Why would anyone get a full sleeve tatoo?

as an old guy the thing that I find interesting is when police and USA military take on gang like tattoos and behavior and i am generally a police supporter . Going to be interesting to me when police in the USA and USA military start walking around wearing burkas and foreign [to me] head dresses , funny hats or turbans of authority .[chuckle]

Last edited:
thing I find interesfind interesting is when the ting
Yes I'm an old fart and I don't get it. Why do people do that? It looks terrible and isn't it kind of labeling yourself unemployable?
--------------------------------------- HUH , WHAT they'd only be unemployable due to bigots and those that dislike diversity MMike !!

Why would anyone have their own bodies tattooed anyway ??

Answer: some kind of feeling of inadequacy which they need some kind of tattoo to make up for it by their way of thinking.

Piercings are even more barbarian -- yuk !!

But kids these days love tattoos. It is fashionable. And in fashion imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Yes I'm an old fart and I don't get it. Why do people do that? It looks terrible and isn't it kind of labeling yourself unemployable?

Why would it make you unemployable? When you're wearing a long sleeve shirt no one can see it

Meh....

Of all the things other people do that I don't cotton too, Tats are the least of my concern.

The fuckers who get tats on their fuckin faces are why I carry a gun though.

Why would anyone have their own bodies tattooed anyway ??

Answer: some kind of feeling of inadequacy which they need some kind of tattoo to make up for it by their way of thinking.

Piercings are even more barbarian -- yuk !!

But kids these days love tattoos. It is fashionable. And in fashion imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Yep, that rose you had tattooed on your breast today? In 30 years it'll look like a cayenne pepper on the end of a jungle vine.

Not a tat fan at all.

Seems to me for a lot of folks it's a way to counter their low self-esteem. They want to be noticed, make up for their various perceived inadequacies, etc. Add several piercings and have a seat. Your shrink will be right with you.

As for hiring such people, if it comes down to a couple or so candidates the tat/pierced one doesn't have a chance with me. Just not the look I'd want representing my business.

That's easy

Anyone can do anything to their own body for the simple reason that they want to and besides that

It's none of your business

The idea that someone gets a tattoo because of feelings of inadequacy is as ridiculous as the idea that guys buy guns because they have a tiny penis.

Some people like tatts. Why does anyone care? If someone wants to get a tatt, it is none of your business.

Im an old fart too, but, I have tattoos, and a pierced ear and a pierced tongue, Last year I retired from a position as Network Administrator/Engineer with the local government, I now work as a counselor for the mentally ill and chemically addicted. Tattoos were a bad thing to have years ago but in the last 10 or 20 years they have become accepted by most employers.
I love the look of well done tattoos, The only place I think would cause problems would be the face and neck.
Some people look at their body like an empty canvass.
But, I do understand your opinion on them and other than being an ass I have no reason not to respect the opinion you have.

In my opinion, the more tattoos a person has, the lower te IQ they possess. I think tattoos are disgusting as are the majority of the people that have them.

Convicts get them all the time. It's a badge of honor for them. BTDT.

I admit it is a personal bias and everyone is free to do what they want with their bodies. It's something I don't understand obviously. The idea of someone sticking ink under my skin with a hot needle freaks me out. And I do think there is a cost in terms of being stigmatized when the tattoos cover your whole arms.

Forum List

Back