS will get after you, if your neighborhood bully/mugger doesn't get to you first.
Do you have a point? No, wait. Never mind.
Did you know 100% of unarmed people killed in a shooting are pretty much fucked? How is that for a point?

Sheep and sheep dogs.

Ninety-nine percent of days you leave home will be safe as any other. Face it: that's playing the percentages. Rationalization for arming yourself is about the other 1% possibility the percentages have aligned against you. When that happens, and your need for a firearm and training becomes a matter of life and death, then it's too late.

Then the sheep dog is the only hope you have in the form a police offer, security guard or armed citizen.

I realize that the subtext for this thread is the gun control debate. But the notion that the way to be safe in public is too walk around armed is nuts.
The notion that to walk around armed, is nuts, is what is nuts, and I can hardly think of anything more nuts. People who walk around unarmed, are just that >> NUTS (and to a very high degree).

And your plan to repel the person about to kill you ? Lollipop ? Ice cream cone? Sing him a song ? Is there a doctor in the house ? I mean really.
Why are you so scared someone is going to try to kill you? Are you involved in illegal activity? I'm pretty old now and not only has nobody ever tried to kill me, but I don't know anyone who has had someone try to kill them.

Why are you so scared someone is going to try to kill you? Are you involved in illegal activity? I'm pretty old now and not only has nobody ever tried to kill me, but I don't know anyone who has had someone try to kill them.

Because there are bad people out there with guns.

So the answer is good people with guns.

Why are you so confident nobody wants to harm you? Do you have armed guards?

I realize that the subtext for this thread is the gun control debate. But the notion that the way to be safe in public is too walk around armed is nuts.
The notion that to walk around armed, is nuts, is what is nuts, and I can hardly think of anything more nuts. People who walk around unarmed, are just that >> NUTS (and to a very high degree).

And your plan to repel the person about to kill you ? Lollipop ? Ice cream cone? Sing him a song ? Is there a doctor in the house ? I mean really.

The beautified argument of a volunteer victim.

Because there are bad people out there with guns.

So the answer is good people with guns.

Why are you so confident nobody wants to harm you? Do you have armed guards?
There are lots of bad people with guns because of so many guns.
Criminals steal more than 237,000 guns from legal American gun owners every year

It sure doesn't help that the NRA has limited what the ATF can do.
NRA actively worked to weaken gun law enforcement

Are you involved in criminal activity?

I don't understand how it can be that 5 good people are shot dead by some lunatic, and all of them were walking around in public unarmed. I rarely go anywhere unarmed, and have my gun with me 99% of the time. If they had been armed (or even just 1 of them), the following scenario would have played out. Either >>>

1. The shooter would have been deterred and never would have showed up.

2. The shooter would have ran away as soon as he realized he had firearm resistance.

3. The shooter would have been shot dead, thereby saving at least some (if not all) of the lives that were lost.

I have heard that Maryland (blue state) is an entire, statewide gun-free zone. Not sure about that, but I do know that gun-free zones are getting people killed like flies, so I wouldn't doubt if that was part of the scenario here.

Does anybody know an answer to the question (title) of this OP ?

To be blunt: Ef you for trying to turn this into a gun zone debate. They SHOULDN'T HAVE HAD TO BE ARMED!! WTF kind of society do we live in that everyone should be ARMED ALL THE TIME???

the mindless ramblings of a rabid gun nut

I don't understand how it can be that 5 good people are shot dead by some lunatic, and all of them were walking around in public unarmed. I rarely go anywhere unarmed, and have my gun with me 99% of the time. If they had been armed (or even just 1 of them), the following scenario would have played out. Either >>>

2. The shooter would have ran away as soon as he realized he had firearm resistance.

3. The shooter would have been shot dead, thereby saving at least some (if not all) of the lives that were lost.

I have heard that Maryland (blue state) is an entire, statewide gun-free zone. Not sure about that, but I do know that gun-free zones are getting people killed like flies, so I wouldn't doubt if that was part of the scenario here.

To be blunt: Ef you for trying to turn this into a gun zone debate. They SHOULDN'T HAVE HAD TO BE ARMED? WTF kind of society do we live in that everyone should be ARMED ALL THE TIME???
I know a lot of people that don't want to ever be armed. It is a sad state when they are considered less safe. The government needs to do something to protect our right to life.

Sure you do. It's in the news every day. It on the Justice Channel and Escape channel in hundreds of TV (real life) episodes. It's on the Most Shocking videos. You're just paying attention.

BTW, ever hear of Capital Gazette ? San Bernardino ? Fort Hood ? Pulse Club ? Parkland ?LAX ? Virginia Tech ? etc , etc.

And I'm not scared that someone is trying to kill me. I'm just a believer in being prepared for what's important. Like staying alive. You wanna tell the friends and relatives of all the deceased in these killings, that everything is fine & dandy ?

To be blunt: Ef you for trying to turn this into a gun zone debate. They SHOULDN'T HAVE HAD TO BE ARMED? WTF kind of society do we live in that everyone should be ARMED ALL THE TIME???
I know a lot of people that don't want to ever be armed. It is a sad state when they are considered less safe. The government needs to do something to protect our right to life.

I own guns. I don't carry them around. Why should I? Why should I NEED to? There is something WAY WRONG with my country if people NEED to carry a gun to work in a newsroom!@!!!!

Sure you do. It's in the news every day. It on the Justice Channel and Escape channel in hundreds of TV (real life) episodes. It's on the Most Shocking videos. You're just paying attention.

BTW, ever hear of Capital Gazette ? San Bernardino ? Fort Hood ? Pulse Club ? Parkland ?LAX ? Virginia Tech ? etc , etc.

And I'm not scared that someone is trying to kill me. I'm just a believer in being prepared for what's important. Like staying alive. You wanna tell the friends and relatives of all the deceased in these killings, that everything is fine & dandy ?
If you want to stay alive you should support gun control. Countries with strong gun control don't have regular mass shootings. They also have homicide rates that are a fraction of ours. Quite the circle of stupidity you are stuck in. Gun industry tells you that you need a gun to be safe. Lots of guns makes us all less safe.

I own guns. I don't carry them around. Why should I? Why should I NEED to? There is something WAY WRONG with my country if people NEED to carry a gun to work in a newsroom!@!!!!
I own lots of guns too. I don't carry and have never needed one. Common sense works just fine....

Forum List

Back