Why would anyone continue to claim the iraqi war was a failure?

You are as goofy as bigreb :lol: Are you as big a drunk? :lol: Some of my fellow veterans, like you, are such a disgrace to the uniform. We have seen so many 'patriots' like you on the board, no love for self or for country. Such a sorry bunch :lol:

Sparky, the only "uniform" you wore was an orange jumpsuit.

Your love of North Korea really doesn't impress me much, BTW.

1) REMOVE SADDAM
DONE
2) STABILIZE COUNTRY
DONE
3) HAVE A REPUBLIC BORN OF THESE EVENTS
DONE

Am missing something here?

theres more to it than that; Bush made what may be the grand strategic geo-political blunder of blunders by neutering the only real 'hard' option deterrent to a militant Iran, a Saddamite Iraq.

If things continue to go they way they appear to be, in 5 years, it will be as if we were never there.

The US did not have UN authority to carry out UN resolutions. That ends the matter. Our invasion was in violation of international laws of war. The senior Bushies will be arrested if they travel to certain parts of Europe.

And exactly which european country would arrest a former President of the United States? Not even obama would put up with that, and the consequences would last for generations. Which country is that hungry for a shit storm all on behalf of empty political posturing?

1) REMOVE SADDAM
DONE
2) STABILIZE COUNTRY
DONE
DONE

theres more to it than that; Bush made what may be the grand strategic geo-political blunder of blunders by neutering the only real 'hard' option deterrent to a militant Iran, a Saddamite Iraq.

If things continue to go they way they appear to be, in 5 years, it will be as if we were never there.

In 5 years there may be half a dozen or more democracies in the ME.

The Un created that mess with Iraq
As part as the agreement that kept Saddam in power he was to come clean with all of the WMDs he had by document and then destroy them by witness
There is this
Chief UN weapons inspector Hans Blix remarked in January 2003 that "Iraq appears not to have come to a genuine acceptance—not even today—of the disarmament, which was demanded of it and which it needs to carry out to win the confidence of the world and to live in peace."[117] Among other things he noted that 1,000 short tons (910 t) of chemical agent were unaccounted for, information on Iraq's VX nerve agent program was missing, and that "no convincing evidence" was presented for the destruction of 8,500 litres (1,900 imp gal; 2,200 US gal) of anthrax that had been declared.[117]
then there is this
Oil-for-Food Programme - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think those who helped arm Iraq bear some responsibility for the mess.

Actually, what I said was that the UN was too much of a feckless, impotent, corrupt body to enforce its (many!) resolutions so the US decided to do so when we concluded that was in our national interest.

I also mentioned how the UN was better at raping civilians and spreading cholera than doing anything useful. I may also have mentioned talking too much, pushing papers, and passing resolution after resolution they have no intention of enforcing, thus giving encouragement to tyrants like saddam and dirty dealers like Koffi Annan's own son.

Prior to that in answer to:

When did the UN Security Council authorize an invasion of Iraq?

You said:

UN Resolutions # 660, 661, 678, 686, 687, 688, 707, 715, 986, 1284, and of course 1441 that specifically mentioned a "final opportunity to comply,"

didn't you. Or are you now recanting your claim that the UNSC authorized an invasion?

This country does not answer to the UN
this mess they created

The UN did not arm Iraq with Chemical/Biological Weapons Technology. The West did. (And made some hansome profits at that)

By signing the charter of the UN we are obligated uphold it founding principle against aggression. Until then we have the Veto!

I am starting to see the "arrest GWB" for war crimes crowd showing up

If you believe that there is some law in this world that prevents this country to take action to either defend them selves and or to remove a regime that this country feels is in its best interest to do so, then your badly mistaken

when this event took place in congress
Senate approves Iraq war resolution - CNN
It began the path to make it legal
when this event took place in congress in 2006, it finished the path to be a legal war
Defense.gov News Article: Munitions Found in Iraq Meet WMD Criteria, Official Says

It is so simple I cannot believe that people would for one second think this war was anything but in our best interest

If you believe that there is some law in this world that prevents this country to take action to either defend them selves and or to remove a regime that this country feels is in its best interest to do so, then your badly mistaken

when this event took place in congress in 2006, it finished the path to be a legal war
Defense.gov News Article: Munitions Found in Iraq Meet WMD Criteria, Official Says

It is so simple I cannot believe that people would for one second think this war was anything but in our best interest
When did Iraq launch an armed attack against the US?
When did it threaten such an attack?
What UN Security Council Resolution specifically authorized the use of force against Iraq?

Bush and Cheney are war whores who didn't even have the integrity to risk their own lives in Vietnam.
They should be dropped through trap doors at the end of short ropes.

The lefties are just recycling through the talking points now. No matter how often they are proven wrong, they think that if they just read through their list often enough they will convince someone.

I know you've been told to go through your list of talking points again, but we've done this several times already.

The US did not have UN authority to carry out UN resolutions. That ends the matter. Our invasion was in violation of international laws of war. The senior Bushies will be arrested if they travel to certain parts of Europe.

And exactly which european country would arrest a former President of the United States? Not even obama would put up with that, and the consequences would last for generations. Which country is that hungry for a shit storm all on behalf of empty political posturing?

Do you see George traveling much? Do you see the others traveling at all?

You sound just like Hitler or Stalin or the other totalitarians. Basically, you argue, we can do whatever we want, and if we want, then it is right. That is Uncensored logic, and that is just stupid, and it will be fatal for the country in the long run.

That is not what we want America to be. We have to be better than that.

Last edited:
The lefties are just recycling through the talking points now. No matter how often they are proven wrong, they think that if they just read through their list often enough they will convince someone.
Produce the text of any UNSC Resolution authorizing the use of force against Iraq.

It is a fact that the U.N. did not authorize any action; it was quite a little issue for the Bush administration while they were trying to drum up support for the war.

When did Iraq launch an armed attack against the US?
When did it threaten such an attack?
What UN Security Council Resolution specifically authorized the use of force against Iraq?

Bush and Cheney are war whores who didn't even have the integrity to risk their own lives in Vietnam.
They should be dropped through trap doors at the end of short ropes.

1993 was the first attack against the US by Iraq
These questions have an obvious bearing not only on past events but on possible future ones as well. [2] It is important to know who Ramzi Yousef is and who his "friends" are, because if he is not just a bomber-for-hire, or an Islamic militant loosely connected to other Muslim fundamentalists, Yousef's "friends" could still prove very dangerous to the United States. It is of considerable interest, therefore, that a very persuasive case can be made that Ramzi Yousef is an Iraqi intelligence agent, and that his bombing conspiracies were meant as Saddam Hussein's revenge for the Gulf War. If so, and if, as U.S. officials strongly suspect, Baghdad still secretly possesses biological warfare agents, then we may still not have heard the last from Saddam Hussein.
Few Americans are aware of the true scale of the destructive ambition behind that bomb, this despite the fact that two years later, the key figure responsible for building it--a man who had entered the United Stares on an Iraqi passport under the name of Ramzi Yousef--was involved in another stupendous bombing conspiracy. In January 1995, Yousef and his associates plotted to blow up eleven U.S. commercial aircraft in one spectacular day of terrorist rage. The bombs were to be made of a liquid explosive designed to pass through airport metal detectors. But while mixing his chemical brew in a Manila apartment, Yousef started a fire. He was forced to flee, leaving behind a computer that contained the information that led to his arrest a month later in Pakistan. Among the items found in his possession was a letter threatening Filipino interests if a comrade held in custody were not released. It claimed the "ability to make and use chemicals and poisonous gas... for use against vital institutions and residential populations and the sources of drinking water." [1] Quickly extradited, he is now in U.S. custody awaiting trial this spring.
THE WORLD TRADE CENTER BOMB: Who is Ramzi Yousef? And Why It Matters - The National Interest, Winter, 1995/96
And as far as your feelings for GWB and D.C goes
your a very sick human being, I will pray for you

I know you've been told to go through your list of talking points again, but we've done this several times already.

Simply accusing some one of reading talking points over and over is not a rational argument and does not in any way prove or disprove their assertions.
Since you keep falling back on this simplistic tactic to sidestep the argument, I would be inclined to think you have no response but refuse to admit you are wrong.

"Why would anyone continue to claim the iraqi war was a failure? "

Ha lo l- uh maybe because there was no weapons of mass destruction, hundreds of thousands of civilians dead, thousands of young American military men and women dead, and a once oil rich nation in ruin. Why would anyone think the Iraq War wasn't a failure?

1) REMOVE SADDAM
DONE
2) STABILIZE COUNTRY
DONE
DONE

62% of the adults in Iraq voted in the last election
BBC News - Iraq election turnout 62%, officials say
Having a base that borders Iran had no reason we are there?
If you say so

Do you see George traveling much? Do you see the others traveling at all?

You KOS Kunts are funny - seriously stupid, but funny.

You sound just like Hitler or Stalin or the other totalitarians. Basically, you argue, we can do whatever we want, and if we want, then it is right. That is Uncensored logic, and that is just stupid, and it will be fatal for the country in the long run.

That is not what we want America to be. We have to be better than that.

Leftism is the manifestation of stupidity.

Forum List

Back